Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else just bummed about football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else just bummed about football?

I tell you with the death of Darrent and Denver out of the playoffs I really don't care about football much right now. I am only intrested in how this team will rebound. What draft picks we will get and hopefully a defensive coaching change.

I am all Denver - nothing else football wise I care about.

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Im with you.Sunday was a terrible loss.I was already bummed out then woke up to see a story on Darrent.Tough times right now.Still I cant wait till next year but I dont care much about the rest of this season.

Comment

I'm with you guys right now. I am almost sick about football right now. BUt next year is going to be something...
      With these Bronx thru no matter what!!!

Comment

I would have to Agree

Originally posted by cutlerfan
        I tell you with the death of Darrent and Denver out of the playoffs I really don't care about football much right now. I am only intrested in how this team will rebound. What draft picks we will get and hopefully a defensive coaching change.

I am all Denver - nothing else football wise I care about.

This Darrent Williams death really should put things in perspective for everybody! I was so bummed about our loss to the 49ers. You know, Typical fan, cursing our bad luck cursing the team, etc. Then I woke up a 5:00 in the morning and everything changed. It seems strange that an act like that against someone that most of us don't even know personally can have such a profound effect. I guess the biggest shock to me was seeing his birthdate which is the same as mine. Same year. That could have been me that could have been any one of you! That could have been my best friend! That could have been your son! Football is just a game, I have kind of lost interest for the rest of the season, but I will be back in full regalia come draft time. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends! We can resume our fervor after a while!
        Broncos! When it absolutely, positively has to be delivered by ground over night!

Officially Objectified by the GPA! I am moving Up!!!!

Comment

After watching the game I was bummed but then thought what did it REALLY matter, what we're we really going to do in the playoffs. The exp. for our rookies would have neen nice but I didn't see us getting past the 2 nd round at the very best.

Then...

after the news of DWill, I was like who cares, and I really wouldn't have cared about the playoffs at that point even if we were in it.

Next year should be interesting and looking upward at this team. some good young players but the real issue is DWill and someone who lost there life for no reason. secondary to the families and such, wayyyyy secondary-on a football only level-how this will affect the team.

It's going to be tough to say the least. I hope they all can pull through the grief in a healthy way.

Comment

I can't even enjoy other stuff like my hobbies right now.
            Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
              I am bummed about Darrent, but when the playoffs start I will be watching.

I have loved the NFL longer than I have been a Bronco fan

NFL since 1979
              Broncos since 1982

I love the NFL playoffs as their is no other one and done pro sport.
              I also am very sad with what happened to Darrent Williams. All the pictures on this site...everyone one of them shows the enthusiam he had for the game, and that youthful exuberence...that zest he had for life. Those images are now caputured forever on film, for us to reflect on, mourn, receive comfort, and ultimatly heal...

For me...I love NFL football...especially playoff football. I was a Bronco fan first, but over time have fallen in love with football in general. The Playoffs are a time when only the best teams remain, where the senses are hightened...the fight or flight takes over and drives these teams on to the ultimate prize. The players play with more intensity, more heart and more desire.

This year, I'm determined to watch the Playoffs. Even though I didnt know Darrent Williams, his love of the game lives on in his images. That's more than enough reason for me to watch.
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

I wasn't as bummed as I normally would've been after a loss..(I had already given up hopes an a Superbowl for the Bronc's)....but was still bummed non the less. Then I get a text from my best friend Monday morning telling me about Williams. I thought he was joking or something, then I saw the bottom line on ESPN and was like "It's true?!?!?" From that moment on, this season for me has all but ended. I don't care about the playoffs or the Superbowl or who wins any of it.....well, as long as Peyton doesn't win it I'll be happy. I will be back next year, but for now football has taken a back seat.

PEACE!!!

Comment

I totally agree with you. I was bummed about the Broncos loss but since hearing about DWill, I don't even want to think about football anymore. Maybe in a couple of weeks, once the shock wears off, I can enjoy a playoff game or two and watch the SB, but right now it just sort of doesn't feel right, you know?

I can't even bring myself to play Madden anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by KyLewin
                    I totally agree with you. I was bummed about the Broncos loss but since hearing about DWill, I don't even want to think about football anymore. Maybe in a couple of weeks, once the shock wears off, I can enjoy a playoff game or two and watch the SB, but right now it just sort of doesn't feel right, you know?

I can't even bring myself to play Madden anymore...
                    I agree - I can't even watch any of Darrent's Video's on CBS 4 Denver site. It just makes me sick!

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I think I will feel a bit better when Shanny, Lynch, Smith...the leaders of the team speak.

Comment

Yeah I probally will stay more intunewith this team then the playoffs now.
                        Thank You Darrent RIP

Comment

I think it is best for the team that they did not make the playoffs. With the loss of D. Will, I cannot see the Broncos being ready emotionally for a game less than a week from his death. Not making the playoffs allows the team and fans adequate time to mourn and pay respect to a great individual.
                          Last edited by PurdueBronc; 01-02-2007, 12:36 PM.

Comment

um

no i was bummed about football when jake was replaced
                            Favorite NFL TEAM 2K5 Cardinals team

Comment

Yea, I thought it couldnt get any worse after we lost to San Fran, then I wake up with the flu and find out about D Will and it was just a shock. Kinda put everything back in perspective. However, being a broncos fan made me a football fan, and I definatly do look forward to this weekends games as its the best thing to help with the loss of D Wil.

Comment

Working...
                              X