If Larry Coyer is fired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Larry Coyer is fired...

Since a majority of the board seems to want him gone then if Coyer does get fired who would you want to replace him?

I would like to get Bo Pelini, the defensive coordinator from LSU. He's been able to coach less talented defenses into great defenses and has had some experience as a position coach for defensive backs and linebackers.

Glendale bound

...then we'll be looking for other candidates to blame for the performance of sub-par dlinemen.

Just for grins, has Shanny ever expressed anything that might indicate this thinking is just wishful thinking on the part of the grass roots??? I don't recall hearing him mention a single thing about Coyer being the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv
      ...then we'll be looking for other candidates to blame for the performance of sub-par dlinemen.

Just for grins, has Shanny ever expressed anything that might indicate this thinking is just wishful thinking on the part of the grass roots??? I don't recall hearing him mention a single thing about Coyer being the problem.
      and you wouldn't. You wouldn't know if he felt the scheme was the problem until he either fires him or not. Even if he doesn't, it doesn't mean he's not talking with Coyer. If he fires Coyer, he still won't blame anything on him.

Comment

The D-line would need some additions/mix-ups of course, but I wouldn't mind Jim Mora Jr. stepping in as the DC.
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Coyer

Shanahan likes him!

The players like him!

He's staying!

If Shanahan cared what anyone on these boards wanted there would not be a problem rushing the passer in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
            Shanahan likes him!

The players like him!

He's staying!

If Shanahan cared what anyone on these boards wanted there would not be a problem rushing the passer in the first place!
            Then god save us all....
            sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
              Then god save us all....
              No fear. The offense will be good enough to score 45 the next time we face the Colts.

disclaimer: The message above is laden with sarcasm.
              You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

I say Larry Coyer and the Barrelman trade places. I bet the barrelman could have some sense in him to blitz d.j. williams more.

Comment

I don't know who we would get. I don't think Coyer will be fired, and I personally dont' think he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    I don't know who we would get. I don't think Coyer will be fired, and I personally dont' think he should be.
                    While I understand the lack of talent we have on our D-line, and lack of effort on the part of slackers such as Gerrard Warren (for the most part), there are some problems on Defense that continue to remain prevalent that I'm convinced are part of his scheme.

Of course, I don't think he will be fired, but I'm not the one who makes the decisions. If I was, Coyer would be eating applesauce at the retirement home.
                    sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

While I understand the lack of talent we have on our D-line, and lack of effort on the part of slackers such as Gerrard Warren (for the most part), there are some problems on Defense that continue to remain prevalent that I'm convinced are part of his scheme.

Of course, I don't think he will be fired, but I'm not the one who makes the decisions. If I was, Coyer would be eating applesauce at the retirement home.
                      well. Neither one of us are professional football DCs... and I don't honestly think either one of us has the knowledge to know. BUT.... Its hard to blame a guy that can only do what his talent allows him to. When the offense is n the field for such a short time, you don't have control. When your DLine can't seem to put any pressure, you can only do so much.

*shrugs*..... I just don't think the scheme was the problem considering we were still a top 10 defense with the worst pass rush in the NFL.

Comment

well. Neither one of us are professional football DCs... and I don't honestly think either one of us has the knowledge to know. BUT.... Its hard to blame a guy that can only do what his talent allows him to. When the offense is n the field for such a short time, you don't have control. When your DLine can't seem to put any pressure, you can only do so much.

*shrugs*..... I just don't think the scheme was the problem considering we were still a top 10 defense with the worst pass rush in the NFL.
                        There are some things he did I didn't understand such as.

Putting up 3 man rushes on an already-proven-inconsistant pass rushing line, with the other DE or DT covering some RB in the flat or something stupid like that...

While we have the fastest LB corp in the NFL, we do stuff like what you see above.

He either goes into the punt-block blitz, or the four man rush, and rarely do I see him mix it up. Good QBs like Manning, especially when they get time to sit in the pocket all day can see how predictable our coverages can be.

Maybe me and him just disagree.

Actually, adjusted pass rushing totals or whatever, WABronco has some statistic on it, we are actually not the worst pass rushers in the league, as far as I know. The lowly Titans are... and they still beat the colts! Maybe we should be looking at thier game film to find out what we should be doing.

I hope that if he is still on the team when we get some more quality talent, that he shows he is capable of utilizing that talent, and not rehasing the same predictable schemes.

All I know is, I've been unimpressed with what he has done so far, and if he still is doing the same thing with more accomplished pass rushers available, I can't see any reason to keep him around.
                        sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

I like Bo, but I'm not for certain of his credentials.....

......the pack...(lb coach)
                          ......the 'fuskers....1season (decent)
                          ......the sooners...1 season (secondary coach-they got burnt)
                          ......the tigers....1 season (good)

He needs a few years to prove his mettle, imo....
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

There are some things he did I didn't understand such as.

Putting up 3 man rushes on an already-proven-inconsistant pass rushing line, with the other DE or DT covering some RB in the flat or something stupid like that...

While we have the fastest LB corp in the NFL, we do stuff like what you see above.

He either goes into the punt-block blitz, or the four man rush, and rarely do I see him mix it up. Good QBs like Manning, especially when they get time to sit in the pocket all day can see how predictable our coverages can be.

Maybe me and him just disagree.

Actually, adjusted pass rushing totals or whatever, WABronco has some statistic on it, we are actually not the worst pass rushers in the league, as far as I know. The lowly Titans are... and they still beat the colts! Maybe we should be looking at thier game film to find out what we should be doing.

I hope that if he is still on the team when we get some more quality talent, that he shows he is capable of utilizing that talent, and not rehasing the same predictable schemes.

All I know is, I've been unimpressed with what he has done so far, and if he still is doing the same thing with more accomplished pass rushers available, I can't see any reason to keep him around.
                            yes.. I'm saying. Its things that we dont' understand. As far as making the statement of beign the worst in the league, that wasn't meant to be a factual statement, just a general one. But there are a lot of things we don't understand, and tahts because we aren't trained and well educated in defensive schemes and how that relays into personel. We don't know what they feel they can do and can't do with the people they have, and the films that they watch.

*shrugs*... I think its easy for us that don't REALLY know whts going on, to use our simplified knowledge and not really understand why they do what they do because it doesn't make sense to us. Yet, when you think about it, its our simply understanding that would very easily make our defense very predictable and easy to udnerstand if we were choosing the defensive calls

Comment

then teams figured out what he tended to do ...and we suddenly were no longer a top ten defense

we can blame the talent or even the offense...we can find an aurgument on each

but when it comes down to our defense holding teams in the first half and haveing absolutly no answer when teams make thier corrections at half...i call that a coaching breakdown

sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                              X