Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    I think DJ will be great simply because of the leadership the defense now has with Wilson Mobley? Lynch Bailey and Pryce. Larry Coyer in my opinion is the best D coordinator the broncs have ever had. DJ will be awesome because the Defense is full of playmakers that will take pressure off him.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    He went from LB-to FB- back to LB

My understanding was that he was a LB going into college and was asked to play FB as Miami were [email protected], but they felt his athleticism (sp) was such that they had to get him onto the field somehow.

THIS is accurate. HE was recruited by the 'canes as a LB coming out of HS.... he was moved to FB, because they already had an entrenched LB, and they wanted to use his athletic ability. He moved to FB to help the team, and then moved BACK to OLB. I think his speed, and foot quickness is making a monster OLB. He will DEFINALTLY start of Spragen and Spears. This guy is a stud.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Chaz
    replied
    he's the biggest linebacker we've had in a couple of years isn't he? He's like 250-255 range, and he runs in the mid 4.5's (that's like a safety, he's a freak). I believe Coyer can do great things with him, I was just seeing what all of you guys thought. As someone before stated, I think he'll be a demon of a pass rusher, and he has a big enough frame to add another 10-15 lbs healthily and keep his speed.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by duaneok66
    In homerland, anything is possible . . .
    In moron land.....nothing is possible......

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by bustemindamouth
    Yes, DJ will be a freak! We also have a very LB friendly system.

I also love his no-nonsense serious attitude.
    Coyer's entire approach to the defense is plus for every position.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by bustemindamouth

He's not serious all the time just looks very itimidating.

Leave a comment:

• bustemindamouth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Joe
    He probably will, but the truth will be seen in pre season and training camp. I think under the guidance of our veteran backers (JM and AW) he has the potential to develop into a monster. Hes physically awsome and should be able to produce Ray Lewis like numbers. (or at least I hope). .
    So true, he can learn so much from Al and John, especially John, cuz he plays outside LB.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Having Coyer as his coach should quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Re: Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
    I've read things about him being somewhat "uninstinctive" as a linebacker due to the fact he's only played the position for two years, but how much do you think this will be an issue? From a positive point of view: if he did as well at Miami having only played OLB for two years, he must be VERY naturally talented and able to pick things quick. From a negative standpoint: Simple, the guy is a bust. Never develops into this monster LB we're dreaming of.
    Admittedly I'm biased just because of the fact that I'm a denver fan, but are there any 'Cane fans or others that saw him play a lot? How "un-instinctive" are we talking here? I think from a raw physical standpoint alone he has the tools to start over any of our other LB's (except big A). And I am assuming here that John won't be back simply because that is a very serious injury and he is still not cleared to play. BUT, I believe Sykes has him beat as far as finished product goes, he stepped in wonderfully last season. Any way you spin it I say start the kid over Spragan and (probably) Pierce.

I think he'll be fine. Our defensive cordinator just happens to be pretty good at coaching Linebackers. Coyer will get him up to speed in no time.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by vicious2500
    Hmm Lelie Jersey or Williams Jersey? Might go lelie, air lelie, the future of the broncos deep assault. Oh back on subject I say we just blitz him off the edge like a madd man, we did gold the same way and look how great he turned out to be. Worth 30 mil of a torn ACL now that's stock value
    Two things to ponder. First, Gold did not always play linebacker either, he was runningback in high school. Second, I would much rather DJ develop into a complete linebacker who has the skills necessary to cover TE's and RBs.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos28
    replied
    Hey if the Broncos thought of drafting him this high he must be worth it. We've always had drafted good LB's. Don't know how good he can be but I hope he can just be good enough for our Defense this year and see how he does down the road. I think him playing FB helped him at Miami, if he starts I wouldn't be surprise if he gets a lot of interceptions. I'm sure play FB helped him develop his hands more on catching the ball. Hope he can compete for Defensive Rookie Of The Year. Wouldn't that be something if he and Tatum Bell won Rookie Of The Year for each side of the ball?

Leave a comment:

• Den21-Bal19
    replied
    Re: Will D.J. be able to live up to the hype?

Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
    I've read things about him being somewhat "uninstinctive" as a linebacker due to the fact he's only played the position for two years, but how much do you think this will be an issue? From a positive point of view: if he did as well at Miami having only played OLB for two years, he must be VERY naturally talented and able to pick things quick. From a negative standpoint: Simple, the guy is a bust. Never develops into this monster LB we're dreaming of.
    Admittedly I'm biased just because of the fact that I'm a denver fan, but are there any 'Cane fans or others that saw him play a lot? How "un-instinctive" are we talking here? I think from a raw physical standpoint alone he has the tools to start over any of our other LB's (except big A). And I am assuming here that John won't be back simply because that is a very serious injury and he is still not cleared to play. BUT, I believe Sykes has him beat as far as finished product goes, he stepped in wonderfully last season. Any way you spin it I say start the kid over Spragan and (probably) Pierce.
    My understanding was that he was a LB going into college and was asked to play FB as Miami were [email protected], but they felt his athleticism (sp) was such that they had to get him onto the field somehow.

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Originally posted by daredevil25
    I think DJ Williams will more than live up to the hype. He's intelligent for a LB, plays smart and he's FAST! I'd say his biggest problem is tackling but that will be fixed by the start of the season. Good find you guys made w/ Genos Williams.
    Hmm Lelie Jersey or Williams Jersey? Might go lelie, air lelie, the future of the broncos deep assault. Oh back on subject I say we just blitz him off the edge like a madd man, we did gold the same way and look how great he turned out to be. Worth 30 mil of a torn ACL now that's stock value

Leave a comment:

• daredevil25
    replied
    I think DJ Williams will more than live up to the hype. He's intelligent for a LB, plays smart and he's FAST! I'd say his biggest problem is tackling but that will be fixed by the start of the season. Good find you guys made w/ Genos Williams.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X