The Snake Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Return of Lava
    As far as this goes, I dont look at the whole NFL through orange glasses. There are a few teams that scare me, but the chiefs are definitely not one of them. If the chiefs went up against the titans, colts, panthers, broncos, then wouldnt play well. Chiefs are in the better half, but definitely not as good as their 9-1 record. Just like we were not as bad as our 5-4 record before SD. If you wanna try to be friends with horsey fine, i just wanted to point that out though.
    Dude, this has nothing to do with trying "to be friends with horsey." The Chiefs are a very good team this season. The Broncos are better than their current record. You don't have to bash to the Chiefs just to build up the Broncos. This is about respecting your worthy opponents.

I really can't believe you aren't "scared" of the Chiefs and Packers games. (Scared in a football sense where you think your team could struggle) Even if the Broncos somehow managed to cakewalk through those games, there is plenty of reason to assume they won't before the games occur.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
      no...you're one of the biggest homers here. You live in an orange colored bubble. If the Chiefs don't scare you...I wonder why most teams in the NFL fear them. I'm sure that playing the Broncos in Denver will be a test for the Chiefs...you have problems if you can't recognize it both ways. The Chiefs are a top tier football team in most everyone's book but yours...including most intelligent Bronco fans here. I, as a Chiefs fan, can recognize that the Broncos are a good team.
      Let me show you how confused you are. In your last sentence, what does it say? "I, as a chiefs fan, can recognize that the broncos are a good team" OK, if you can find a post ANYWHERE where i say the chiefs are not a good team, ill give you the props. If not, what does it say about you? That you cant see the fact that i give the chiefs credit cause they ARE a good team. I said numerous times that they werent "that good" in reference to their perfect record. Trust me, I see both sides. If the Chiefs come in Denver and play even an equal game, ill give you credit for it cause i dont believe they can be equal to us in Denver. You can take that however you want (you and javalon) but we will see who knows most after dec. 7.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        Dude, this has nothing to do with trying "to be friends with horsey." The Chiefs are a very good team this season. The Broncos are better than their current record. You don't have to bash to the Chiefs just to build up the Broncos. This is about respecting your worthy opponents.

I really can't believe you aren't "scared" of the Chiefs and Packers games. (Scared in a football sense where you think your team could struggle) Even if the Broncos somehow managed to cakewalk through those games, there is plenty of reason to assume they won't before the games occur.
        Im not bashing the chiefs, i never said they suck like some other fans. I, however, dont think the can be equal to us when we play in denver. I expected the resutls of the first game as far as yards and first downs. in a sense that we would lead in those categories.
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

If the Chiefs don't scare you...I wonder why most teams in the NFL fear them.
          WHAT!!! If the NFL teams were scared by them, would it really have been a puny WR from the BENGALS to say he guarentees a victory? Not only that, they went out and did it! That really shows fear horsey.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

go broncos

listen, with everything said I just hope we are able to pull off each win one at a time starting with chicago. I like our chances no matter where we play or who we play and I hope our defense and offense feed off eachother for some awesome wins!!!! I hope we go in to each game not fearing, but believing we can win. If we do that then I think we win!!!!
            #1 bronco fan

Comment

making a prediction will never show anyone that you "know most". I, personally, wouldn't be surprised if KC does lose at Invesco. It is very tough to beat good teams on the road...and that game will most likely not affect KC's season in the least. The Broncos know that they need that game because they have two very tough road games that they could easily lose after that. A 9-7 record could get the final wild card spot...but either the way...the Broncos NEED that game more. I know the Chiefs CAN win...but I wouldn't be heartbroken or surprised if they didn't.
              WTF you just gave me a paragraph why the linesmakers and bookees were so good cause they "predict" the outcome and how scary it was!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

There is alot of power on both sides of the ball we just need to make it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                #1 bronco fan

Comment

of course you did...you say it every week. Did you expect to lose that game...NO. And that's my point. You obviously think the Broncos are the best team in the NFL...it's blatantly obvious. But it's also very obvious that you're trying to hype up the Broncos by tearing down the Chiefs. It's fine that you are a huge Bronco fan...and a huge homer...many fans are. But to say you're not afraid of a team with a 9-1 record is simply moronic.
                  So....does that make Chad Johnson....a moron?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Chad Johnson is one of the NFL's best receivers this year...I wouldn't go so far as to call him puny. And the guarantee was an attempt to get his team fired up and back up his claim...he has already admitted as much. If you don't think other teams get worried when the Chiefs are the next team on their schedule, you just keep getting more and more idiotic.
                    Ok, it looks like you are the homer arond here saying the chiefs scare everybody. It doesnt matter what reason Chad Johnson had to guarantee his victory. He wasnt scared and he plays for the bengals. They are plenty of teams better than them (you can save that "bengals had won 4 straight and arent the bengals you played in week 1" comment from your next post) that shouldnt be scared either.......including the Broncos.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

