No announcement yet.

PATS Game Moved Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am probably the only person who was excited by the news of a bye week. My first thought was Lock has a little extra time to heal and maybe be back next week. I may not be taking all the factors into consideration...
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      I am probably the only person who was excited by the news of a bye week. My first thought was Lock has a little extra time to heal and maybe be back next week. I may not be taking all the factors into consideration...
      Bye weeks are typically used for players to rest up and heal.

The Broncos have just spent theirs preparing for a game that isn't going to happen.

Comment

I see your side of this. Did folks think a battered team like ours could fly into Foxboro, even minus Newton perhaps and Gilmore, and outcoach/outplay them? Sure, the odds were not impossible, but this gives us time to get Lock back...maybe some others.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I see your side of this. Did folks think a battered team like ours could fly into Foxboro, even minus Newton perhaps and Gilmore, and outcoach/outplay them? Sure, the odds were not impossible, but this gives us time to get Lock back...maybe some others.
          Exactly...
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

I am with you. Our DL is banged up. Even some guys who are playing are banged up. Last Vic presser I saw kind of got me thinking other defenders would have been ruled out. Now we may get Bouye back when we play the Pats. Hamler, Lock and Fant would have been ruled out. The bye week now helps us.

Was kind of excited to see how Rypien did...was thinking this may have been his last start. Happier we get time to heal our massive amount of injuries.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
              What does NFL do if Patriot players continue to test positive his week and maybe into next week? Wonder if it was by chance or if they have been going to bars on days off?
              The NFL has warned there will be penalties for teams that do not follow protocols. IMO it is time to start fining and taking away draft picks from teams that continue to get positive tests. There are two teams whose positive tests have now affected 2-3 weeks of NFL play. Meanwhile almost 30 teams have gone 5 weeks with no issues.

The thing is us fans have the things we worry about. For the NFL and the players...if games gets canceled they lose money. Would think the players would be extra careful because they will lose game checks if games are canceled. If the NFL loses TV revenue than players will see salary cap go down and lose money a 2nd time.
              Last edited by Hadez; 10-11-2020, 10:20 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

What’s unbelievable is that the Pats and their sports me are viewing themselves as the victims. They keep saying they followed all protocols.

Sorry, but they didn’t. Cam and Gilmore went out to dinner when they should’ve.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

So it looks like we will play the chargers week 8 and dolphins week 11... this would set our schedule but throws the dolphins all out of whack
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

The NFL has warned there will be penalties for teams that do not follow protocols. IMO it is time to start fining and taking away draft picks from teams that continue to get positive tests. There are two teams whose positive tests have now affected 2-3 weeks of NFL play. Meanwhile almost 30 teams have gone 5 weeks with no issues.

The thing is us fans have the things we worry about. For the NFL and the players...if games gets canceled they lose money. Would think the players would be extra careful because they will lose game checks if games are canceled. If the NFL loses TV revenue than players will see salary cap go down and lose money a 2nd time.
                    That would require the NFL to be proactive and think ahead, clearly they are incapable of doing that.

Comment

Right now based on the agreement between the players and NFL if the Pats were to forfeit the game than the Broncos players would not get paid.

My guess is they were not thinking about this situation when the agreement was made...they were thinking about if the season was canceled. That is how the current agreement stands.

“If any games are canceled (and not later played) during the 2020 season once the regular season has begun, Clubs will not be obligated to pay the salary protected by applicable 2020 Guaranteed Salary during the 2020 season that would have covered salary for any cancelled games, provided that the foregoing does not apply to any salary guarantee, signing bonus, roster bonus, or reporting bonus earned but not paid prior to cancellation.”
                      Source
                      Last edited by Hadez; 10-11-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Bye weeks are typically used for players to rest up and heal.

The Broncos have just spent theirs preparing for a game that isn't going to happen.
                        The Broncos had a long week leading up to what would have been the game this week. Now they get another 6 days (assuming the game is played Sunday next week) so they'll have gotten their rest and chance to heal. I think they had all of last weekend off (first day back was Tuesday) and they'll probably now get 2 or 3 days off before they get back to practicing. So between the Jets and Patriots games they'll probably have had between 5-7 days off.

Also NFL players aren't allowed to leave their team's cities on bye weeks this year, they need to stick around and continue to be tested every day. So the bye week in 2020 is much different than the bye week in past seasons.

And they spent the week preparing for the Patriots, which is still their next game, so the week of practice ahead should be pretty good and crisp because the game plans are installed and they've already spent a week working against that scout look.

If anything I think this is a bigger problem for the Patriots, because they were supposed to have a bye next weekend. They spent this past week being tested and unable to enter their facility without injured players being able to get in to get treatment, and with the team constantly meeting on Zoom. Now this week has been changed to a work week, but they're still not allowed in their team facility, but they still have to meet on Zoom, and try to stay focused on playing Denver, while knowing that their light week just disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          What’s unbelievable is that the Pats and their sports me are viewing themselves as the victims. They keep saying they followed all protocols.

Sorry, but they didn’t. Cam and Gilmore went out to dinner when they should’ve.
                          While I don't view the Patriots as victims, their case is much different than the Titans. The Titans were allowing people in their building to flat out not follow the league mandated rules. And when the building got closed and the team was told not to get together, they went to a very public field and held a team practice.

The Patriots is more of something that could happen to any team, even if they follow the rules. The Titans, just flat out didn't care.

Comment

Actually it will now mess up the chargers and jaguars schedule more than anything...big mess
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              Game for Monday is off...moved to next Sunday
                              The New England Patriots have a problem. Maybe the self-appointed geniuses from east of the Hudson can figure out a solution, or maybe not. Perhaps the eight veteran Patriots players who opted out knew something, or at least suspected it.

No matter when Denver plays NE, if they come away without one of the Broncos acquiring covid, it will be a miracle. New England should forfeit the game, otherwise all of Goodell's talk is pretty cheap. Seriously doubt if the NFL season will be completed.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

That would require the NFL to be proactive and think ahead, clearly they are incapable of doing that.
                                I do think the NFL could have done a lot of things better but I also do not know how helpful or hurtful the NFLPA was. To me It seemed the players hate preseason and were trying to drag their feet to get the preseason canceled. Since the ground rules of what was going to happen required a collaboration between the two sides if one side was dragging their feet to get the preseason canceled than it hurt the entire process.

Have worked in corporations for nearly 20 years....I get how this could make other people heads explode at how stupid it is but trust me it is pretty common in a cooperate work environment that involves a lot less moving parts than the NFL and NFLPA.

Comment

Working...
                                X