Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

    I've read things about him being somewhat "uninstinctive" as a linebacker due to the fact he's only played the position for two years, but how much do you think this will be an issue? From a positive point of view: if he did as well at Miami having only played OLB for two years, he must be VERY naturally talented and able to pick things quick. From a negative standpoint: Simple, the guy is a bust. Never develops into this monster LB we're dreaming of.
    Admittedly I'm biased just because of the fact that I'm a denver fan, but are there any 'Cane fans or others that saw him play a lot? How "un-instinctive" are we talking here? I think from a raw physical standpoint alone he has the tools to start over any of our other LB's (except big A). And I am assuming here that John won't be back simply because that is a very serious injury and he is still not cleared to play. BUT, I believe Sykes has him beat as far as finished product goes, he stepped in wonderfully last season. Any way you spin it I say start the kid over Spragan and (probably) Pierce.

  • #2
    He probably will, but the truth will be seen in pre season and training camp. I think under the guidance of our veteran backers (JM and AW) he has the potential to develop into a monster. Hes physically awsome and should be able to produce Ray Lewis like numbers. (or at least I hope). .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tahuya man
      I think the truth will come out during the regular season, not training camp and games which don't count.

      Ray Lewis? You might want to re-think that one, no offense.
      In homerland, anything is possible . . .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tahuya man
        I think the truth will come out during the regular season, not training camp and games which don't count.

        Ray Lewis? You might want to re-think that one, no offense.

        I meant the truth of whether or not he'll be starting over Pierce or Spragan.


        The ray lewis thing was a joke. Like I said, Ray is a secret government project. Hes a terminator type machine, and hes being tested by the govt. in the nfl, because of the grueling conditions.

        Comment


        • #5
          DJ should be fine...Coyer has a new toy to play with and I bet that he comes in an makes a name for himself real quick...

          Welcome DJ...

          Comment


          • #6
            well I guess we could settle with Derrick Brooks-like skills....

            haha though you're right about Ray... watching a sports century on him they said something about how before games Ray reaches deep down into a very dark place in his soul and finds his demons and plays with them.. I always thought that summed it up pretty well
            My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ARBroncos
              well I guess we could settle with Derrick Brooks-like skills....

              haha though you're right about Ray... watching a sports century on him they said something about how before games Ray reaches deep down into a very dark place in his soul and finds his demons and plays with them.. I always thought that summed it up pretty well
              He is bigger stronger and as fast as Brooks. What is more impressive is that his quickness stats are better than his 40 and 100 times. This kid outperformed many of the WR and DBs in the short shuttle and the 10. He has raw skill. I think he will be at least as good as Mobley has been for us and probably better....

              Comment


              • #8
                I definatly can see this kid being shaped into a monster. Hes surrouned by huge amounts of talent, so its really up to him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think DJ Williams will more than live up to the hype. He's intelligent for a LB, plays smart and he's FAST! I'd say his biggest problem is tackling but that will be fixed by the start of the season. Good find you guys made w/ Genos Williams.

                  Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
                  The Falcons Flock Message Board

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by daredevil25
                    I think DJ Williams will more than live up to the hype. He's intelligent for a LB, plays smart and he's FAST! I'd say his biggest problem is tackling but that will be fixed by the start of the season. Good find you guys made w/ Genos Williams.
                    Hmm Lelie Jersey or Williams Jersey? Might go lelie, air lelie, the future of the broncos deep assault. Oh back on subject I say we just blitz him off the edge like a madd man, we did gold the same way and look how great he turned out to be. Worth 30 mil of a torn ACL now that's stock value
                    sigpic
                    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

                      Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
                      I've read things about him being somewhat "uninstinctive" as a linebacker due to the fact he's only played the position for two years, but how much do you think this will be an issue? From a positive point of view: if he did as well at Miami having only played OLB for two years, he must be VERY naturally talented and able to pick things quick. From a negative standpoint: Simple, the guy is a bust. Never develops into this monster LB we're dreaming of.
                      Admittedly I'm biased just because of the fact that I'm a denver fan, but are there any 'Cane fans or others that saw him play a lot? How "un-instinctive" are we talking here? I think from a raw physical standpoint alone he has the tools to start over any of our other LB's (except big A). And I am assuming here that John won't be back simply because that is a very serious injury and he is still not cleared to play. BUT, I believe Sykes has him beat as far as finished product goes, he stepped in wonderfully last season. Any way you spin it I say start the kid over Spragan and (probably) Pierce.
                      My understanding was that he was a LB going into college and was asked to play FB as Miami were [email protected], but they felt his athleticism (sp) was such that they had to get him onto the field somehow.
                      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

                      Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                      You'll Never Walk Alone




                      Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

                      You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

                      Maybe Slowick should pay attention

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey if the Broncos thought of drafting him this high he must be worth it. We've always had drafted good LB's. Don't know how good he can be but I hope he can just be good enough for our Defense this year and see how he does down the road. I think him playing FB helped him at Miami, if he starts I wouldn't be surprise if he gets a lot of interceptions. I'm sure play FB helped him develop his hands more on catching the ball. Hope he can compete for Defensive Rookie Of The Year. Wouldn't that be something if he and Tatum Bell won Rookie Of The Year for each side of the ball?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vicious2500
                          Hmm Lelie Jersey or Williams Jersey? Might go lelie, air lelie, the future of the broncos deep assault. Oh back on subject I say we just blitz him off the edge like a madd man, we did gold the same way and look how great he turned out to be. Worth 30 mil of a torn ACL now that's stock value
                          Two things to ponder. First, Gold did not always play linebacker either, he was runningback in high school. Second, I would much rather DJ develop into a complete linebacker who has the skills necessary to cover TE's and RBs.
                          John 11: 25-27

                          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                          Thanks Snk16

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

                            Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
                            I've read things about him being somewhat "uninstinctive" as a linebacker due to the fact he's only played the position for two years, but how much do you think this will be an issue? From a positive point of view: if he did as well at Miami having only played OLB for two years, he must be VERY naturally talented and able to pick things quick. From a negative standpoint: Simple, the guy is a bust. Never develops into this monster LB we're dreaming of.
                            Admittedly I'm biased just because of the fact that I'm a denver fan, but are there any 'Cane fans or others that saw him play a lot? How "un-instinctive" are we talking here? I think from a raw physical standpoint alone he has the tools to start over any of our other LB's (except big A). And I am assuming here that John won't be back simply because that is a very serious injury and he is still not cleared to play. BUT, I believe Sykes has him beat as far as finished product goes, he stepped in wonderfully last season. Any way you spin it I say start the kid over Spragan and (probably) Pierce.


                            I think he'll be fine. Our defensive cordinator just happens to be pretty good at coaching Linebackers. Coyer will get him up to speed in no time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Having Coyer as his coach should quite a bit.
                              John 11: 25-27

                              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                              Thanks Snk16

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X