Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our current SAFETY situation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I think that archuleta is our man becose he will cut by the redskins but my favorites they are M Lewis (PHI) or K. Hamlin (SEA)
    Yarda a yarda conseguiremos ganar otra Super Bowl

    Comment


    • #17
      The only FA player worth looking at is Hamlin, IMO. Grant is a great physical talent, but an average player. Lewis has fallen off this year, but I still think he's worth taking a look at at a bargain price.

      The Giants would be stupid to put anything but a high-tender on Wilson.

      Archuleta is strictly a run-safety...we have plenty of them already.

      Listen, Brandon is a great player. He should be given a shot. We have two young players already on board, both of whom saw extensive playing time towards the end of the year. Abdullah is a great SS prospect, and he's said to be strong in zone coverage (hint hint).

      Unless an excellent opportunity presents itself, let's not go crazy, mmmm kay?

      Comment


      • #18
        we are banged up at safety.
        R.I.P D.Will

        Thanks Tned

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by broncsyanks
          1st let me say this if fergy does not get hurt we wouldnt be having this conversation. it really amazes me that people get bored of the players they have and they want to get rid of him.]

          Lynch- the guy is good. he was brought here for leadership reasons and he is still one of the best run defenders as well as tacklers on this team!!!! it was him that set the tempo for the game against cincy and last year against the pats. so please enough with the whole yeah he is too old. did anyone happen to notice that lynch made it to the pro- bowl this year?
          oh yeah i guess we should draft another QB then because he will be old as well.

          ferguson- why do we need to replace him please explain that one. why because he got hurt? give the guy a chance. the guy got the job done when he was playing last i saw.

          this situation is to over analyzed if you ask me. also does anyone realize that with darrents passing that we need a CB again? not to be bad but it is a fact. so

          ACTUally we do need another safety almost as bad as we need a dominant pass rush. John lynch is a great run support but you can't ignore his lack of speed and his inability to get to the quarterback on safety blizts calls. We need a speedy safety like the rookie manning from the bears, or Merrieweather would be a nice addition.

          I don't care who the safety is as long as he has speed and upkeeps the Broncos traditions as being hard nose helmet to helmet hitters.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ervi
            I think that archuleta is our man becose he will cut by the redskins but my favorites they are M Lewis (PHI) or K. Hamlin (SEA)

            lol lol

            WHY WOULD THE BRONCOS pick up a guy who has never made the pro bowl and was benched midway threw the season FOR GETTING BURNT TOO MANY TIMES

            ADAM ARCHULETA is a proven bum (just like your boy plummer, who you defended faithfully last year before preseason) and look where he's at now WE DON'T NEED NO MORE BUMS ON THIS TEAM.

            Comment


            • #21
              I am liking the Idea of getting Reggie Nelson in the first and then getting a DE in Jarvis Moss in the second. and to finish out the florida trifecta, I say we pick Chris Leak in the Fourth.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by legend111
                lol lol

                WHY WOULD THE BRONCOS pick up a guy who has never made the pro bowl and was benched midway threw the season FOR GETTING BURNT TOO MANY TIMES

                ADAM ARCHULETA is a proven bum (just like your boy plummer, who you defended faithfully last year before preseason) and look where he's at now WE DON'T NEED NO MORE BUMS ON THIS TEAM.
                Michael Lewis was on the 2004 Pro Bowl Team.

                Washington used Archuleta as a pure cover safety, which he isn't. He's a run support safety for the most part.

                Washington has been horrible this season, plain and simple. Some of their safety woes (see Sean Taylor as well), has to do with the loss of Pierson Priealou the first play fo the regular season.

                He helped line up the safeties and keep them in form, so they could execute the plays effectively. When he was lost, Sean Taylor looked lost and still does.

                The Redskins were stupid to make him the highest paid safety in the league.
                sigpic

                :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

                D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

                :logo:
                Denver Broncos General Manager

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                  I am liking the Idea of getting Reggie Nelson in the first and then getting a DE in Jarvis Moss in the second. and to finish out the florida trifecta, I say we pick Chris Leak in the Fourth.
                  /barf

                  You and Chris Leak...JEEZ.

                  (just playin)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I believe that if this last game proved one thing its that we are in desperate need of some O line, will Nalen be back? will Lepsis be back? going to be a big Q and our O line started getting the piss knocked out of it after Lepsis got injured. Yea I think we need some help at saftey but ou O line has been getting worked all year and we aint going to the SB like that.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by broncsyanks
                      1st let me say this if fergy does not get hurt we wouldnt be having this conversation. it really amazes me that people get bored of the players they have and they want to get rid of him.]

                      Lynch- the guy is good. he was brought here for leadership reasons and he is still one of the best run defenders as well as tacklers on this team!!!! it was him that set the tempo for the game against cincy and last year against the pats. so please enough with the whole yeah he is too old. did anyone happen to notice that lynch made it to the pro- bowl this year?
                      oh yeah i guess we should draft another QB then because he will be old as well.

                      ferguson- why do we need to replace him please explain that one. why because he got hurt? give the guy a chance. the guy got the job done when he was playing last i saw.

                      this situation is to over analyzed if you ask me. also does anyone realize that with darrents passing that we need a CB again? not to be bad but it is a fact. so
                      You do realize that Lynch made it to the pro bowl on his name alone, don't you? The guy didn't deserve a trip to the pro bowl and most Broncos fans would agree.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                      It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by kmartin575
                        You do realize that Lynch made it to the pro bowl on his name alone, don't you? The guy didn't deserve a trip to the pro bowl and most Broncos fans would agree.

                        I wouldnt Im not a stat guy but I do know not much gets past him on the ground and if your not sure where he is youd better figure it out real fast cause the hurt is on its way

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by kmartin575
                          You do realize that Lynch made it to the pro bowl on his name alone, don't you? The guy didn't deserve a trip to the pro bowl and most Broncos fans would agree.
                          Agreed.

                          He may have had a Bronco-career-high in tackles, but no sacks, no Interceptions. There were also several games where he got abused in coverage (SD away specifically).

                          He did make some key stops in the run game, and added some key leadership to the defense (along with an amazing hit on Hines Ward to keep him out of the endzone).

                          He had a decent year, but not pro-bowl by any calibur.
                          sigpic

                          :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

                          D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

                          :logo:
                          Denver Broncos General Manager

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
                            Does anybody else think that we need to bring in a new safety this off-season?

                            Lynch is getting old and Fergeson isn't exactly a Pro Bowler.
                            I'd like to see Adrian Wilson go to denver, he doesn't get all the credit because he is on bad team. He'd be a probowler in orange and blue

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson is there we need to get that done ASAP

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Im not trying to move on to quick or say that he will be easy to replace infact just the opposite. Are we able to get a comp pick for Darrent because it might take a couple of picks again to find the right person? He had a great style alot like Champ he would hit and could cover with the best of them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X