PATS Game Moved Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATS Game Moved Again...

So I have tow topics I wanted to bring forward. The one is the comment made by Shelby Harris which I agree with. This move to MNF is worse for us and does nothing but help the Pats. It will potentially allow for their star CB to test negative twice in a row and play. It will also allow the team to potentially practice and meet. In addition this also forces us into yet another short week. For example it is not like when we got GUTTED with inquires that the league gave us a break.

Thoughts?

Edit: just announced the game is going to be postponed. Should have been moved back to Sunday. I am Livid.
    Last edited by Rich_C; 10-11-2020, 07:56 AM.

I don't know, I think it's more of a safety thing more than anything
    sigpic

Comment

It get them a full benefit.....us nothing,,,this is totally for the benefits of the pats...
      sigpic

Comment

More like Monday Afternoon Football.

Comment

Dang going to have to work through most of it
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Yeah I can understand it - sucks for me because I'll still be at work. Oh well. Life moves on.

Comment

I think it's nothing but a pure favor done for Pat's so they can get Cam back!! What a joke!! I hope this makes our boys just as pissed and they go out there and embarrass ole Belicheat

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I think it's nothing but a pure favor done for Pat's so they can get Cam back!! What a joke!! I hope this makes our boys just as pissed and they go out there and embarrass ole Belicheat
                Totally Agree 100%

Comment

For once, I will be able to get home from work, sit down, and watch Monday night Football in it's entirety, and not be tired the next day. Best of all, it's my team !!!! Now I'll know what it's like to be a west coaster,,,,,,minus the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                    So I have tow topics I wanted to bring forward. The one is the comment made by Shelby Harris which I agree with. This move to MNF is worse for us and does nothing but help the Pats. It will potentially allow for their star CB to test negative twice in a row and play. It will also allow the team to potentially practice and meet. In addition this also forces us into yet another short week. For example it is not like when we got GUTTED with inquires that the league gave us a break.

Thoughts?
                    While we as fans look at the effects of maybe the Pats getting a player back I do not think the NFL is even considering this.

I think they looking at incubation period and just trying to make sure there is zero spread to other players.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

While we as fans look at the effects of maybe the Pats getting a player back I do not think the NFL is even considering this.

I think they looking at incubation period and just trying to make sure there is zero spread to other players.
                      I'm with you. Folks here might know that I am anti-Pats, but this is a part of a process that The NFL has implemented, and will be abided by to reduce risk and increase safety of the players, coaches, staff and anyone involved....as well as to protect the league. I don't blame them for any of these steps. I am sure we would be just as cautious and calculated if we were responsible for a multi billion $ business, or any business for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I'm with you. Folks here might know that I am anti-Pats, but this is a part of a process that The NFL has implemented, and will be abided by to reduce risk and increase safety of the players, coaches, staff and anyone involved....as well as to protect the league. I don't blame them for any of these steps. I am sure we would be just as cautious and calculated if we were responsible for a multi billion $ business, or any business for that matter.
                        Yeah - No.

If the NFL was so concerned then they would have two layered tests for COVID-19. The first would be the unreliable but still decently reliable 15 minute test at the door on a daily basis. If that comes back positive then the player would take the more reliable one and need to participate virtually until the other test came back negative. Furthermore if safety was truly "that big of a deal" they'd have two policies in place already:

1. No off-site events without masks and social distancing and enforceable 14-day quarantine plus fines if it is violated.
                        2. game-day testing

Now with regards to the Pats I'd like to know the timing here. There is some questioning about timing here - Cam and Gilmore ate dinner on Friday the 2nd. When did Cam find out he was positive? Either way positive tests were and are bound to happen. Given that Eight days would have passed between the time Cam Tested positive and the last test before the game I have a hard time seeing this as anything more then a way of handing us a short straw (intentionally) to help bolster ratings to allow Cam to get back on the field. What is worse here - IMO is the disregard for our already injury riddled team. We already had a short week and now we are being forced into having another one. Again if player safety is THAT important then the safety of the BRONCOS should have factored into this. Dare I say from my perspective we were effectively ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Yeah - No.

If the NFL was so concerned then they would have two layered tests for COVID-19. The first would be the unreliable but still decently reliable 15 minute test at the door on a daily basis. If that comes back positive then the player would take the more reliable one and need to participate virtually until the other test came back negative. Furthermore if safety was truly "that big of a deal" they'd have two policies in place already:

1. No off-site events without masks and social distancing and enforceable 14-day quarantine plus fines if it is violated.
                          2. game-day testing

Now with regards to the Pats I'd like to know the timing here. There is some questioning about timing here - Cam and Gilmore ate dinner on Friday the 2nd. When did Cam find out he was positive? Either way positive tests were and are bound to happen. Given that Eight days would have passed between the time Cam Tested positive and the last test before the game I have a hard time seeing this as anything more then a way of handing us a short straw (intentionally) to help bolster ratings to allow Cam to get back on the field. What is worse here - IMO is the disregard for our already injury riddled team. We already had a short week and now we are being forced into having another one. Again if player safety is THAT important then the safety of the BRONCOS should have factored into this. Dare I say from my perspective we were effectively ignored.
                          Thx for that. Good stuff. Seems we're all trying to figure out the when of the covid. But I still don't think this is a Pats vs Broncos decision. Is Cam actually playing?

Comment

This doesn’t make sense to me at all. The CDC says that after a close contact exposure, which they define as unmasked, indoors and greater than 15 minutes, someone should isolate for 14 days because that is consistent with what they are seeing as far as incubation period.

Based on Stephan Gilmores test, you have to assume most of the team meets criteria for exposure and should isolate for 14 days. A move from Sunday to Monday would make zero difference in infection risk. This is the NFL just making this up, not knowing what they are doing and struggling to keep a season afloat. It’s a money decision, not a health decision. If they were serious about it, they would cancel the Pats schedule for the next two weeks.
                            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thx for that. Good stuff. Seems we're all trying to figure out the when of the covid. But I still don't think this is a Pats vs Broncos decision. Is Cam actually playing?
                              I honestly do not know if Cam is for sure playing BUT I know at least one of the NFL bars to play again has been passed - two negative COVID tests in a row. What we do not know (I am no doctor just playing on on a football forum) if is he is still shedding the virus. If so then even if he is testing negative he may well still be contagious. These types of hurdles are why a fixed (14-day) isolation + two negative tests is what is deemed far safer.

Comment

Working...
                              X