Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Chaz
    replied
    I think D-Line but I think both positions are good depth wise. Pierce or Sykes will play fine at Sam, Pierce is going to drop his weight and he isn't THAT slow, he's a second rounder and a good football player he just needs some playing time. I loved Sykes' play last year too, great effort. I think Luther Elliss was a great addition, he was just surrounded by nothing in Detroit, so I expect him to make a very good impact. We have a wealth of young guys and I loved the rotating scheme we had in place last year, always putting in fresh guys. Hopefully Holland and Fatafehi bring the same passion and motor as they did last year, and Pope and Davis also add some good depth. Eason I'm not sure about, isn't doing great in NFLE. But as far as opposite Trevor at end, I think regardless of age that Marco Coleman and Raylee Johnson will be valuable contributors, and I think Reggie Hayward is really ready to step in and shine. Look at what he did last year only playing like 40% of the time, was second on the team in sacks with 9.5 (i think). I think with Denver being in the second year of this rotating scheme it will have a bigger impact, but I agree we don't have any huge, big name guys in the middle. But I do like the hardworkers and young talent that we have.

Leave a comment:

• Dub-DeuceKnight
    replied
    I think last year our D-line did good, we really turned nothing (except for pryce) into something and we have a lot of untested talent on our roster that could make an impact. I agree with MYoung I still think we should have drafted a DT in 2b Starks and Dockett are really good D-linemen there were a little overshadowed by the amount of Talent at DL in the draft this year. We had a lot of DT's fall to us in the draft and we passed up on them.
    Brandon Kennedy might be good and the other UDFA DL we drafted

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by vicious2500
    Yeah Davis and the rest of the rookies that got slapped on IR need to step up and get some PT, also lookout for all those rookie WR's we had last season they'll be contributing to the team soon as well.
    I would really like to see Davis pan out this year. The kid is full of talent and last year Pryce was talking about how great this kid is going to be. In fact we tried him a little bit at DE where Pryce said this kid will excel.

I am concerned that if Reggie has a good year we won't be able to afford him and he will sign a long term contract elsewhere.......

As far as the rookies last year. Eason can't even get on the field much in NFL Europe. I don't think he will be contributing any time soon. When you can't get on the field in NFL Europe not much chance you will see time in the real NFL. We will probably only keep McNeal or Mitchell and Mitchell is playing well in Europe. He could develop into a situational pass rusher.

I think Davis, Pope, and Fata have the best long term potential (from our young guys). I think we need to hope the wiley old vets we signed have a good year.

Leave a comment:

• bronco jock
    replied
    dorsett

davis could provide a big body in the middle but is he the kind of player that is capable of going a whole year in the trenches? the key is how good ellis will be and we can shift a number of guys in to a rotation.

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Originally posted by Road_Apples
    Let's see what Dorsett Davis has to offer this year. His weight seems to be down but still over 300, and is pretty imposing at 6'5". He's a 3rd rounder so it's about time he started standing out from the crowd.
    Yeah Davis and the rest of the rookies that got slapped on IR need to step up and get some PT, also lookout for all those rookie WR's we had last season they'll be contributing to the team soon as well.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by ndplaya05
    I would have to say that the Dline is the most important area of need on our team.

That's partly why I was so upset that we failed in signing Darrell Campbell to that FA contract.

With no other formidible force in the middle or on the other end, Pryce gets double teamed and taken out of the game. Berry did a good job of rushing the QB last year, but he offered little run support. Last year, it was like we either got after the QB or stuffed the run... never the two together.

Until we get people up there that can provide a significant push down after down, there will be a lot of heat on the secondary.

Thank god for Champ, now...
    Agreed. I really don't think the signing of an undrafted FA (Campbell) would have made a difference. Those guys generally don't make the roster and when they do they are usually long term projects. I think the big mistake was passing on a DL with our 2b pick and selecting Watts. Watts probably would have been there with our next pick and we could have had Starks or Dockett. Either of those guys would have been in our rotation next year. I don't think starters but certainly could have contributed.

We will see after the cuts. Hopefully we get some good news...

Leave a comment:

• Road_Apples
    replied
    Let's see what Dorsett Davis has to offer this year. His weight seems to be down but still over 300, and is pretty imposing at 6'5". He's a 3rd rounder so it's about time he started standing out from the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    I would like the Broncos to add a stud run stopping DT to the D-line. I thinnk we'll need it if we have to face Priest, Tomlinson and which-ever-RB-that-Norv-always-seems-to-produce twice a year.
    Excatly, I want a pass rusher, we have our LBs set I think, although we have good DL anyway.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    I would like the Broncos to add a stud run stopping DT to the D-line. I thinnk we'll need it if we have to face Priest, Tomlinson and which-ever-RB-that-Norv-always-seems-to-produce twice a year.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Re: the biggest need position - DL or LB?

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i think these 2 hold the biggest question marks.

i wanted a dt in the draft but we had more important needs to address. i like our line but really feel that we need a solid, young DT to go with luther elliss.

gold is gone, mobley has probably gone too. i like wilson as mlb and williams as wlb. we also have good depth here but would we start spraghan, sykes or pierce here as the slb??? maybe there is a guy on the roster/practice squad who can compete as well??

so what area needs to be addressed more??? DT or SLB.
    DL

Leave a comment:

• ndplaya05
    replied
    I would have to say that the Dline is the most important area of need on our team.

That's partly why I was so upset that we failed in signing Darrell Campbell to that FA contract.

With no other formidible force in the middle or on the other end, Pryce gets double teamed and taken out of the game. Berry did a good job of rushing the QB last year, but he offered little run support. Last year, it was like we either got after the QB or stuffed the run... never the two together.

Until we get people up there that can provide a significant push down after down, there will be a lot of heat on the secondary.

Thank god for Champ, now...

Leave a comment:

• UltimateSoldier
    replied
    I wouldn'y wory to much about those postions because there are still the June 1st cuts were we could get people to fill spots with cheap vets.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    started a topic the biggest need position - DL or LB?

the biggest need position - DL or LB?

i think these 2 hold the biggest question marks.

i wanted a dt in the draft but we had more important needs to address. i like our line but really feel that we need a solid, young DT to go with luther elliss.

gold is gone, mobley has probably gone too. i like wilson as mlb and williams as wlb. we also have good depth here but would we start spraghan, sykes or pierce here as the slb??? maybe there is a guy on the roster/practice squad who can compete as well??

so what area needs to be addressed more??? DT or SLB.
Working...
X