Can someone learn me something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone learn me something?

Here is something I can’t understand. Every year we (Broncos) say man if we could only get a pass rush and then we let go of our top pass rusher! Every year we are loaded at LB but weak at DL! We say we need better defensive lineman because we can’t make a living blitzing. And then we ask well how come Pittsburgh can blitz and make it work and they say well it easier to blitz from a 3-4 then a 4-3. Is it time to get rid of Coyer and admit that it is easier to make a 3-4 work than a 4-3? Another thing that I read somewhere while we were getting spanked by the Colts, Patriots would stop them and they would say oh it’s because it is easier to defend Payton with a 3-4. I don’t understand why we are so set on using a 4-3 if we don’t want to pay top dollar for DE’s ! I seem to recall Broncos using a 3-4 before, was the Orange Crush a 3-4 or 4-3? Anyways I hope we replace Coyer or change scheme. We should bring in someone with 3-4 experience like Pittsburgh or New England, Capers anyone?

Go Broncos!! We've won one with 07 now we will one in 07!!!
    Last edited by SouthernBronco; 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM.

We had a 3-4 in the early 90's with wade phillips
    We need nasty

Comment

Originally posted by SBAlki
      We had a 3-4 in the early 90's with wade phillips
      Loved the Wade Defense!!! Especially when Atwater and Smith would move up like they were going to Attack!!!!!

Comment

going to the 3-4 would mean a almost complete overhaul...our current Olb are not pass rush specialtists...so you would have chuk back as lb....also lang hated the 3-4 as did warren and do not want to play i t

it would be far easier to get a real good DT and another good DE and keep our 4-3
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I'm going to make this short and sweet. The Cleveland Browns lineman, along with John Engleberger were shipped from their respective teams because they did not want to play in the 3-4 defense; or were not suited for the 3-4 defense. A snowball's chance in Hell at having a 3-4 defense come training camp. Not going to happen, never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho

it would be far easier to get a real good DT and another good DE and keep our 4-3
            I guess your right it just that they have been saying this for years. And every year in draft you see great pass rushers that are tweeners LB/DE good for 3-4 and not 4-3. Sure I'd love to see a Defense that did not have to blitz to apply pressure but at the end of the season and at the end of the games there we are without a consistent pass rush.

Comment

You cant just go from a 4-3 to a 3-4.
              Now if you want to spend the next 4 years rebuilding our team and replacing all of our linemen and linebackers with onces that are 3-4 worthy then ok, but Im pretty sure that isnt necessary. Many great defenses are 4-3. Look at the Ravens and the Bears.

Also, many other people have made alot of great topics explaining why it would be difficult to go to a 3-4 and why it would be a bad idea. Might wanna search for some of them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco
                I guess your right it just that they have been saying this for years. And every year in draft you see great pass rushers that are tweeners LB/DE good for 3-4 and not 4-3. Sure I'd love to see a Defense that did not have to blitz to apply pressure but at the end of the season and at the end of the games there we are without a consistent pass rush.

thats why we need a big DT to compliment warren

Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville 6-1 320...ranked third in DT in th draft...but with his size he would fit in perfectly with warren to put pressure on the middle
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

We don't need a 3-4 defense we just need to have more complicated defense, such as every now and then apply some pressure by taking advantage of our speed at linebacker. I'm not making six figures but I can decipher our defense after 1 quarter and it didn't change the whole season. Football is all about adjustments and we didn't have enough on either side of the ball to pull to compete.
                  "I'm about to school you cats you can call me August"

Comment

The 4-3 pretty much takes away the long attack, what you rarely see is the strong run D like the Broncos had this season. Broncos were ranked up their with San Diego and Balt for tackles for losses. The 4-3 is how Champ and De Dub combined for 14 int this season, which everyone loves. In addition because everyone is building a 3-4, 4-3 linemen are pretty cheap these days.

Again this is the same defense that almost set a league record for points allowed going into week 4. But for the 4-3 to really be effective what needs to happen is an offense that keeps the DB fresh. Our line didn't get as much pressure on the QB as some would like but thats the price you pay with the 4-3, what needs to be looked at is how productive Gold and Wilson were above the last two seasons in tackles, Al Wilson is up 30 tackles then the season prior.

If you want to see a more effective defense then we need a more productive offense, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComeBackKid
                      The 4-3 pretty much takes away the long attack, what you rarely see is the strong run D like the Broncos had this season. Broncos were ranked up their with San Diego and Balt for tackles for losses. The 4-3 is how Champ and De Dub combined for 14 int this season, which everyone loves. In addition because everyone is building a 3-4, 4-3 linemen are pretty cheap these days.

Again this is the same defense that almost set a league record for points allowed going into week 4. But for the 4-3 to really be effective what needs to happen is an offense that keeps the DB fresh. Our line didn't get as much pressure on the QB as some would like but thats the price you pay with the 4-3, what needs to be looked at is how productive Gold and Wilson were above the last two seasons in tackles, Al Wilson is up 30 tackles then the season prior.

If you want to see a more effective defense then we need a more productive offense, plain and simple.
                      We need stud RB, strong safeties, quick returners and size upfront!!

Comment

Is it time to get rid of Coyer ?

Go Broncos!! We've won one with 07 now we will one in 07!!!
                        The answer is yes, officially. Interesting to see who we get hopefully someone who can make adjustments at half time and as the game goes along. Any good Def. coordinators out there? Ed Donatell, maybe.

Comment

Working...
                        X