No announcement yet.

Rules to be changed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. the clock should stop after a team makes a first down. When the chains are set, then the clock should start again.

2. Helmet to helmet rule is dumb. That's what the "helmet" is for.

3. celebrations should come back.

Comment

They should change the OT. They should have it where each Kicker has to kick from the 35 yard line. If they both make it then move it back 5 yards and try it from there. The max being 50 yards untill one miss or gets blocked, much like a shootout in hockey and soccer.

I too think that any play where a fumble should be carryed on untill there is possesion of the ball. I also hate the rule where if there is fumble and another offensive player picks it up takes it to the end zone then it's not considered a touchdown, but down where the ball was picked up. Yet the defense is allowed to pick it up and bring it in for touchdown. *** is up with that.

They should change the Rule about a QB's foward progess being stopped. If a defender has the QB wrapped but not going anywhere, then the play is dead and considered a sack. Also, if a player has the QB in his grasp and the whistle is not called, then the defender should have every right to take the QB down. There was too many peanaltys called on Illegal hits on the QB.

Comment

Ok here is my pet peeve that should be changed. It is the goal line. It is so annoying to watch a defense stop a player, and than a little hand comes out and the ball, even though the play is stopped crosses the goal line and a touch down is awarded. Nothing irritates me more. I feel a better system is needed.
        As far as the offensive interference goes, it should be a loss of down and 15 yards, and yes it should be called more consistently.
        Certain QBs are protected way to much.
        I know there are more, but those are the most annoying
        "I don't think it's 'Tebow Time'; I just think it's 'Bronco Time"
        Tim Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
          They should change the OT. They should have it where each Kicker has to kick from the 35 yard line. If they both make it then move it back 5 yards and try it from there. The max being 50 yards untill one miss or gets blocked, much like a shootout in hockey and soccer.
          If they ever change OT, it should be run just like college. Each gets the ball at the opposing 25.
          "I don't think it's 'Tebow Time'; I just think it's 'Bronco Time"
          Tim Tebow

Comment

Make penalties reviewable!

(Cases such as the "phantom block in the back" come to mind.)

sigpic
            They're your teammates, now.
            Best of luck, TT!
            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34
              3. Coach’s should get 2 challenges per game, but if they win a challenge they should not lose a challenge

BIG fan of that idea. Who cares if the game runs 4 hours because the refs need you to keep showing them how to do their job?

(no sarcasm)

:clap:
              sigpic
              Best of luck, TT!

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco4l1fe
                What rules do you think should be changed in this off season?

1. QB rules. I think they are overprotected now it is like you can not touch them these days.
                a. I can understand the below the knees a bit because they can be hurt seriously.
                b. Some of the "blow to the head" are barely touched. I think if it is a blow to the head then that is a different story.
                c. Keep in the grasp out of the rule book let em play on...unless the QB is surely going nowhere with 3 linemen on the QB.

2. Watching some of these games this weekend the clock is still running while the ref is over the ball...and they have to wait for him to get out of the way. If the play is waiting for the refs the clock should stop.

3. Bring back the celebrations as long they are in reason.

4. Get rid of the bye week I hate that...players get paid thousands to millions of dollars for playing 20~25 weeks and you get one off? Come on now!

5. Make the preseason shorter...make it 2 games instead, move the other two weeks into the regular season.

I am sure I missed a few what do you people think??
                I disagree with all of these. The QB rules are fine. The celebration penalties really cleaned up the trash in the endzone. The bye week helps the teams/players some, but of more about getting football on TV 17 weeks a year vs. 16 weeks. I like it.

There was a lot of talk this year about shortening preseason, but it is a bad idea. A lot of rookies would never get a chance to start with only 2 preseason games. The teams need those games in order to evaluate young talent. The regular season is plenty long at 16 games.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I think if an extra point is blocked that it should be allowed to return it for 2 points.
                  sigpic

Comment

What is the point about an illegal lineman downfield. That rule to me seems so useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos72690
                      What is the point about an illegal lineman downfield. That rule to me seems so useless.
                      I have to agree with this. I don't have enough of a football background to understand this. I am sure there is some reason they have that rule, but I haven't a clue. I often wondered that myself.
                      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

1 One rule is since the Giants made the playoffs then they should draft after us not before.

2 Also the Wild Card rule should be changed. KC had us screwed becuse thier Conference record was so bad even though we had the best. Only make division record tie-breaker for Divison champ. The way the schedule is we played the same 14 games as everyone in our division but the tie-breaker is for only 6 games?

3 Overtime each team gets atleast 1 drive and you must go for 2. If both teams score then the next team to scores wins or if time runs out its a tie.

4. Gotta fix roughing the passer and running into the kicker. someone dives and dosent even touch the kicker, but the kicker finds a way to make contact and wins an Oscar on his way down makes me so mad.

5 Throwing flags on people when it has nothing to do with the play

6 tuck rule just plain stupid

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9
                          5 Throwing flags on people when it has nothing to do with the play

I've had the same issue with that rule, too. It can absolutely take the wind out of a team's sails. ...But then I realized a reason not to change it: Say your opponent knows that he's on the other side of the field from the ball, and has no chance in hell at influencing the play's outcome. ...However, he also notes that he is within arms' distance of your team's star athlete. ...BOOM, free shot (without any fear of drawing a flag) ...and a career-ending injury to our hero, to go along with it.

:brick:
                          sigpic
                          Best of luck, TT!

Comment

Originally posted by FireAce
                            If they ever change OT, it should be run just like college. Each gets the ball at the opposing 25.
                            Yeah, that wouldn't be bad either. But the NFL will argue that, that leads to more injurys. That's why you have the kicker win you the game. Gives some respect to the kickers for being able to do their job. I'd like to see the game won field goals during the regular season, and an college type OT during the post season.

Comment

Working...
                            X