No announcement yet.

PATS Game Moved Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I'm saying is that you are one of my favorite posters on this board and it just seems like you may be a bit out of sorts
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      What if I am sam? I have no problem on saying that I am feeling good at the moment..no offense meant
      Just because I'm stating a point-of-view with which you disagree, is no valid reason to discount my opinion by suggesting I have formulated it under the influence.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Ok sam, we done here...peace out
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Dig all you want. If Cam Newton takes the field for the Pats Monday afternoon as a result of the postponement, it will reek, and the NFL's Covid policies will be exposed as a joke.
          I am going to get my shovel out.....but let me warn you pal, I may accidentally catch you with some errant dirt!

And if you are in fact having a "shot", please pour one for me.

FTR....you would be the first EVER member to drink while posting!!! You da man!!!
          Last edited by CanDB; 10-09-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Fangio said they are preparing for Cam Newton. Sounds like USMC Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway: adjust, adapt, improvise.
            I was thinking same thing when I saw the presser....I was also yelling the part he missed OVERCOME!

Was thinking about the 1 vs 2 end of the pit battle in fact...lets give the Pats one of those shots!
            Last edited by Hadez; 10-10-2020, 10:58 AM.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Sam, have you been hitting the sauce? Seems out of character for you
              I think it is saying something good about Sam that we expect certain level of posting from him...what that said...Sam is human too ya know.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore are listed on NE's roster. They are not on any Covid list and they are not on the weekly injury report.
                Still learning the rules on this myself. If someone goes on IR they are missing 3 weeks min right? I have not found the NFL rules on this but typically the most strict protocol is quarantine for 14 days after testing positive and get 2 negative tests before coming back to work. This means if someone stays on the active roster and goes through Covid protocol they can come back a week earlier than if they go on IR.

Comment

Do we have any chance Actually​​​​​​beating NE???

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    Do we have any chance Actually​​​​​​beating NE???
                    By "we", do you mean the players and coaches? If so, of course. When the team gets on the the bus to go to the field, they feel they have a chance to win the game they have prepared to play. Otherwise, why get on the bus?

Comment

So I have a general question......who's playing QB? I mean, who is QB for us and them??

Comment

By "we", do you mean the players and coaches? If so, of course. When the team gets on the the bus to go to the field, they feel they have a chance to win the game they have prepared to play. Otherwise, why get on the bus?
                        From your mouth to the football gods ears!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          So I have a general question......who's playing QB? I mean, who is QB for us and them??
                          Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that NE opened their facility today, but Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore did not practice. Belichick refused to answer questions about their status. Reiss reported that Newton, Gilmore and PS DT Bill Murray are on the Pats' COVID-19 list, but the Pats have not posted that list on their website. NE shows Newton and Gilmore on the roster and Murray on the PS, and they do not appear on the team's injury report. There has been no reporting that I have found concerning followup tests on Newton. It would be an understatement to say the Pats have been less than transparent, but hey, that's just them and the league doesn't seem to care.

For NE, the starting QB will be eenie, meenie, miney of Newton, Hoyer or Stidham. For Denver, the starting QB will be eenie, meenie of Rypien or Lock. My guess is Newton and Rypien.

At the presser there was apparently something of a whine-fest about the Pats not being on an equal playing field with the Broncos because of lack of practice time this week. Belichick said it was his decision to close their facility this week.

Since Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore didn't practice, maybe they'll have dinner together.

P.S. If Newton plays, it will be due to the 10 day rule made possible by the postponement.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 10-10-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that NE opened their facility today, but Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore did not practice. Belichick refused to answer questions about their status. Reiss reported that Newton, Gilmore and PS DT Bill Murray are on the Pats' COVID-19 list, but the Pats have not posted that list on their website. NE shows Newton and Gilmore on the roster and Murray on the PS. There has been no reporting that I have found concerning followup tests on Newton. It would be an understatement to say the Pats have been less than transparent, but hey, that's just them and the league doesn't seem to care.

For NE, the starting QB will be eenie, meenie, miney of Newton, Hoyer or Stidham. For Denver, the starting QB will be eenie, meenie of Rypien or Lock. My guess is Newton and Rypien.

At the presser there was apparently something of a whine-fest about the Pats not being on an equal playing field with the Broncos because of lack of practice time this week. Belichick said it was his decision to close their facility this week.

Since Cam Newton and Stephon Gilmore didn't practice, maybe they'll have dinner together.

P.S. If Newton plays, it will be due to the 10 day rule made possible by the postponement.
                            It's interesting that this close to game day and neither team's QB is a "lock"..... (well, maybe one)

Comment

Not particularly worried about Cam playing or not. The damage has been done because preparation has likely been done for all 3 so not a ton of time devoted to one specific guy. And the Broncos have countered by saying that Lock has a chance to play. But Cam isn’t a great QB even though they’ve been winning games. He’s still the same QB, they’re just letting himself run himself into the ground.

Now Gilmore on the other hand would be a huge boon to them on defense and will make it that much harder for whoever starts at QB for us.

Comment

At this stage of Cam's career, he is a way more accomplished QB than anything we have had in Denver for a half decade.

(IMO)

Comment

Working...
                                X