no...Chad Johnson has a big mouth...and he should be glad his teammates backed him up. But it wasn't that he wan't afraid of KC...he was trying to fire up his teammates for the biggest game of their season thus far...there is a difference. And many people in the NFL did say Chad Johnson was absolutely a moron for making that claim...like I said...he was very lucky that his teammates bailed him out...I think that anyone that makes a guarantee in the NFL is making a "moronic" move. Look at Simeon Rice...he looked pretty damn stupid after the game, huh?
                      I realize that you cant make guarantees in the NFL, cause nobody knows what actually going to happen. ANYBODY who does though, obviously isnt "scared" of them though. I am not gonna sit here and guarantee a victory over the chiefs, but i will tell you i am not afraid and i DO expect we will win.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I'm sure Shanahan and the Broncos will have enough common sense to realize that the Chiefs could very easily present a problem to the Broncos...no matter where it's played. NFL teams everywhere can now sleep better knowing that you don't make any decisions for them.
                        I dont know what you are talking about now but i hope you see now that your chiefs dont "scare" anybody. Present a problem, sure. SCARE, hell naw.

That made you sound like the homer.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                          I am not gonna sit here and guarantee a victory over the chiefs, but i will tell you i am not afraid and i DO expect we will win.
                          If you'd just phrased it like that to begin with I would have agreed with you.

The way things are going, I think the Broncos have a better than even chance of winning that game. But I personally believe the Chiefs deserve that accolades they're receiving right now. I still hope they collapse and don't make the playoffs (not bloody likely) but I fully respect the danger they pose in both our rematch and any possibly playoff game.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

OK lets see who is talking a ton and not making valid points.

Horseface says:
                            1) Vegas linemakers "know more" football than anybody
                            2)What makes them good is how good they can predict outcomes
                            3)Making a prediction doesnt mean you "know most"
                            4)NFL Teams fear the Chiefs
                            5)Chad Johnson didnt fear the chiefs, making him a moron
                            6)Johnson was "very lucky" the bengals bailed him out
                            7)Presenting a problem is the same as saying they should be feared
                            8)The chiefs didnt "fear" the bengals, so they lost

Talking - TON
                            Valid Points - none

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

you just keep getting more and more idiotic.
                              and you guys keep getting more and more defensive. if you were as confident as you pretend to be, you wouldn't care so much about correcting every post by fans of another team on their own site. do you realize you have 939 posts on another team's forum. that says alot.
                              sigpic
                              go broncos
                              share the sidewalk
                              liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

I have no prob with what you say horseface but...

Don't believe everything you hear...GB has looked good the last few weeks, and it being played at Lambeau, fairs very well for the Packers. As for the Chiefs, they looked bad last week, but they still have the best record in the NFL with one of the most potent offenses out there. They didn't click on Sunday, but they are a very good team. While their defense is the question mark, they have outscored 9 out of 10 teams so far this year...and that's hard to do. It's great that you have confidence in Jake, but I'd be willing to bet that GB fans have faith in Favre as well. And the KC fans know that Trent Green is looking very solid as well, he had another game of over 300 yards on Sunday with over a 100 qb rating. Believing in your QB won't make your remaing "tough" 3 games any easier.
                                GB has looked awful in lambaeu and if Tim Rattay comes and beats GB in GB then I would definitely not be afraid of them. Lambaeu is not the same place it used to be and neither is Brett with a bum thumb. Ahman Green is a fumbler as well as you know: OT win For KC in Lambeau. If you win 9 out of 10 games yes i do believe you have outscored the opposition 9 out of ten times whether by one point or 20 points. The running game for KC ws nonexistant sunday against the bengals plus being down by 11 in the 3rd qt made Trent green have to go to the air. Didn't he get a third of his passing yards in the 4th qt alone? Look don't get me wrong KC has one of if not the best o-line in the league so Trent will get his time to throw but as the season winds down i think he wil be asked to be a focal point.Priest holmes wasn't a factor and dante hall was not shut down but controlled and KC lost with trent having one his better games. What does that mean? That even if trent has 400 yards but priest or hall is not a factor in the game they will lose. I rather take my chances with jake who might not break a 300 yard game for the rest of the season but gets the ball to portis,r smith or s. sharpe and denver wins. That's not hoping he does that, that's what he's done so far.
                                Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Working...
                                X