X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

You criticized the team for chasing a guy because of his speed. They didn't do that. They went after a guy because he demonstrated an uncanny ability to get open, and he showed that ability as a rookie. I'll wait until he actually plays beyond his rookie season (paired up with our #1WR) to evaluate the kid.
    Local Denver media has made a couple of points. One is that Jeudy has had a lot of drops, as mentioned. On the other hand they also bring up how often Jeudy got open at the top of his routes. There was also the story about how Miami CB Xavien Howard (who lead the NFL in INTs) told how Jeudy completely turned him around like no other receiver has ever done and was surprised a rookie could do that to him. The next day the Dolphins receivers were all trying to replicate Jeudy's footwork in practice.

Jeudy's drops are concerning. However he also has a very special talent that also needs consideration.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

So it’s Locks fault that he placed the Ball in Juedys hands at least 10 times that Juedy dropped? Which easily could’ve put Juedy well over 1k his rookie year.

sometimes y’all try to hard to blame Lock.
    ​​​​​​
    Drew lock finished the season as the 40th ranked QB in terms of throwing catchable passes. In terms of drops, our team finished right near the middle of the pack.

One of these is league worst, one of these is average.
    Who is to blame for the league worst accuracy?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Eligible positions are X, Y, Z/40, FB/H-Back/20, RB/TB/30

Don't know what the breakdown on personnel packages is, but Denver used 12 personnel quite a bit, maybe the most. When Sutton and Omwuegbunam return, one might expect to see Sutton X, Fant Y, Jeudy Z, Okwuegbunam Y and Gordon RB as the top group. In that lineup, being able to motion Jeudy or Okwuegbunam is valuable IMO.
    In that package should be Okwuegbunam H.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

He was 0.7 within the top 40, so his speed was a factor. And, if he doesn't hold on to it, then he's not worth the pick in the 1st. Considering the Broncos record, he wasn't worth it. He's not a consistent game changer Heck, he's arguably lost games.. Also, his blocking absolutely sucks. Better to get a 4th rounder that's hungry for the position than a diva.
    You criticized the team for chasing a guy because of his speed. They didn't do that. They went after a guy because he demonstrated an uncanny ability to get open, and he showed that ability as a rookie. I'll wait until he actually plays beyond his rookie season (paired up with our #1WR) to evaluate the kid.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

He was 0.7 within the top 40, so his speed was a factor. And, if he doesn't hold on to it, then he's not worth the pick in the 1st. Considering the Broncos record, he wasn't worth it. He's not a consistent game changer Heck, he's arguably lost games.. Also, his blocking absolutely sucks. Better to get a 4th rounder that's hungry for the position than a diva.
    Tyreek Hill wasn’t a game changing WR his rookie year either. He was mainly a massive punt/kick return threat. He developed his route tree later on to become such a dangerous threat today.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The consistent thing is that the QB makes the receiver - and Lock does not help.
    So it’s Locks fault that he placed the Ball in Juedys hands at least 10 times that Juedy dropped? Which easily could’ve put Juedy well over 1k his rookie year.

sometimes y’all try to hard to blame Lock.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied

I say let's see how how pans out first. I am expecting 1,000 yds next season and 10-12 TD's. That will be more than good enough to justify his mid first round pick

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied

The consistent thing is that the QB makes the receiver - and Lock does not help.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

It wasn't his speed. It was his route running. And that showed up on the field in games for him as a rookie. The kid gets open. Yes, he had too many drops, but the kid gets open.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-02-2021, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    I was never big on the guy. His drop issues in college were a concern. Chasing a guy because of his speed smelled too much like Al Davis Raiders. Seemed kinda the diva to me, too. Did you guys see his video poking at Mike Evans' criticism of him? What a whiner. Shut up and speak with your performance.
    It wasn't his speed. It was his route running. And that showed up on the field in games for him as a rookie. The kid gets open. Yes, he had too many drops, but the kid gets open.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Eligible positions are X, Y, Z/40, FB/H-Back/20, RB/TB/30

Don't know what the breakdown on personnel packages is, but Denver used 12 personnel quite a bit, maybe the most. When Sutton and Omwuegbunam return, one might expect to see Sutton X, Fant Y, Jeudy Z, Okwuegbunam Y and Gordon RB as the top group. In that lineup, being able to motion Jeudy or Okwuegbunam is valuable IMO.
    Right. I had forgotten Al O at TE. In my mind that makes it better. That's what I want our base O to be.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

that could be a QB thing also. QBs throw balls at different speeds.
    Yes, Tua is a lefty so it could’ve exacerbated the issue

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Ultimately I preferred Lamb over everyone and would’ve like Reagor over Jeudy, but I understand why the team went with Jeudy. Lamb is similar to Sutton and Jeudy isn’t. Drops can be fixed, Reagor was plagued with drops in college but he only dropped 1 pass although he roughly half the targets of the other 2.

Jeudy just needs to work on his hand technique. I don’t think he has a grip issue, he just is either late with his hands or doesn’t bring them up the correct way to catch the ball. Yes this is something he should’ve been taught for years and maybe it speaks a bit on how coachable he is, but he’s also probably never been in a situation where it really mattered if he dropped the ball or not because he’s always been able to get open every single play and has always been the top target. And I still think his depth perception may play a role in it because he doesn’t always seem to read passes correctly.
    that could be a QB thing also. QBs throw balls at different speeds.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Ultimately I preferred Lamb over everyone and would’ve like Reagor over Jeudy, but I understand why the team went with Jeudy. Lamb is similar to Sutton and Jeudy isn’t. Drops can be fixed, Reagor was plagued with drops in college but he only dropped 1 pass although he roughly half the targets of the other 2.

Jeudy just needs to work on his hand technique. I don’t think he has a grip issue, he just is either late with his hands or doesn’t bring them up the correct way to catch the ball. Yes this is something he should’ve been taught for years and maybe it speaks a bit on how coachable he is, but he’s also probably never been in a situation where it really mattered if he dropped the ball or not because he’s always been able to get open every single play and has always been the top target. And I still think his depth perception may play a role in it because he doesn’t always seem to read passes correctly.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    The human brain isn't fully developed until you're 25yrs old. Jeudy is 21...he is young and gonna make bad decisions personality wise. As long as he improves and does good on the field, I don't care what his personality is or isn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X