Why didn't we keep Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't we keep Gold

Why would we let Ian Gold go and turn around and use our first draft pick on a Linebacker? Ian Gold is a proven NFL Linebacker and DJ Williams isn't. If we're going pay someone millions of dollars at least let them be a proven player at their position. I'm sure Ian would've cost a little more than DJ but at least we know how good Ian is.

I would have preferred picking up a Tight End with our first pick that way Sharpe could take him under his wing before he leaves for good.

Unless one or more of these players start showing us something quick or this will turn out to be Shanahan's worse draft.

Ian Gold is asking for his weight in Gold.....

But unfortunatly, he thinks he weighs 4 million pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Ian Gold is asking for his weight in Gold.....

But unfortunatly, he thinks he weighs 4 million pounds.
      now that's funny. I think he's asking for too much as well.....not bad for a guy with a torn ACL.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

think dj will get #52...and you noticed no other team so far thinks hes worth that much either plus shanny has great luck drafting LB's all 3 were pro bowlers gold was on ST's but still a pro bowler....dj will be a fine addition...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30
          think dj will get #52...and you noticed no other team so far thinks hes worth that much either plus shanny has great luck drafting LB's all 3 were pro bowlers gold was on ST's but still a pro bowler....dj will be a fine addition...
          He's been assigned number 55.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

As long as there Ian is not signed we have just a good of chance of getting him back as the next team. I don't think he will come back because of the "pride" factor. From what I read we had a "great" offer on the table and he refused it and now that has been taken away.

It is really possible that he will not get as good an offer as the Broncos first wanted to give him.

D.J. Williams is bigger and is also fast. He could fill in quite nicely and we do have one opening if not two in the linebacker slots.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

DJ was a wise 1st round pick:

I don't feel like Gold is worth what he is asking. Especially since Spragan and Sykes worked out so well last year in his absence. With Mobley's status still very uncertain i think drafting Williams was a no brainer. Our LB's aren't known for staying healthy anyway so a top notch rookie is very valuable to us indeed. I do agree with you though that we should have taken a tight end somewhere in this draft. I really wanted Ben Troupe and living in Tennessee i got to watch him quite a bit in the SEC. He will be incredible as a pro. I thought that maybe Kris Wilson from Pitt would have been a good 3rd round pick, but shanahan obviously saw something that he liked in the "spider."

Comment

Re: Why didn't we keep Gold

Originally posted by sportsgeist

Unless one or more of these players start showing us something quick or this will turn out to be Shanahan's worse draft.
                Money, and quoting that sentence that you wrote I guess you never seen DJ Williams play.
                sigpic

Comment

I's like to see Gold back but he is asking for lots of money... I think that DJ will dress perfectly in Gold place

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Working...
                  X