gold going is GR8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gold going is GR8

this offseason has been about building heart, character and leadership, bringing in guys who have it and can teach it too the young guns coming through.

we don't need this ego/contract ****

portis (and his ego) have gone and we got a great deal.

winslow (and poston) are not in denver - brilliant!!!

gold was becoming a problem and tried holding us to ransom (him and that poston ***** has gone)

this was 3 gr8 moves for the broncos.

Re: gold going is GR8

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    this offseason has been about building heart, character and leadership, bringing in guys who have it and can teach it too the young guns coming through.

gold was becoming a problem and tried holding us to ransom (him and that poston ***** has gone)

I agree, this year has been about adding and keeping TEAM guys. Guys who piss in the pool just bring everybody down. Makes matters worse.

Comment

I agree.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm sure Gold is laughing at denver all the way to the bank......
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
          he got money but now his career dies with the bucs. denver should be happy too.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak

yes, but we'll see who has the last laugh come week 17.

Comment

I'll miss gold, hopefully he does well in tampa, my brother will be pleased. We got lynch they get gold and he finally got his big ass payday hope hes happy in tampa. You know one of my cousin's looks like ian gold.
              sigpic
              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
                yes, but we'll see who has the last laugh come week 17.
                Hopefully us.
                sigpic

Comment

that was the idea, yes.

Comment

I have no hard feelings for Gold... The Bucs want to shell out that much for him they can have him. We have a good group out there who showed they could play well without him last year. He gets his money, we get a chance to put a player out there who isn't holding the team for ransom.
                    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I cant believe he suckered someone into giving him the money he wanted. Part of me was hoping he'd sign back with us cheap to have a lineup at LB of Williams, Wilson, and Gold. We'll be better off without him though, he was all about the money, must be the money!!
                      #56 the Terminator on the turf!!

Comment

gold leaving will be good ... IF williams can adjust to the NFL quickly .... i just think we were missing gold's speed and experience late last season .... hopefully DJ will fill that void

Comment

i dont know if it was a great move, but at least he went to the nfc, cause i would not want to play against him.
                          Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really couldn't blame him and Potis for wanting to get paid. I mean football is his job. If I could upgrade my salary that much to switch firms then I would do it. I doubt he was totally happy to leave all his teamates. Its just a job and I don't really blame him. I never heard anything about him being a problem for the team during the season which would have caused problems with the chemistry of the D and hurt the team alot. The only problem I had with Portis is that he wanted to hold out of training camp and all that. I mean I could be wrong maybe I didn't hear everything but Gold was a solid teamate during the season and left to get paid. Thats not to say I'm a fan of his agents or his turning down a good offer from the Broncos.
                            My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

He was a Free Agent. He is supposed to get paid. Personally I think he was asking too much. But I am wrong because someone paid it. He was only worth what some team will write the check for. The bucs did the Broncs didn't Neither right nor wrong. Just different evaluations of worth. But does that mean he is a bad person for wanting to get paid as much money as he could? I don't think so. This is totally different than portis-Gold played out his contract. Portis didn't-he played good so he thought he should get a new one. Well was he going to give back the million signing bonus if he was a bust? Than why should he get a new contract before the old one is over?
                              http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X