X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockWarrior84
    Playmaker
    • Oct 2020

Jeudy has had 3 different QBs throwing to him. I am confident he will take off. Fant has drop issues his first few games and whole those off. I think Jeudy will do the same.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2010

Its time this Diva WR gets called out for his drops, and tweets.
      Shut up rookie, and prove yourself and catch the darn ball.

Comment

• mojo0730
        Football Immortal
        • Oct 2006

I remember fans debating this when we drafted DT and the Cowboys drafted Dez. There was a consensus at the time that the Broncos drafted the wrong WR too. While I certainly would never take a WR in the first round unless you're guaranteed that receiver to be the next Randy Moss, I think the DT/Dez debate favored the Broncos long-term.

Not saying that will happen again here but let's wait another season or two before we have this conversation.
        sigpic

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
          Ring of Famer
          • Oct 2017

Question is did we draft the wrong QB.
          Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Capt. Jack
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2010

He has dropped some beautiful passes and he has dropped some that are behind him. But being a diva wide receiver in your rookie year is not acceptable. I think he will turn into a very great receiver he just has to stop the Twitter feed. And the temper tantrums and the throwing of helmets xcetera.

Comment

• Starbroncs
              All-Pro
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              He has dropped some beautiful passes and he has dropped some that are behind him. But being a diva wide receiver in your rookie year is not acceptable. I think he will turn into a very great receiver he just has to stop the Twitter feed. And the temper tantrums and the throwing of helmets xcetera.
              I was nervous about him when I saw his interviews after the draft. Now I'm really afraid we spent our top pick on a diva we who will just be a cancer to this team.

Sutton, Patrick, and hamler would have been just fine and use the top pick somewhere else. Hindsight is always 20/20 though

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                Football Immortal
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

I was nervous about him when I saw his interviews after the draft. Now I'm really afraid we spent our top pick on a diva we who will just be a cancer to this team.

Sutton, Patrick, and hamler would have been just fine and use the top pick somewhere else. Hindsight is always 20/20 though
                I guess if he doesn't try to mash and then to propose to marry the kicking net Like OBJ, we will be ok????

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

As the ole saying goes.....it's still too early to know. In my opinion, the best WR so far is Jefferson.

I remember how many folks were talking about the big 3 - Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs, though a smaller group was looking at Jefferson as a possible 4th member. At the time I was thinking that maybe we could swing a deal and not take one of the "3" group, and instead, find a way to acquire Jefferson and a first round OT for example. My gut was that the "3" were getting so much attention that the 4th player. given his great resume, might end up to be the better choice including some draft capital.

Hey, it's easy now, and who knows what kind of deal we could have pulled off by dropping down a little and then fortifying with 2 firsts. But at this point in time, call it luck or not on my part, I wish we could have swung that type of deal.

But Jeudy is a really good young player, and his best days are ahead.

As for the draft....I know how hyped up the WR class was, but in the end, this draft class of receivers was amazing!!! When the top 3 are sometimes overshadowed a bit by the other WR selections - Claypool, Aiyuk, Pittman and more.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    As the ole saying goes.....it's still too early to know. In my opinion, the best WR so far is Jefferson.

I remember how many folks were talking about the big 3 - Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs, though a smaller group was looking at Jefferson as a possible 4th member. At the time I was thinking that maybe we could swing a deal and not take one of the "3" group, and instead, find a way to acquire Jefferson and a first round OT for example. My gut was that the "3" were getting so much attention that the 4th player. given his great resume, might end up to be the better choice including some draft capital.

Hey, it's easy now, and who knows what kind of deal we could have pulled off by dropping down a little and then fortifying with 2 firsts. But at this point in time, call it luck or not on my part, I wish we could have swung that type of deal.

But Jeudy is a really good young player, and his best days are ahead.

As for the draft....I know how hyped up the WR class was, but in the end, this draft class of receivers was amazing!!! When the top 3 are sometimes overshadowed a bit by the other WR selections - Claypool, Aiyuk, Pittman and more.
                    A lot of folks considered Jefferson and Claypool to be the same as Sutton. I remember ppl saying why have two Ed Macafferys when you could have him and a Rod Smith. Like Sutton, Jeudy will get a lot better, a lot, he just needs time to adjust.

