Gold vs DJ Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold vs DJ Williams

I've heard a lot of second guessing about our decision to not re-sign Gold. Here is my take. DJ Williams is going to be an instant contributor, and an eventual perennial all pro. There is no doubt in my mind that had Gold not torn his ACL he would still be a bronco. I will take a young, hungry, relentless guy like DJ Williams over spending major money on a guy who hasn't even proved he can come back from one of the most serious injuries a football player can have. We all thought TD would be back to full form, and look what happened to him. DJ Williams has Ray Lewis/Al Wilson passion for the game. An excellent pick. Bronco's D, dominating in 04!

i agree mostly with you but i don't think dj williams is in the same sentence as al wilson or ray lewis. but he is healthy young and athletic. and gold was not healthy. i also agree the knee is y gold is not back.
    Champ Baily

Comment

second guessing our decision not to resign gold? was it even possible to resign him for what he wanted?
      sigpic
      go broncos
      share the sidewalk
      liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

Originally posted by champbaily
        i agree mostly with you but i don't think dj williams is in the same sentence as al wilson or ray lewis. but he is healthy young and athletic. and gold was not healthy. i also agree the knee is y gold is not back.
        Yup.
        sigpic

Comment

williams has POTENTIAL to be really good.

al wilson is the heart of the denver D.

ray lewis is the best lb in history, maybe the best player in history although its always hard to judge other positions.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
            williams has POTENTIAL to be really good.

al wilson is the heart of the denver D.

ray lewis is the best lb in history, maybe the best player in history although its always hard to judge other positions.
            HELL YEAH, I think Al is the heart of this D, and Williams may become the soul.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
              HELL YEAH, I think Al is the heart of this D, and Williams may become the soul.
              LOL, well put!

Comment

We'll see soon enough...

I loved Ian Gold though...The guy was a gamer and he was SO fast from sideline to sideline...He literally glided back and forth.
                Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

IMO DJ Williams will fill in nicely in place of Gold.....also dont 4get every LB shanny drafts that has started as turned out to be an all pro granted gold was an all pro on ST's but he still was pro bowler...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStud102
                    We'll see soon enough...

I loved Ian Gold though...The guy was a gamer and he was SO fast from sideline to sideline...He literally glided back and forth.
                    Yup, but hopefully Williams can do that GO DJ!
                    sigpic

Comment

There's a huge difference between all-pro and pro-bowl.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

There's a huge difference between all-pro and pro-bowl.
                        heheh yep just ask Deltha O'neil.
                        Originally posted by PowderAddict
                        I think the funny thing is that he's had his jerseys burned in TWO different cities
                        However, in the gamble that is the NFL draft, we'll roll the dice on the proven and unmatched passing talent of Tebow rather than on the sorry track record of pro football talent evaluators.
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html

Sign your CPs, I will return the favor!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Hock
                          heheh yep just ask Deltha O'neil.
                          LOL!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, we cant compare anyone ever to Ray Lewis, because like I said, hes not a real man, hes a machine the government created for war. And hes being tested. Big secret, dont tell anybody I told ya guys. But I like ya, so its all good.

Comment

Gold was a good, quick player. But the sad truth is, he wasn't healthy. He wanted more than he was worth at the time. If he's unhappy, then he can pack his things and move on.

Al Wilson is a great player to center the defense around...but...

What about John Mobley? He has been forgotten, or so it would seem...

With Wilson leading, Mobley following along and holding his own and Williams learning from two great LBs, this group should be one of the best in the league in the next two years.

That is, if Mobley is healthy this season...

Comment

Working...
                              X