Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Sharpe hurt us by waiting so long to make his decision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Sharpe hurt us by waiting so long to make his decision?

It caused us to sign Weaver and Santiago, as well as to re-sign Patrick Hape. I feel like we have a lot of dead weight at the Tight End position. I really like Sharpe and Carswell. When we saw Ben Troupe still on the board approaching Tennessee's 1st 2nd round selection, i really wish that we had traded up for him. Tatum Bell is a good running back, but, Ben Troupe is a great physical tight end, and would have been a great successor to Shannon Sharpe for many years to come. Getting a tight end like him would have been a steal in the 2nd round and would have allowed us to dump some of our dead weight at the tight end position. This is my first post and i'm looking forward to getting some responses.

yo

you damn right

Comment

negative

it didnt hurt us or effect our draft day moves. we are loaded at t.e with shannon coming back and have great depth. we had other holes to fill and im glad we went the direction we did. enjoy posting on the forum dude.

Comment

Bell is an

awesome pick. Knowing Shannon was back allowed us to get alot of positions in a rich draft. There will be TE's next year who will rise to the top of the NCAA, and we'll nab one.
        This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Not really....because I think those players didn't have big sinign bonuses and they are cap friendly...meaning they won't lose much (if any) in the cap.

So get off of Sharpe and root for him!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Has Sharpe hurt us by waiting so long to make his decision?

Originally posted by chcope04
            It caused us to sign Weaver and Santiago, as well as to re-sign Patrick Hape. I feel like we have a lot of dead weight at the Tight End position. I really like Sharpe and Carswell. When we saw Ben Troupe still on the board approaching Tennessee's 1st 2nd round selection, i really wish that we had traded up for him. Tatum Bell is a good running back, but, Ben Troupe is a great physical tight end, and would have been a great successor to Shannon Sharpe for many years to come. Getting a tight end like him would have been a steal in the 2nd round and would have allowed us to dump some of our dead weight at the tight end position. This is my first post and i'm looking forward to getting some responses.
            First of all we do not know how many years Shannon will play. It could be only this year, but if Shannon keeps loving the game and we go far in the playoffs this year, it might keep him coming back.

We almost had Troupe if we wanted him. We do have Sharpe. We will see what Weaver can do for us and Carswell is an excellent blocker. It is time for Jeb to either put up or shut up.

No I think Shannon actually helped us in the draft because his decision allowed us to fill some needs that needed filled and give us some backup players for the future.

Also when the Broncos need a tight end who knows who will be available in free-agency and next years draft.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by bronco jock
              it didnt hurt us or effect our draft day moves. we are loaded at t.e with shannon coming back and have great depth. we had other holes to fill and im glad we went the direction we did. enjoy posting on the forum dude.
              Agreed, Hape is a long snapper, he plays more positions than just one, Carswell is getting old and he may end up being cut, Weaver is a great back up he did great in San Fransico, and Santiago I believe WILL be cut.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X