X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Z's All Pro Team - Tom Nalen

didn't see it posted

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ll.pros/1.html

Funny what he says about Nalen. I guess he doesn't like him that much. Hopefully he doesn't retire this year.

CENTER (Tom Nalen)
    Please don't grade high, I kept pleading, as I recorded the week to week performance of Denver's Tom Nalen. I really didn't want to pick him. Hates writers. Makes sure the Denver offensive linemen don't talk to any. Hey, Jack, talk to yourself, I don't care, and I'll be damned if I'll pick you to...oh oh, an absolutely spectacular game when the Broncos lost to Indy, and two real good ones in the losses to the Rams and Chargers the first time. I mean, does the guy play well only in losses? Uh, no, here's a good one when they beat the Bengals and another fine performance against some really tough studs on that Baltimore D-line when the Broncos won. Can't avoid it. Nalen's the pick again...for so many years now that it makes me sick.

The grades -- Nalen, Broncos, 4.3; Brad Meester, Jacksonville, 3.9; Jeff Saturday, Indy, and Nick Mangold, Jets, tied at 3.6; Jamaal Jackson, Philly, 3.3; Casey Weigmann, KC, 2.9; Dan Koppen, Patriots, 2.8; Jeff Faine, New Orleans, 2.4.
    My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Go Tom .
    I hope we keep him.

Comment

As much as it sounds like Dr. Z doesn't like him, he'll probably get his vote for the HOF. It's sports writers like Dr. Z with the votes.
      My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

If we hangs on for a couple more years he might be in. I hope he stays with the broncos.

Comment

What's wrong with Dr. Z there? Someone needs to calm down!
          Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Originally posted by jb_edson81
            didn't see it posted

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ll.pros/1.html

Funny what he says about Nalen. I guess he doesn't like him that much. Hopefully he doesn't retire this year.

CENTER (Tom Nalen)
            Please don't grade high, I kept pleading, as I recorded the week to week performance of Denver's Tom Nalen. I really didn't want to pick him. Hates writers. Makes sure the Denver offensive linemen don't talk to any. Hey, Jack, talk to yourself, I don't care, and I'll be damned if I'll pick you to...oh oh, an absolutely spectacular game when the Broncos lost to Indy, and two real good ones in the losses to the Rams and Chargers the first time. I mean, does the guy play well only in losses? Uh, no, here's a good one when they beat the Bengals and another fine performance against some really tough studs on that Baltimore D-line when the Broncos won. Can't avoid it. Nalen's the pick again...for so many years now that it makes me sick.

The grades -- Nalen, Broncos, 4.3; Brad Meester, Jacksonville, 3.9; Jeff Saturday, Indy, and Nick Mangold, Jets, tied at 3.6; Jamaal Jackson, Philly, 3.3; Casey Weigmann, KC, 2.9; Dan Koppen, Patriots, 2.8; Jeff Faine, New Orleans, 2.4.
            The thing I dont understand anymore is, Why do journalists think they have to put some kind of twist on the story? Is it to make the story more interesting? I'm sorry, Dr. Z's all pro team just doesnt interest anybody. Because no body cares what he thinks. He's got issues and when he makes his predictions.....he's almost always wrong. But for some reason, we (as in, myself included) keep reading his football opinion as if he has 1 clue to what's going on. I dont get it...

I look at this as a backhanded compliment. This quote says it all, "oh oh, an absolutely spectacular game when the Broncos lost to Indy, and two real good ones in the losses to the Rams and Chargers the first time. I mean, does the guy play well only in losses?" And then goes on to compliment him for 1 good performance in a winning effort?

Maybe he just doesnt like Nalen. Or maybe he's trying to come off as sarcastic and it just isnt working. Whatever his reasoning for "Not wanting to pick Nalen" is, it isnt fair. Just write who your picks are Z.....we dont need to know why you "Almost didnt pick this guy" and for whatever reason.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
              The thing I dont understand anymore is, Why do journalists think they have to put some kind of twist on the story? Is it to make the story more interesting? I'm sorry, Dr. Z's all pro team just doesnt interest anybody. Because no body cares what he thinks. He's got issues and when he makes his predictions.....he's almost always wrong. But for some reason, we (as in, myself included) keep reading his football opinion as if he has 1 clue to what's going on. I dont get it...

I look at this as a backhanded compliment. This quote says it all, "oh oh, an absolutely spectacular game when the Broncos lost to Indy, and two real good ones in the losses to the Rams and Chargers the first time. I mean, does the guy play well only in losses?" And then goes on to compliment him for 1 good performance in a winning effort?

Maybe he just doesnt like Nalen. Or maybe he's trying to come off as sarcastic and it just isnt working. Whatever his reasoning for "Not wanting to pick Nalen" is, it isnt fair. Just write who your picks are Z.....we dont need to know why you "Almost didnt pick this guy for whatever reason"
              All the writers HATE the broncos o-line cause they want attention from them and want things to write about hahaha I love it how the broncos o-line dont talk to the media.

Comment

Damn, even though he picked him, Dr. Z is still a little jaded punk when it comes to Bailey.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan2616
                  All the writers HATE the broncos o-line cause they want attention from them and want things to write about hahaha I love it how the broncos o-line dont talk to the media.
                  Yea, now we know why! Because of scheming sports writers like Dr. Z.........And what exactly is he a doctor of? Sports?
                  I smell a mal-practice lawsuit.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                    Yea, now we know why! Because of scheming sports writers like Dr. Z.........And what exactly is he a doctor of? Sports?
                    I smell a mal-practice lawsuit.....
                    That made me crack-up! Mentally-ill writers like him give me the giggles too. Is it our fault our defense was plagued by injuries specifically in the safety position? Is it our fault Matt Lepsis was injured for the season and inexperienced Erik Pears had to step in yet did a good job? Rick Dennison (ex-offensive line coach) was promoted to offensive coordinator and had to focus on the offense in general. The line was left lonely with only veterans to contribute.

If they want to criticize, criticize with knowledge. I'm sorry he's too good for you to pick repeatedly, Paul. It's called SKILL and TALENT! Attributes you don't have, obviously.
                    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!

Sig above made by me!

Comment

Originally posted by defense!!!
                      That made me crack-up! Mentally-ill writers like him give me the giggles too. Is it our fault our defense was plagued by injuries specifically in the safety position? Is it our fault Matt Lepsis was injured for the season and inexperienced Erik Pears had to step in yet did a good job? Rick Dennison (ex-offensive line coach) was promoted to offensive coordinator and had to focus on the offense in general. The line was left lonely with only veterans to contribute.

If they want to criticize, criticize with knowledge. I'm sorry he's too good for you to pick repeatedly, Paul. It's called SKILL and TALENT! Attributes you don't have, obviously.
                      That's a CP worthy post in my book.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Haha, the man said Nalen is by far the best center in the league and has been for years and you're angry.

I've always liked Dr Z, no blahh with him, always gives a straight opinion, no BS.

Oh and I actually agree that the media boycut is a bit dumb, fait enough they don't want to talk to the press, but no need to make that big of a deal out of it and prohibit others from doing it. Basically they're biting the hand thatfeeds them too

Comment

Nalen is the best center of all time

Comment

it's funny how the people here bash dr. z and say he doesn't know anything when he criticizes the broncos. now one guy has a link to dr. z praising nalen and everyone acts like what he says is gospel.
                            i personally don't give a crap what he says whether it's good or bad for the broncos

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan2616

It will be this attitude that keeps many form pro-bowl and HOF consideration.

Most folks rail at Dr z predictions so why comment on a positive one?

Comment

Working...
                              X