Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coyer to be released (originally posted on the Mane by Taco John)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, just no to Slowik. I'll go nuts if we promote him.

Comment

I've just cleaned up several posts in this thread.

Going over and hanging out at the 'Mane does not allow us to take their view on what's allowed in posting here. (No offense, Kaylore)

Please stay civil here.

Thanks.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

hi guys

im available for defenisve cordinator

ill lead our defense to the top

just tell the broncos to call me and ill accept the offer in a heart beat

Comment

I don't believe it....are we forgetting that this defense is the same one that almost set an NFL record for lowest points scored against going into week 5. We actually improved our sacks and tackles for losses from 2005 ( 28 sacks and 37 TFL) to 2006 (36 sacks and 46 TFL). And once again had a mutliple pro-bowl sencondary.

So lets face the facts....what we actually saw coming from the 2005 season to the 2006 season wasn't the "blitz-krieg" to the "bend but don't break", but actually a worn out defense that never left the field. If you wan't to look at the true enemy of the defense it was the 3rd down conversion ratio. Denver ranked 22nd in the league on 3rd down conversions, at a 31.1% conversion rate. ~RealFootball365

This line didn't do less we just saw them play more. Larry Coyer will be around next season!

Ya Hurd!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
            please god don't mention that. . .

there's a poster here who's mentioned slowik as a potential replacement multiple times, and every time he does all i can think of is "4th and 26". . . . :shake: hardly fair to judge a guy on one play, but i thought he generally sucked there. . .
            I hate to tell you that was actually Ed Donatell who was replaced after that 4th and 26 play with Slowik. Donatell was the DC in ATL until Mora lost his job.

Comment

this is the happiest day of my life! i can't wait to see who we get to replace him. if it's patterson, i'm going to jump off a bridge. patterson needs to go as well, may be the worst defensive line coach in all of football

Comment

A few play calls on D this year were ill advised...but overall I like Coyer and think he did a good job. No D line means no pressure...I want to see any coach do well under those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by mediator12
                  I hate to tell you that was actually Ed Donatell who was replaced after that 4th and 26 play with Slowik. Donatell was the DC in ATL until Mora lost his job.

whoops. . . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

TJs usually right about this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                      He's just sick with his arguments. I wonder if Mock ever made it into the NFL, (Forensics) I mean he had to have been involved in LD debate in High School. Just awesome.
                      Awesome is definatly too strong a word. The best you can go is to describe Mock as oddly interesting.

Comment

i am so happy that he is getting fired...

he makes avergae QB's like alex smith look like Manning..

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
                          There's no link to verify it but a lot of us regulars at the Mane know how valuable of a resource Taco John is and how often they've been right in the past. Especially TJ himself; he's a great guy and they have a lot of connections that post there. This will be really interesting because what this signals to me is that the defense has some problems and whoever the new coordinator might be will get some emphasis and be able to figure out the root problem; the LINE.
                          You are right, Dream. However, Coyer does not do the the drafting and negotiating
                          with FAs, as I understand it. So the onus should not be on him to acquire good pass
                          rushers. Moreover, if the line is not shored up, we will be calling for the head of the
                          next DC, too.

-----

Comment

I know that the defensive coordinator doesn't get to draft the players; but I have a hard time believing he doesn't have some input. If we get a new defensive coordinator (hopefully from the college ranks) he should be able to recognize that we just don't have what it takes on the front four. They get to see the prospects up close and personal; they've coached them, etc. It'd be a nice change. Pelini is my top guy right now; he's done well at LSU and has had a history of producing some solid prospects there. Especially one junior whose eligible to come out this year in Glenn Dorsey. Getting a guy who sees players like him, coaches them and knows what's what; and EMPHASIZES a strong defensive unit on the line would be absolutely terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              You are right, Dream. However, Coyer does not do the the drafting and negotiating
                              with FAs, as I understand it. So the onus should not be on him to acquire good pass
                              rushers. Moreover, if the line is not shored up, we will be calling for the head of the
                              next DC, too.

-----

a good defensive coach would demend some good players.....and not just settle

if he is expected to call a defense, then he has some clout on who gets signed ,,,wasnt it patterson begging to coyer for warren, Brown and the boys, who in turn, asked shanny to sign them?...im pretty sure thats how it went on a few

but to think the denseive coach has absolutly no say in free agency or draft is crazy................sqeaky wheel gets the grease
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                                next DC, too.

-----
                                Geez, Dream is right. I hope Coyer had some input. If not, all the more reason to get rid of him. I'd like to bring in a guy that can contribute to the defense in respect to the draft, free agency, etc.
                                R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Working...
                                X