PATS Game Moved Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

I honestly do not know if Cam is for sure playing BUT I know at least one of the NFL bars to play again has been passed - two negative COVID tests in a row. What we do not know (I am no doctor just playing on on a football forum) if is he is still shedding the virus. If so then even if he is testing negative he may well still be contagious. These types of hurdles are why a fixed (14-day) isolation + two negative tests is what is deemed far safer.
    No doubt there is a safer way. We are supposed to quarantine for 14 days, so yes, what you say makes total sense. Is it because The NFL protocol involves a guaranteed medical support system and multiple testing, whereas most citizens can not provide that assurance? Not sure.

Just not believing that this is a pro Pats maneuver.

Comment

As much as we hate the early start time on Monday honestly if the NFL really wanted to go 110% to protect players all games would be during the day

Sunlight kills the Corona
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        As much as we hate the early start time on Monday honestly if the NFL really wanted to go 110% to protect players all games would be during the day

Sunlight kills the Corona
        I think they should play all games on The Moon....pending the spread of the virus.

Comment

This is just another in a long line of times the New England Patriots have cheated, pushed the envelope, bent the rules and evaded what applies to all NFL teams ... except them. They do this as a result of the league letting them, since they are apparently the favorites in a separate category from everyone else. Shelby Harris is right. Denver is being punished for dealing with the Covid situation in a conscientious and totally correct way. Now the Broncos will have another short week after playing at the Covid infested den of the cheatriots. All of this will be confirmed when Cam Newton trots onto the field at Foxborough, Massachusetts Monday afternoon. Being asymptomatic means nothing. If Newton plays, it will be a joke, and all the league's guidelines rendered meaningless. When the Broncos return from East of the Hudson, if any of them test positive, it will be the fault of New England and the NFL. If that happens, the Patriots should forfeit the game.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It will seem a little shady if the difference between Cam playing or not is 20 hours.

Comment

I have a strong hunch that Stidham will start. If Cam does, I will reconsider some of my posts in this thread, possibly by investigating the ruling further. My limited understanding to date is that teams with active cases are being considered for postponements, to give a little more time to try to ensure the team does not further spread the virus, thereby endangering more folks, possibly on both teams.

Comment

I don’t see how Cam or Gilmore would be able to play. I don’t think they can get in 2 negative test after contracting it so recently.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I have a strong hunch that Stidham will start. If Cam does, I will reconsider some of my posts in this thread, possibly by investigating the ruling further. My limited understanding to date is that teams with active cases are being considered for postponements, to give a little more time to try to ensure the team does not further spread the virus, thereby endangering more folks, possibly on both teams.
                  Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore are listed on NE's roster. They are not on any Covid list and they are not on the weekly injury report. Fangio said they are preparing for Cam Newton. Sounds like USMC Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway: adjust, adapt, improvise.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore are listed on NE's roster. They are not on any Covid list and they are not on the weekly injury report. Fangio said they are preparing for Cam Newton. Sounds like USMC Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway: adjust, adapt, improvise.
                    Hmmm. You are ahead of my info, as I saw earlier that Newton was on Covid Reserve. I did not read deeper into it, but now I see he might be cleared to practice tomorrow. Time for me to dig in to the NFL rules and regs re: covid.

Comment

I'm sorry but there is some serious reaching here...as much as we all hate the Patriots, there is no way on earth this is the nfl favoring them....let it go
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        I'm sorry but there is some serious reaching here...as much as we all hate the Patriots, there is no way on earth this is the nfl favoring them....let it go
                        Ain't happenin'.

Comment

Sam, have you been hitting the sauce? Seems out of character for you
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hmmm. You are ahead of my info, as I saw earlier that Newton was on Covid Reserve. I did not read deeper into it, but now I see he might be cleared to practice tomorrow. Time for me to dig in to the NFL rules and regs re: covid.
                            Dig all you want. If Cam Newton takes the field for the Pats Monday afternoon as a result of the postponement, it will reek, and the NFL's Covid policies will be exposed as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              Sam, have you been hitting the sauce? Seems out of character for you
                              Are you accusing me of being drunk?

Comment

What if I am sam? I have no problem on saying that I am feeling good at the moment..no offense meant
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X