PATS Game Moved Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Sam just misplaced one of his Latin books, and got over it right away.
    si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I remember Bronco fans complaining about how the NFL was cheating in the schedule at home vs away games when the schedule is known for years in advance except for division standings.

Some posters see the Patriots cheating in everything.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Pats and Broncos pushed ahead to next Sunday because another Pats player tested positive. They closed the facility but first said we would play Monday.

I am so annoyed how this is all being handled. Back and forth. No one has given any thought to the impact on the Broncos.
        Over half the league plays in the Eastern Time Zone. They don't care about anyone but themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I see your side of this. Did folks think a battered team like ours could fly into Foxboro, even minus Newton perhaps and Gilmore, and outcoach/outplay them? Sure, the odds were not impossible, but this gives us time to get Lock back...maybe some others.
          The truth is yes...I did. We have shown that inspite our injuries we have been competitive. Also as much as I've been critical of our coaching the only unit I have not seen adaptation and improvement from is ST's.

This whole decision is almost worse than the Monday night move. As others have stated a week of rest is better for players who are hurt. The PAT'S have basically had that...we have not.

Furthermore a single positive test is expected. Where you need to start to question discipline is when you see multiple team members get infected.

I have posted earlier in this thread I believe - the NFL needs to add the 15 min test to the entrance protocols. I don't see a way around that.
          Last edited by Rich_C; 10-11-2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            The nfl has just opened up a can of worms that has no fix. Now they will likely move broncos dolphins to week 11 when dolphins were due for a bye... but then when the hell do they play the broncos chargers game scheduled for week 11
            Denver just had their bye. Word is they will play the Pats in week 6, the Chargers in week 8 and the Dolphins in week 11. At least that's what they're saying now. It will probably change and the season itself is in the process of unraveling. Too bad for the Broncos because it seems like they have done things right and are suffering for the stupidity of others.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

It’s extremely stupid and makes no sense. At this point might as well just cancel or make the Pats forfeit.
              The Pats should forfeit, but that will never happen. They have done things before that warranted a forfeit, but it didn't happen then, so it won't happen now. They are so precious to many of influence. They think they are above the rules, and so they are.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                some how some way you just know the PATs are at it again
                "Again" implies that the Patriots stopped cheating and just started up ... again. Seems like they do it all the time and have never stopped. It's a way of life for them; in their genes. They do it with impunity.

Comment

You will not believe how the Boston sports media are whining about how much they are being pushed around and that BB is the one who had the "courage" to say he wasn't playing on Monday night after another person was positive and that he will not let the league to continue to jerk their chain, so to speak.

Somehow BB has become the savior in all this. They were saying that because BB has been the one to tell the league they weren't playing, now other teams will do that as well. It is just amazing how these fans can turn everything that he does into anointed Sainthood.
                  That is ridiculous and delusional. Belichick stood in front of a mike last week, refused to answer questions and lied. What do you call someone who acts like a lying, cheating, unsportsmanlike scum?

Comment

What’s unbelievable is that the Pats and their sports me are viewing themselves as the victims. They keep saying they followed all protocols.

Sorry, but they didn’t. Cam and Gilmore went out to dinner when they should’ve.
                    Pats fans live in an alternate universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

While I don't view the Patriots as victims, their case is much different than the Titans. The Titans were allowing people in their building to flat out not follow the league mandated rules. And when the building got closed and the team was told not to get together, they went to a very public field and held a team practice.

The Patriots is more of something that could happen to any team, even if they follow the rules. The Titans, just flat out didn't care.
                      The Titans should be required to forfeit the whole season for no other reason than behaving like a bunch of blockheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

The Titans should be required to forfeit the whole season for no other reason than behaving like a bunch of blockheads.
                        I think the forfeits will start this week if the game against the Bills can't go ahead. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them retroactively have to forfeit the Steelers game once the league officially rules on the investigation.

I think they'll also face very punitive punishments. Some I've heard is their players won't be paid for forfeited games, and the Titans will be required to pay the salaries for the other team's players in those games.

One I'd like to see (especially if they are forfeiting games) is that the Titans have pick 32 in each round of the draft. That way they can't benefit in the draft from their breaking of the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
                          Sam are you talkin dirty?

Comment

• Keep the schedule THE SAME but move the Pats game to the last game of the season. Why is that so hard NFL? Now the dolphins have to move their game along with the chargers and all the teams they wouldve played that week. Why the HELL would you move 2+ games over one game? Push it back to the end of the season and everything else will be fine

but at least Lock should be healthy. hopefully purcell and fant will be back along with bouye. lindsay will have more reps of practice before coming back. i dont really mind not playing this week but the nfl screwing over the dolphins and chargers over this 1 games makes absolutely no sense

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Sam are you talkin dirty?
                              si hoc non legere potes asinus es

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                                Keep the schedule THE SAME but move the Pats game to the last game of the season. Why is that so hard NFL? Now the dolphins have to move their game along with the chargers and all the teams they wouldve played that week. Why the HELL would you move 2+ games over one game? Push it back to the end of the season and everything else will be fine

but at least Lock should be healthy. hopefully purcell and fant will be back along with bouye. lindsay will have more reps of practice before coming back. i dont really mind not playing this week but the nfl screwing over the dolphins and chargers over this 1 games makes absolutely no sense
                                Makes too much sense.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X