Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coyer to be released (originally posted on the Mane by Taco John)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ECBronco
    Thought I should pass it along. I checked with Taco John to make sure it was ok.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=51845

I bet he turns out to be right...at least I hope so.
    Assuming this is true I would like to thank Coyer for the season he's coached with us. Good luck to Coyer in the future.

I can't wait to find out who we sign at d-coordinator.

Glendale bound

Comment

Im hoping for maybe Jim Mora Jr. but I bet he lands a HC gig somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
        And when the Mane gets log jammed...

The cool ones come say hi to us lowtimers.

Oh stop it. Anyone and everyone is welcome on the Mane. It is much less moderated than this place, though, so bring your boxing gloves.
        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

S'TFU! (Hey, Mods. . . it's an inside joke I guess, Kaylore understands!)

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind
            Blame Coyer for a crappy d-line?

lame.....he'll end up somewhere else and do very well.....

people expect Denver's defense to be incredible.....when their foundation (the d-line) is horrible.....

losing Coyer will be a huge mistake IMO.....
            I'm not sure how much say Coyer had in things, but I kind of feel like he was one of the guys backing the browns D-line. I know Patterson had a lot of say in bringing them in but I feel like Coyer kept them around after a lackluster first season.

Then you have his inability to play people in their natural positions. (Reports of Dumervil in camp playing tackle? John Lynch at free safety? Especially when you have an awesome corner who was unfortunately hampered by his size--5'8, a bigger faster safety would be ideal).

Of course whoever said we'll be sorry if Slowik becomes our new coordinator--you're damned right. That guy was a nightmare. He is a good position coach but can't coach a whole D.

We need someone else. Someone really good. No more bargain basement shopping. Someone who can use the immense talent we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore
              Oh stop it. Anyone and everyone is welcome on the Mane. It is much less moderated than this place, though, so bring your boxing gloves.
              The moderators here are horrible, too.

I'm just playing... I like it when you guys stop in... the few that do are real quality members. And I really enjoy the reports from TC... I'm just used to this place, I guess...

/hijack
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                Im hoping for maybe Jim Mora Jr. but I bet he lands a HC gig somewhere.
                :shake: I shudder to think what he'd look like on the Raiders sideline....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream

Thanks, Reid!
                  sigpic
                  Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

LOL, this little 'reputation' comment received seems to indicate I am not very welcome:

You don't like what TJ has to say then leave. Go back to Broncomania and be an idiot there.
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                      The legend of Mock grows.
                      KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

I just ummm............................... Took my pants off.

I don't know, I think I'm high with excitement? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                        sigpic

Comment

I won't be surprised to see him go, but I don't think everything we experienced with our defense was his fault.

Shanny let Patterson convince him to bring the failed D-line from Cleveland, and Coyer was left with trying to make them something they weren't.

As far as Mora coming here, the only thing I don't like about that is he will only be working to get another HC job somewhere.
                          sigpic

Comment

The legend of Mock grows.
                            He's just sick with his arguments. I wonder if Mock ever made it into the NFL, (Forensics) I mean he had to have been involved in LD debate in High School. Just awesome.
                            Last edited by LordTrychon; 01-08-2007, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                              I won't be surprised to see him go, but I don't think everything we experienced with our defense was his fault.

Shanny let Patterson convince him to bring the failed D-line from Cleveland, and Coyer was left with trying to make them something they weren't.

As far as Mora coming here, the only thing I don't like about that is he will only be working to get another HC job somewhere.
                              Good comments. I think you nailed all three points.
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

there could be worse things than having the equivalent of having a DC in his "contract year". . . unfortunately, when you have good assistants and coordinators they end up moving on, it's just an inevitable part of the process-- and very preferable to having mediocre assistants IMO. . . . hell, i'll never understand how we got lucky enough to keep kubes as long as we did. . .
                                Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X