Bell vs Portis inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell vs Portis inquiry

I noticed that Tatum Bell runs the 40 in 4.34.

Does anyone know Portis' time in the 40 (I know I should but unfortunately don't)?

I know the 40 time isn't everything but it's nice when a back can have those huge plays like Portis did for us last year. It can really be a big swing in the game, and I don't feel like any of our other backs have that breakaway speed.
    My other love...
    sigpic
    305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

I don't know what it is but he's no where near that.

I'll try to look it up.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profil...on.htm#agility

4.42 in the 40

I guess that's kinda close but still it's slower.

Comment

No where near that meaning slower, right?

I couldn't imagine him (Portis) being that much faster, and I'm assuming he's not.

Thanks for the reply though and I'll keep an eye out if you are able to find the time.

NEVERMIND, I WAS A LITTLE SLOW IN GETTING THIS POST UP, AND I SAW YOUR RESPONSE AFTER I GOT IT UP.
        My other love...
        sigpic

Comment

I'm going to miss Portis' child-like attitude. He danced, he jumped up for a TD, wore a belt....

it was fun!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker
            No where near that meaning slower, right?

I couldn't imagine him (Portis) being that much faster, and I'm assuming he's not.

Thanks for the reply though and I'll keep an eye out if you are able to find the time.

yeah, meaning slower.

Comment

40 isn't necessarily quickness

but 4.3 is awesome!!!!! Denver needs quick through the hole backs like TD and CP. What they do in the secondary and open field to would be tackelers is also important. TD always got the extra on the defender and CP could just ran away from them.

I like QG in the secondary if he can get there (through the line) quick. We'll soon see what Bell is about.
              This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                LOL . Portis had to wear a belt. That's why they called him Bootydo. His stomach sticked out more than his his booty do.
                ROFLMFAO!!

That's great.

I must say I'm excited to see what Bell can do for us this season, I've always enjoyed exceptionally quick backs. I'm beginning to forget who Portis was (I mean is)

We'll see what happens though, how many backs do you think we'll stick with after all the cuts are made (I'd guess 5 total, including Anderson and Droughns at FB).
                My other love...
                sigpic

Comment

We should run the wishbone and have 3 backs on the field at once.
                  Die Hard Broncos fan in Texas

Steve is tha man !!! The Lynch mob in effect !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                    I'm going to miss Portis
                    ya same here

Comment

Not Me. I miss guys like Terrell Davis. I don't miss guys like Clinton Portis. I move on REALLY quick with guys like Portis

Comment

Originally posted by BroncofanNKC
                        I don't have a problem with this Tatum kid. But aren't we getting the same type of attitude from him too. I think Portis and tatum are both the same on and off the field. Lets just hope Bell will want to honor is complete contract.
                        Yeah, or Shanny learned from Portis.See TD was never like that he'd take anything that was given to him and now Shanny is used to that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X