X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MileHighInNY
    replied
    Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
    Uhh...Lynch is 36 yrs old. How much longer do you think he will be able to play at a high level? Yeah, he has been playing great for us, but I'm looking at the future.

This thread was made for purposes of our FUTURE. Dont give me arguments of how he has played in the recent past, because that is irrelevant.

I think Lynch still has at least one or two very solid seasons in him, particularly if we move him back to SS. He's never been a player who relied on speed to get the job done; it's his smarts and his hitting that make him awesome, and those don't fade as much with age.

Ferguson was having a great year before his injury; it seems to me that a lot of us haven't realized how good he really is yet. We don't really require an upgrade at safety right now.

I think the secondary will be fine this next season. Champ and Foxworth at CB, Lynch and Ferguson at Safety, complemented by Brandon and Cox when needed...that's a lot of solid talent at DB.

We're still very good at LB too.

Upgrades on the defensive and offensive lines are the most urgent and necessary upgrades, and should be the highest priorities this offseason. If we can get a good free agent defensive back for a reasonable price, I wouldn't complain, but we lost a lot of games in the trenches this season.

For the future, we need O-line guys especially. I like some of the young guys we have (Pears, Meadows, Kuper, and Elsinger have potential), but the starters we have now are really getting up there in age and we need their replacements to be ready when Nalen, Lepsis, and the rest retire.

We also need to look at a new #2 QB, and possibly another HB, depending on what Shanny wants to do with the Bells. I still like Mike and Tatum, and I think the O-line injuries had a lot to do with their problems this year, but if a guy like Marshawn Lynch is still there when we draft I think we'd be stupid not to get a premier guy to carry the rock.

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Safety isn't even near the top in things we need to get done this offseason.

Leave a comment:

• jb_edson81
    replied
    I think if Reggie Nelson is there (which I don't think he will) at #21 we need to take him. He is the next Ed Reed. Just youtube search him and you'll see. Otherwise we should package up and get him with our lelie 3rd rounder.

I think safety is a definite need on this team. Lynch isn't getting any younger and I think Fergy is in his 30s as well. Cox and Abdullah stepped in and did well, but I think we need a complete safety that isn't a liability in coverage.

Draft Reggie Nelson!!

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    I think SS is a genuine need for the future. Lynch and Trainwreck are a great tandem but they are both into their 30s and we only have one bona fide replacement (Sam Brandon) at FS. With at least one of them retiring in the near future (most likely John), I think it's best we act now to get that complete safety. Yes, Lynch and Ferguson have been the best tandem we've had for years (it's been a bit of a revolving door...) but it's unlikely that they'll get better from here. I'm worried about Fergy after his injury...it was a real bugger because he was set for a near-Pro Bowl year.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    I think we all are jumping to conclusion to fast,we keep everyone and sign two or three DL and take care of that problem first.Then we will see that other players are good.I really think we need a better replacement for Myers.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Fine with a couple of scrubs? No way. I'm really hoping for a first day safety or an FA. A complete safety...and next year we can run a four way rotation with Lynch, Brandon, Trainwreck and said newbie.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    The Broncos signed Steve Cargile to Active Roster. He 6'2 210 and in his 2nd year. He should be sufficient. And Quentin Harris is also on the active roster as a safety, 6'1 213 5th year. I think we're fine.

Leave a comment:

• broncsyanks
    replied
    Originally posted by legend111
    ACTUally we do need another safety almost as bad as we need a dominant pass rush. John lynch is a great run support but you can't ignore his lack of speed and his inability to get to the quarterback on safety blizts calls. We need a speedy safety like the rookie manning from the bears, or Merrieweather would be a nice addition.

I don't care who the safety is as long as he has speed and upkeeps the Broncos traditions as being hard nose helmet to helmet hitters.

agreed with you

Leave a comment:

• Crush_570
    replied
    Im not trying to move on to quick or say that he will be easy to replace infact just the opposite. Are we able to get a comp pick for Darrent because it might take a couple of picks again to find the right person? He had a great style alot like Champ he would hit and could cover with the best of them.

Leave a comment:

• The Dyna$ty
    replied
    If LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson is there we need to get that done ASAP

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
    Does anybody else think that we need to bring in a new safety this off-season?

Lynch is getting old and Fergeson isn't exactly a Pro Bowler.
    I'd like to see Adrian Wilson go to denver, he doesn't get all the credit because he is on bad team. He'd be a probowler in orange and blue

Leave a comment:

• Lorcust
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    You do realize that Lynch made it to the pro bowl on his name alone, don't you? The guy didn't deserve a trip to the pro bowl and most Broncos fans would agree.
    Agreed.

He may have had a Bronco-career-high in tackles, but no sacks, no Interceptions. There were also several games where he got abused in coverage (SD away specifically).

He did make some key stops in the run game, and added some key leadership to the defense (along with an amazing hit on Hines Ward to keep him out of the endzone).

He had a decent year, but not pro-bowl by any calibur.

Leave a comment:

• biglenny
    replied
    Originally posted by kmartin575
    You do realize that Lynch made it to the pro bowl on his name alone, don't you? The guy didn't deserve a trip to the pro bowl and most Broncos fans would agree.

I wouldnt Im not a stat guy but I do know not much gets past him on the ground and if your not sure where he is youd better figure it out real fast cause the hurt is on its way

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by broncsyanks
    1st let me say this if fergy does not get hurt we wouldnt be having this conversation. it really amazes me that people get bored of the players they have and they want to get rid of him.]

Lynch- the guy is good. he was brought here for leadership reasons and he is still one of the best run defenders as well as tacklers on this team!!!! it was him that set the tempo for the game against cincy and last year against the pats. so please enough with the whole yeah he is too old. did anyone happen to notice that lynch made it to the pro- bowl this year?
    oh yeah i guess we should draft another QB then because he will be old as well.

ferguson- why do we need to replace him please explain that one. why because he got hurt? give the guy a chance. the guy got the job done when he was playing last i saw.

this situation is to over analyzed if you ask me. also does anyone realize that with darrents passing that we need a CB again? not to be bad but it is a fact. so

Leave a comment:

• biglenny
    replied
    I believe that if this last game proved one thing its that we are in desperate need of some O line, will Nalen be back? will Lepsis be back? going to be a big Q and our O line started getting the piss knocked out of it after Lepsis got injured. Yea I think we need some help at saftey but ou O line has been getting worked all year and we aint going to the SB like that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X