• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Still #1 Power Rankings

A REMINDER, OH BY THE WAY DONKEYS #10

Re: Chiefs Still #1 Power Rankings

Originally posted by REDMUDSLIDE
    Who cares about power rankings? They mean nothing unless the seasons over.

Comment

Chiefs Still #1 Power Rankings
      First of all, power rankings obviously don't matter. Just look at your Chiefs' last game.

Second, it depends on which ranking you look at. Sports Illustrated has dropped the Chiefs to #2 and moved the Titans up to #1. As has About Football, TeamRankings.com, and various other sports sites or publications.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Go to the SMACK board, if you have nothing to add or intelligent to say...
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

If your really into the power ratings that much, why didnt you mention that in the power ratings it says Denver is a Super Bowl team with Jake Plummr starting?
          Friends dont let friends vote for Democrats.

Comment

It depends on which power rankings you are reading. I think it was ESPN.com's Power rankings that said exactly that.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

are you a KC fan tahuya

Maybe I missed it but are you KC fan or a raider fan or what? you just seem to say things and disappear.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: Re: Chiefs Still #1 Power Rankings

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                if you have nothing to add or intelligent to say...
                I think that is why he is here...he doesn't understand.
                Originally posted by boltzpride619
                What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Hmm...12 teams make the Playoffs, right?
                  Thanks for the memories, John. We will always remember you.

You look great in Canton! Perhaps I'll get to see you some day...

Comment

I guess we should give up since all those "experts" (who are consitently being proved wrong since they have a tendency to take 0 risk) that live on the east coast have said that we are not going to make the superbowl.

These people do not know what they are talking about. How often do you see the guys on ESPN predicting the upset? Very rarely because on that big a stage they would rather pick the favorite and risk less damage to their "credibility".

Comment

Originally posted by tahuya man
                      No they didn't, you mis-quoted. Maybe your power rankings say that, but nobody is calling the Broncos a Super Bowl team because of Plummer being back. ESPN says that Denver's a different team with Plummer. The only people talking Super Bowl for Denver are all right here.
                      And there's no reason for them to call the Broncos a Super Bowl team...yet. Breaking a 3-game losing streak with Jake back in the lineup is just a good start. The Broncos need to play like they did last Sunday for about 5 of their last 7 games and then we can consider our team serious contenders.

But there are still SIX weeks left in the season. A lot can happen in that timeframe.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

You still listen to the media, even though they say that the Bengals exposed you and they've kicked you to the curb and made Carolina their new darling? Don't get too high on the media attention. From the comments I read that came from the Chiefs lockerroom after the game last Sunday, it sounded like they bought their own hype and thought their crap didn't stink.

Comment

I don't put much faith into the Power Rankings, however, the bragging rights are decent when you are #1.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                          ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

I second that NOLA.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I guess if you need to feel good....

power rankings are good if you need to stroke your ego. It's like being No.1 in college football or basketball all year and you don't make the championship game or lose the champioship game what's the point. Some fans need to be told that thier team is good while other fans just know it and disregard power rankings.
                              power rankings won't get you a better seeeding in the playoffs. Remember somebody in the AFC north will win the division with either a 9-7 or 8-8 record and make the playoffs and they won't have a high power ranking so should that mean take them lightly? I don't think so. The power ranking i care about is the one that comes right after the super bowl.
                              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                              X