Did we draft the wrong WR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Dont get me wrong still high on Juedy. But man Lamb has ELITE awareness.
    One thing watching the NFL for many decades has taught me is wait a couple years before starting to evaluate drafts. The list is long of players who looked good one year and never looked good again.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

IMO, I think Juedy's body frame is not going to hold up to some of these NFL hits. It seemed like in the first couple of games, those initial hits seemed to welcome him to the NFL.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Both will be great WRs. I don’t think it’s really a matter of who was the right or wrong pick. We chose a guy to compliment Sutton in Jeudy vs choosing a guy who is very similar to Sutton in Lamb. Jeudy got a lot of comparisons to Cooper coming out, I think his ceiling is much higher, I think he can be a Marvin Harrison Isaac Bruce type of guy but with more yac ability. I did prefer Lamb coming out though. I like a physical WR with great hands that can turn nothing into a big gain. Ultimately I don’t think there was a wrong choice. Jeudy can get open whenever he wants and Lamb is open even when he’s covered.

Comment

I'm happy with Jeudy. Late in games and as players get worn down during the season, the ability to get open is more important than the ability to make contested catches when covered.

However, there is a fair argument to be had as to whether Claypool (who we could have drafted in Round 2 ahead of Hamler) is better than Hamler. Too early to say, but wasn't Claypool considered to be the superior player?

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
            I'm happy with Jeudy. Late in games and as players get worn down during the season, the ability to get open is more important than the ability to make contested catches when covered.

However, there is a fair argument to be had as to whether Claypool (who we could have drafted in Round 2 ahead of Hamler) is better than Hamler. Too early to say, but wasn't Claypool considered to be the superior player?
            I am biased, because Claypool is a canuck, but based on what we've seen so far, he will be the better player long term. He is a big athletic specimen who can run fast. Now, they are different players, but if I have a choice between big and fast, and really fast, I go with the former.

But Hamler has looked good.

Comment

Jerry Jeudy's Route Running Is Simply The Best I have ever seen from a Denver Broncos WR Ever ! I do not think it is Fair to even ask this Question because this is his 1st year in the League and Who has he had Throwing to Him 2 or 3 Different QB's hard to be on the same page when you have no clue who the QB is or just how good is the QB and no fair to him since we lost our True #1 in Sutton for the Year. The Rookie is Special BTW did you see that TD haul in the Jets game a Thing a Pure Beauty !!

Comment

Juedy has played a grand total of 4 games with HOW many QBs? None of which are Pro Bowl caliber (the jury is still out on Lock) or elite. It's wayyyyy to early for this discussion.

Comment

It's a bummer Sutton got hurt, putting more pressure on him. I think he will be a very good WR for us!!!

​​​

Comment

I remember similar discussion back in the day with DT and Dez. DT turned out pretty good.

Time will tell. However, we need to solidify the QB situation. That includes recognizing pressure.
                    sigpic

Comment

Juedy is open a lot! I will give Lamb his due he is playing excellent football right now. He is still not the go to guy in Dallas were as right now with Sutton hurt Juedy kind of is the main guy. Tim Patrick playing well should give Jeudy even more chances too. Jeudy is a tough guy too. I don't think his drops had anything to do with potentially getting hit, they were thinking about what I am going to do next instead of securing the ball first.

I like our choices, Hamler will be back.

Comment

I think it won't be measurable until we see a season not riddled with injuries and covid delays. Lamb has some seasoned vets throwing to him. Pitt guy does too. That makes a big difference vs catching passes from our guys who don't really have command of the offense yet, to include Lock. Running with JuJu or Thielan or Cooper is different than running as the instant, default #1 WR. It will turn around next year. Don't forget his Moss-esque jump ball TD. That's what Denver got as a added bonus to his route running. Kid is going to be good.

Comment

I wanted to draft Jeudy and my opinion of him was, and still is, there may be other WRs in this draft that end up being better than him but that Jeudy was the most "sure thing" and had the least bust potential. It's easy to bet the "field" in hindsight but the key is to make that pick at the time of the draft and a high floor is often as good as a high ceiling. Jeudy has a very high floor IMO.

Comment

I think before last weeks games Jeudy was the highest rated of the 3 so far. Not sure if anyone passed him while we sat.

Comment

It's too early to tell.

Lamb has had the biggest impact so far, but he's also on a team with an abundance of weapons where he gets the chance to go up against the opponent's #3CB each week. We'll see if he can keep it up with Dak sidelined.

It doesn't seem too long ago since everyone was patting Shanny on the back for taking Eddie Royal over DeSean Jackson.

Comment

Of the 4 games we have played 3 were against really good teams that are very well coached with lots of experience.

It should really be no surprise our rookies struggled. Lots of our young guys have been struggling. I just hope to see other guys get better like Ojemudia bounced back after Pitt.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X