how is Bailey not DPOY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is Bailey not DPOY

i mean come on this guy shuts down everyone Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, Torry Holt and Randy Moss. no TDs for any of them facing Bailey this year

86 tackles(Darrent Williams had 86 also RIP) 11pass deflections 10Ints 162yds 1TD and those are just stats i dont know how many times this year but Bailey picked off a lot of passes this year in the endzone stepping up when we needed him most game changer we can have nothing going right then Bailey picks off a pass and boom the team gets going
    Last edited by Justin Roberts; 01-02-2007, 09:58 AM.
    Kyle Orton Army #184

i think bailey will win it
    sigpic

Comment

I really hope he wins this as well. He deserves this award the way he plays.

Comment

I think he was a lock until the Broncos missed the playoffs.

I still think he shouldwin it, because how valuable can Merriman be if the Chargers won all 4 games they played without him???

Check Out MHR Radio

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

Comment

I think it's him and Jason Taylor head to head. The NFL would be looked down on if it awarded it to Merriman after his drugs ban this year.

But JT's stats are pretty sick: 13.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 TDs, 9 (NINE!!) fumbles forced, 8 passes defended.

Comment

I guess it's between Taylor and Bailey and both played awesome this year and they did change games around. I hope bailey wins it though.
            Thank You Darrent RIP

Comment

Like it or not...

Shawne Merriman will be in the race and it is between:

Merriman
              Taylor
              and Bailey

I don't want Tyrone Biggums winning the award either, but it's a fact that he will be in the race and will be a competitor, whether or not Merriman deserves the recognition.

He took roids and the chargers went 4-0 without him, so I don't think he's DPOY, but he is, no doubt, well in the race.
              sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
              Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I would love to see Bailey win it, but I think Taylor is the frontrunner in the eyes of the league. We shall see...
                Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

bailey has it in the bag this year.

Comment

what are merriman's stats?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                      The important ones:

Missed 4 games.

17 Sacks.

Of course the Chargers went undefeated in games he was gone, but people won't look at that...
                      sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
                        Remember he missed 4 games, they are pretty damn good.

62 Tackles, 49 solo, 16.5 Sacks, 1 Fumble Recovered, 4 Forced Fumbles, 1 INT and 8 passes defensed.

He is a spectacular player, but Taylor got his numbers going up against the LTs and Merriman is tainted by the suspension IMO.
                        Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

If there is any time to have CO-DPOY, it is right now. Both have had great years, and both should get it.

^^^^^^^^^^
                          made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by lord_helmet
                            Remember he missed 4 games, they are pretty damn good.

62 Tackles, 49 solo, 16.5 Sacks, 1 Fumble Recovered, 4 Forced Fumbles, 1 INT and 8 passes defensed.

He is a spectacular player, but Taylor got his numbers going up against the LTs and Merriman is tainted by the suspension IMO.
                            Merriman also got his numbers going against the LT's and RB/FBs.

That's not a very good point, they played the same side of the field and Taylor even played Merriman's position occasionally.
                            sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                              Merriman also got his numbers going against the LT's and RB/FBs.

That's not a very good point, they played the same side of the field and Taylor even played Merriman's position occasionally.
                              That may be true, I haven't seen much of SD. But I do know they have some outstanding linemen creating space, like Williams, Castillo and Olshansky. And while the argument may be weak, I still feel that Merriman getting caught using PEDs should have a negative impact on his chances (yes I know Peppers got an award after being busted). Its just a horrible message to send, that PED use is pretty much okay just try and manage to not get caught.
                              Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Working...
                              X