Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which departed player will Denver miss the most?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Blaming Griese for E-Mac's broken leg and TD's knee is pretty ridiculous (even though I've done it before too).

    C'mon, if Bob Griese never met Griese's mom then TD would've rushed for 2000+ yards 3 times by now. Maybe if Griese's mom didn't die of cancer then Griese wouldn't have been a Bronco and never would have laid Eddie out like that. But really, if Shanahan and the rest of the Bronco Scouting team didn't see something in TD then he wouldn't have been a Bronco so Lepsis couldn't have rolled on his leg when he was trying to tackle the guy that intercepted Griese's pass.

    My conclusion - it's all Shanahan's mom's fault. If she never would've allowed herself to become prego with Mike then TD & Eddie would still be Broncos putting up HOF-like numbers.



    Blame the moon...
    Winter is Coming!

    Comment


    • #17
      would they still be broncos if mike wasn't born?

      Comment


      • #18
        CP

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
          Blaming Griese for E-Mac's broken leg and TD's knee is pretty ridiculous (even though I've done it before too).

          C'mon, if Bob Griese never met Griese's mom then TD would've rushed for 2000+ yards 3 times by now. Maybe if Griese's mom didn't die of cancer then Griese wouldn't have been a Bronco and never would have laid Eddie out like that. But really, if Shanahan and the rest of the Bronco Scouting team didn't see something in TD then he wouldn't have been a Bronco so Lepsis couldn't have rolled on his leg when he was trying to tackle the guy that intercepted Griese's pass.

          My conclusion - it's all Shanahan's mom's fault. If she never would've allowed herself to become prego with Mike then TD & Eddie would still be Broncos putting up HOF-like numbers.



          Blame the moon...

          It was Greasy's fault, if he could have thrown the ball more 15 yards, lots of things in Broncoville would have turned out DIFF. You have to admit that he was the worst #3 choice we could have ever made, Although getting JAke may be worth all the other pain, shortened carers he caused!

          IS there anyone in Denver that thinks Greasy is a QB?

          Comment


          • #20
            sentimentally missed the most: eddie mac of course

            missed the most production wise: i think maybe berry. i think that a rb is going to step up for us, based on history. williams should replace gold. eddie mac wasn't as productive as he had been so if lelie steps up a bit that should be covered. but what about defensive end? i don't know what is going on there.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk
            liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jrhampton
              It was Greasy's fault, if he could have thrown the ball more 15 yards, lots of things in Broncoville would have turned out DIFF. You have to admit that he was the worst #3 choice we could have ever made, Although getting JAke may be worth all the other pain, shortened carers he caused!

              IS there anyone in Denver that thinks Greasy is a QB?

              I will miss Ed the most because he was team player, unlike Portis who was just out for the money. You think Portis would have took a cut in salary or referred money so that we could meet salary cap obligations like John Elway did many times??? You know he would not. Ed was a class act and we will miss him as fans.

              As far as Griese, he had a streak of bad luck but he did throw the ball in awkward positions for our receivers to catch it. I was at the game that he threw the pass to Ed McCaffrey and it was high and behind him, Ed tried to make the spectacular catch and in result broke his leg. Griese also threw a stupid interception and in pursuit T.D. was pulled down from behind on the same play, effectively ruining his carreer. Griese also if you remember threw a high ball to Shannon Sharpe the same year and Shannon broke his collerbone and was out for most of the season. Run of bad luck??? No, Just a bad quarterback, had one good year and that was it. One great game against the Raiders.

              Most people on this board will agree with you, that Griese was not a very good quarterback and was one of Shanahan's experiments gone bad and should have been pulled long before he was. Shanahan however did pull him and I will give him credit for that.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by el chiefo
                hahahahaha! it is funnie to see that you donkeys deni the fact that you will miss portis he was the backbone of you offence
                We'll stop denying that we will miss Portis if you stop denying that you need spell check...

                Deal?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  would they still be broncos if mike wasn't born?
                  Yes, but it is all the butterfly affect. They would actually be the Detroit Broncos after moving first to Mexico City then back into the United States...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by broncos4ever
                    I will miss Ed the most because he was team player, unlike Portis who was just out for the money. You think Portis would have took a cut in salary or referred money so that we could meet salary cap obligations like John Elway did many times??? You know he would not. Ed was a class act and we will miss him as fans.

                    As far as Griese, he had a streak of bad luck but he did throw the ball in awkward positions for our receivers to catch it. I was at the game that he threw the pass to Ed McCaffrey and it was high and behind him, Ed tried to make the spectacular catch and in result broke his leg. Griese also threw a stupid interception and in pursuit T.D. was pulled down from behind on the same play, effectively ruining his carreer. Griese also if you remember threw a high ball to Shannon Sharpe the same year and Shannon broke his collerbone and was out for most of the season. Run of bad luck??? No, Just a bad quarterback, had one good year and that was it. One great game against the Raiders.

                    Most people on this board will agree with you, that Griese was not a very good quarterback and was one of Shanahan's experiments gone bad and should have been pulled long before he was. Shanahan however did pull him and I will give him credit for that.
                    I was a hugh Greasy fan after he played the game with the separated shoulder. Thought that it would make his career, would endear himself in the hearts of his fellow players. But even playing in pain his teamates, saw how shallow he was. I can remember all of those shots of him setting at the end of the bench all by himself.

                    Just maybe, he was the Broncos first head case. I was dismayed to hear about the driveway incident. He was a misfit mentally, had no long arm, was called Dink for that reason. The first year he was an allpro because he had good stats. Once the league figured out how to defense him he was not even average. High vunderlick scores can only take you so far, you have to be faster that speeding turlte and be able to throw more than 15 yard out.

                    I had forgotten about the bad throw to Sharpe and breaking his collarbone on that. Just one more reason to call him Greasy. Glad he is gone and happy to see Jake in the backfield.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This is a no brainer....

                      Bert went for the $$$
                      Gold went for the $$$
                      CP went for the $$$

                      Eddie Mac prolly woulda played another couple years and offered to restructure his contract if needed, just to stay here.

                      Now... that being said, I think all 3 of these players are going to figure out very soon that they will suck in another system and will regret making the decision to leave.

                      Bert has made a name for himself as consistent and will draw more attention from the O-Lines he plays against.

                      Gold will break down and prove that he wasn't worth half of what Tampa wants to pay him

                      CP will definately miss out. With our line, in time he coulda been one of the greatest. Unfortunately, Washington doesn't have our line. He's due a big reality check this year.

                      Nuff said...

                      Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                      ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Garderner

                        Why isn't Daryl Gardener's name on this list... I miss him sentimentaly but also I miss his great oplay and leadership on and off the field.
                        My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                          This is a no brainer....

                          Bert went for the $$$
                          Gold went for the $$$
                          CP went for the $$$

                          Eddie Mac prolly woulda played another couple years and offered to restructure his contract if needed, just to stay here.

                          Now... that being said, I think all 3 of these players are going to figure out very soon that they will suck in another system and will regret making the decision to leave.

                          Bert has made a name for himself as consistent and will draw more attention from the O-Lines he plays against.

                          Gold will break down and prove that he wasn't worth half of what Tampa wants to pay him

                          CP will definately miss out. With our line, in time he coulda been one of the greatest. Unfortunately, Washington doesn't have our line. He's due a big reality check this year.

                          Nuff said...

                          Quit saying "nuff said" unless you can ensure it will be your last post on the topic.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Garderner

                            Originally posted by ARBroncos
                            Why isn't Daryl Gardener's name on this list... I miss him sentimentaly but also I miss his great oplay and leadership on and off the field.
                            Oh yeah.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X