PATS Game Moved Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    The nfl has just opened up a can of worms that has no fix. Now they will likely move broncos dolphins to week 11 when dolphins were due for a bye... but then when the hell do they play the broncos chargers game scheduled for week 11
    It’s extremely stupid and makes no sense. At this point might as well just cancel or make the Pats forfeit.
    sigpic

Comment

The Broncos probably benefit from the extra prep time and have a more certain belief that they can prepare for Newton exclusively.
      You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        The nfl has just opened up a can of worms that has no fix. Now they will likely move broncos dolphins to week 11 when dolphins were due for a bye... but then when the hell do they play the broncos chargers game scheduled for week 11
        When was the Chargers Bye Week? This is so stupid by the league. This game should’ve been flexed to week 18 like Pitt-Tenn. All this movement to appease Kraft. I’m so fed up with the constant pandering to the Pats.

I want to see if they keep getting positives throughout the week, will they be forced to forfeit.........
        #swapping

Comment

NFL Radio just said no final decision on when game will be played.
          You Mad Bro?

Comment

What does NFL do if Patriot players continue to test positive his week and maybe into next week? Wonder if it was by chance or if they have been going to bars on days off?

Comment

We got royally screwed. The Broncos didn't do anything wrong and we lose our bye week? They practiced all week and got zero rest which is something this banged up team desperately needs. Patriots should have had to forfeit
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

some how some way you just know the PATs are at it again

Comment

Something seems off about this. The Patriots basically get their bye week moved ahead 1 week, while the Broncos get their schedule thrown into upheaval. Seems fair. So are we going to play 1 less game this year? 2 games in a shortened time period?

I think the NFL needs to do something about certain teams irresponsibility, like forfeiting drafts picks.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post

When was the Chargers Bye Week? This is so stupid by the league. This game should’ve been flexed to week 18 like Pitt-Tenn. All this movement to appease Kraft. I’m so fed up with the constant pandering to the Pats.

I want to see if they keep getting positives throughout the week, will they be forced to forfeit.........
                    You will not believe how the Boston sports media are whining about how much they are being pushed around and that BB is the one who had the "courage" to say he wasn't playing on Monday night after another person was positive and that he will not let the league to continue to jerk their chain, so to speak.

Somehow BB has become the savior in all this. They were saying that because BB has been the one to tell the league they weren't playing, now other teams will do that as well. It is just amazing how these fans can turn everything that he does into anointed Sainthood.
                    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-11-2020, 08:39 AM.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

So does this mean we essentially practiced all week during our “bye” week and now will have a game rescheduled during our original bye week later in year? Awesome...not like our team isn’t royally beat up and doesn’t need any rest...
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm glad we get to see the game (eventually), however it seems like the most logical thing would have been to make the Pats forfeit. Their original bye was next week so this seems like a perfect "quarantine" set-up for them to hopefully work through the infected.

There is no easy way to manage this, but I do believe forfeit is about as "fair" as injury. You never know who or when but you deal with the consequence. You might suffer from forfeit, you might benefit, but the season goes on.
                        I don't think it will take too many of these delayed games to create enough chaos to be a major issue. Scheduling, length of season and other player association issues are going to compound. I hope the season plays out but this is a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                          So does this mean we essentially practiced all week during our “bye” week and now will have a game rescheduled during our original bye week later in year? Awesome...not like our team isn’t royally beat up and doesn’t need any rest...
                          That sounds exactly like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                            Yes, they are even discussing canceling the Miami game, altogether. Patriots should have to forfeit the game if they cannot field a healthy team. This decision penalizes the team whose players are following the proper protocols.
                            sigpic

Comment

This decision clearly isn't fair and equitable for both teams but there isn't a great deal we can do about it. There is a possibility that the issue can be ameliorated by giving us a second bye week at some point. After all, it's not improbable that by the end of the season a large percentage of teams would have had at least one emergency Covid related bye week.

Comment

Doesn't matter. We weren't going to win. Even without Cam and Gilmore, The Hoodie would still run circles around Fangio.

I'm not even disappointed. This season is already over for us. Injuries and one of the worst head coaches in the league have already ruined our season.

Comment

Working...
                                X