Our current SAFETY situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our current SAFETY situation

Does anybody else think that we need to bring in a new safety this off-season?

Lynch is getting old and Fergeson isn't exactly a Pro Bowler.

We should.
    R.I.P D.Will

Thanks Tned

Comment

If Gibril Wilson, Deon Grant or Ken Hamlin become available...

Yes.
      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

I dunno, Ferguson and Brandon are damn good, and Lynch is well, Lynch, not many people I'd replace him with. I think we need a Dlineman more so then a saftey, but Shawn Merriweather from Miami would be a nice addition if he falls to us.

Comment

Move John back to SS. Please. Ferguson now has a question mark...he's always been solid but he's also getting on a bit. I'd be comfy with Brandon at FS and Lynch as SS...but it'd be rather nice if we could pick up a future SS to complement Brandon.
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I say instead we take an athletic corner (WHO WOULD NOT WEAR # 27) with the chance he could play safety

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

I really liked the play of Foxworth, Paymah, and Cox. I think anyone of those guys would fit in well with the team's plans.
              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                I really liked the play of Foxworth, Paymah, and Cox. I think anyone of those guys would fit in well with the team's plans.

Very true, I dont think our secondary is in need of any major additions or overhauling. Our Dline is though.

Comment

I believe that the loss of Ferguson and Brandon had a huge impact on our season.
                  They are quality guys, that we need back. Lynch is obviously in the twilight of his career, but still playing at a high level. I have high hopes for Abdullah, and Cox is an above average back up and st player.

There are some good safeties that will be available in the draft, and it would be wise to burn a 3rd rd pick on one to groom for the future. VT's Aaron Rouse might fall to our 3rd rd pick (from Washington) or Houstons Will Gulley is a good example of a safety that would be available in the 6th or 7th. I would spend FA money and 1st/2nd round draft picks on improving our lines.

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
                    Does anybody else think that we need to bring in a new safety this off-season?

Lynch is getting old and Fergeson isn't exactly a Pro Bowler.
                    If any of our safeties deserved a Pro Bowl nod it was Ferguson pre-injury. He is very underrated and I hope we keep him around. On the note of safeties, though, I do hope we draft one (a pure-safety, not this corner/safety stuff) to keep in the wing until he's ready.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                    - Carl Sagan

Comment

i think if we can get merriweather out of miami in the second round that would be a steal since befor ethe season he was a top ten pick

Comment

I think we should leave Foxworth and Paymah and our 2nd and 3rd but move Brandon to SS or FS and keep Lynch and then draft a Safety next year because then we will have Cox Abdullah and Ferguson ans solid backups.
                        Thank You Darrent RIP

Comment

1st let me say this if fergy does not get hurt we wouldnt be having this conversation. it really amazes me that people get bored of the players they have and they want to get rid of him.]

Lynch- the guy is good. he was brought here for leadership reasons and he is still one of the best run defenders as well as tacklers on this team!!!! it was him that set the tempo for the game against cincy and last year against the pats. so please enough with the whole yeah he is too old. did anyone happen to notice that lynch made it to the pro- bowl this year?
                          oh yeah i guess we should draft another QB then because he will be old as well.

ferguson- why do we need to replace him please explain that one. why because he got hurt? give the guy a chance. the guy got the job done when he was playing last i saw.

this situation is to over analyzed if you ask me. also does anyone realize that with darrents passing that we need a CB again? not to be bad but it is a fact. so
                          thank god its football season again

broncos and yankees--champions go together

Comment

I dont remember who said it and I dont feel like looking it up. But in reply to the person that said we should get a corner:

Why?

WE got Foxworth, and Paymah, I had the same argument on footballsfuture.com with all these guys having us draft a corner in the first round. Theres no point cuz we still have our other two corners and Foxworth had competed with Darrent to become the starter this past training camp, he will fill in and be just fine
                            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by broncsyanks

Lynch- the guy is good. he was brought here for leadership reasons and he is still one of the best run defenders as well as tacklers on this team!!!! it was him that set the tempo for the game against cincy and last year against the pats. so please enough with the whole yeah he is too old. did anyone happen to notice that lynch made it to the pro- bowl this year?
                              oh yeah i guess we should draft another QB then because he will be old as well.

Uhh...Lynch is 36 yrs old. How much longer do you think he will be able to play at a high level? Yeah, he has been playing great for us, but I'm looking at the future.

This thread was made for purposes of our FUTURE. Dont give me arguments of how he has played in the recent past, because that is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                              X