I know those drops really hurt but his potential is so high, I’m willing to give him the time he needs, I just hope this doesn’t destroy his confidence. If Bolles can do it, then so could Jeudy even if Elway has to o find a WR guru like Daryl Drake. Go over pay, get the man here!

Jeudy has a lot of heart and just needs confidence and some support. He should get it, remember how Sutton fought CHJ in defense of Garret Bolles, there is some real heart among this young team, they just need to find some consistency and grow together!
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-28-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                      Football Immortal
                      • Oct 2010

So I guess it's kinda like Juedy needs to develop alot like Drew Lock needs to develop? We just need to be supportive of the young players I guess?

Comment

• Hadez
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2004

The kid has shown desire to get more targets. If I was the coaching staff there would be a list of drop rate for everyone targeted. Would even include easy drops and hard drops. Would than give Jerry a package labeled "Self Improvement Opportunities". Inside would be a video of all his drops this year. Would give him verbal feedback that if he wants more targets he needs to be more reliable.

I have seen a Teamster job be even more direct and sharing of information of employee names. The list would show number of errors and ability to maintain expected efficiency of job, It would also include the weekly bonus amount if the employee earned it.

Once the employees know where they stand...and that others are doing better...it is up to them to make the self improvement.

What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                        effort x talent = skill
                        effort x skill = achievement
                        How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• BroncoFanDK
                          All-Pro
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I remember fans debating this when we drafted DT and the Cowboys drafted Dez. There was a consensus at the time that the Broncos drafted the wrong WR too. While I certainly would never take a WR in the first round unless you're guaranteed that receiver to be the next Randy Moss, I think the DT/Dez debate favored the Broncos long-term.

Not saying that will happen again here but let's wait another season or two before we have this conversation.
                          No, there was absolutely not a consensus that Dez was the better choice! While McDaniels did right in getting 2 x 2s for BMarsh and not paying him insane money, it would have been idiotic to draft a diva WR. There were debates about the draft but not that many wanted Dez!

The thing is that it is the QB that has to make the WR great and not the other way around. Though DT with tebow lead the NFL in receiving in December and January (2011 season), it was not until Manning came in and tought him how to run routes that DT became elite. Our QB just do not have the mental level to lift the receivers.

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

A lot of folks considered Jefferson and Claypool to be the same as Sutton. I remember ppl saying why have two Ed Macafferys when you could have him and a Rod Smith. Like Sutton, Jeudy will get a lot better, a lot, he just needs time to adjust.

I know those drops really hurt but his potential is so high, I’m willing to give him the time he needs, I just hope this doesn’t destroy his confidence. If Bolles can do it, then so could Jeudy even if Elway has to o find a WR guru like Daryl Drake. Go over pay, get the man here!

Jeudy has a lot of heart and just needs confidence and some support. He should get it, remember how Sutton fought CHJ in defense of Garret Bolles, there is some real heart among this young team, they just need to find some consistency and grow together!
                            I am certainly not disappointed with Jeudy. As you say, he needs to develop as he should.

It just brought back my views back in the draft, and how I could see a home run deal by sacrificing one of the so called top 3, if the right deal was to be had. Trade back a little, to ensure Jefferson was likely to be there, and use the draft capital (ours plus the trade capital) to not only land Jefferson but another first rounder as well. I thought it was an opportunity that was emerging given the love affair with the top 3, and the reality that Jefferson was not really a decline in value....though it may have been perceived that way by some GMs.

Comment

• WYBRONCO
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2016

Justin Jefferson has has a good year, he should quit running his mouth too but Jefferson has played very well. Juedy was not drop prone in college any more so than Jefferson. Jeudy runs insanely good routes. Unfortunately he is in his own head right now. Its like watching Maverick try to fly after Goose dies in Top Gun. It may take an off-season to work with another vet to clear his head, but I think Jeudy will put in the work. A person isn't born naturally that runs routes that well, so I believe work ethic is not the issue.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2010

Its still year one lets re visit this thread once all the wrs had developed
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X