Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    I was never big on the guy. His drop issues in college were a concern. Chasing a guy because of his speed smelled too much like Al Davis Raiders. Seemed kinda the diva to me, too. Did you guys see his video poking at Mike Evans' criticism of him? What a whiner. Shut up and speak with your performance.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

14th in the league in 12 personnel plays (21%). 11 personnel 67%.
    Slightly above the league average for both personnel groups.

It's interesting to see the increase in 11 personnel/decrease in 21 personnel over the years. The league average for 11 personnel in 2008 was 34% - 2020 it was 60%. The league average for 21 personnel in 2008 was 23% - 2020 it was just 8%. Teams like the 49ers and Pats still run their 21 personnel group frequently, but almost every other team hardly use it.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Eligible positions are X, Y, Z/40, FB/H-Back/20, RB/TB/30

Don't know what the breakdown on personnel packages is, but Denver used 12 personnel quite a bit, maybe the most. When Sutton and Omwuegbunam return, one might expect to see Sutton X, Fant Y, Jeudy Z, Okwuegbunam Y and Gordon RB as the top group. In that lineup, being able to motion Jeudy or Okwuegbunam is valuable IMO.
    14th in the league in 12 personnel plays (21%). 11 personnel 67%.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Hmm. Sutton and Jeudy as WR#1 and WR#2. I liked Tim Patrick this year as the season went on but he's a 2021 RFA so Hamler as the #3WR and you swap him in and out with TE#2, which is Vannett right now because Fumagali and Butt are also RFA's. That would work. You can build an Offense around that.So, no, I can't say that they picked the wrong WR.
    Eligible positions are X, Y, Z/40, FB/H-Back/20, RB/TB/30

Don't know what the breakdown on personnel packages is, but Denver used 12 personnel quite a bit, maybe the most. When Sutton and Omwuegbunam return, one might expect to see Sutton X, Fant Y, Jeudy Z, Okwuegbunam Y and Gordon RB as the top group. In that lineup, being able to motion Jeudy or Okwuegbunam is valuable IMO.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    If Jeudy looked like a straight bum on the field, then this thread would be valid and it would be true that we took the wrong wide out. But Jeudy as a rookie looked like a player with insane potential. If he doesn't have that disastrous game against the Chargers and had a better QB, his numbers would likely be rookie of the year level.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    He was a good draft pick, quality WR! Just like any other young player he has to work hard on everything, to become a great NFL player.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I’ve changed my mind on Jeudy.

He could very well improve and become a very good player.

So my official stance is that the jury is still out on Judge Jeudy.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
    we need a QB first and no JJ will be a really good we esp when sutton returns him and patrick outside JJ and hamler in the slots with fant at TE that is a lot weapons...yes he has dropped way to many this year but he will only get better
    I had forgotten about Albert O earlier in the thread. I was so disappointed when he went out with an injury that apparently I had dismissed him without realizing it. Silly of me. I really, really want our OC to use our TE's more. He did do that a bit as the season went on and it worked. I think it helps Lock not only because QB's just generally do better with release valve types of options but because Lock does better scrambling with guys right in front of him. So I'll repeat it again for next season; #1WR Sutton, #2WR Jeudy, #1TE Fant, #2TE Albert O, and a single RB. Swap Hamler in as the #3WR in place of Albert O or in place of the RB two or three times a quarter on plays that are designed to get him in space. If Patrick and Vannett stick around then use them both as depth. We'll have more WR's and TE's than that on the roster, use them as depth as well.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    we need a QB first and no JJ will be a really good we esp when sutton returns him and patrick outside JJ and hamler in the slots with fant at TE that is a lot weapons...yes he has dropped way to many this year but he will only get better

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Yes so what. Who are you to "correct" fans on OPINIONS?

Here's another great example of changing an opinion into a fact. It is only your OPINION Jeudy is a "number 2" receiver, whatever that means. Then you take your opinion and turn it into a fact and construct your entire argument on a faulty premise. My opinion is, Jeudy has "#1" potential. And as I said earlier in this thread, IMO Jeudy may not end up being the best WR in this class, but he's the least likely to bust. This is my OPINION. Now you will pretend my opinion is an incorrect fact that you "must" correct, when in reality it's unprovable. You correct "opinions". I'll correct faulty logic and fallacies.
    Your ramblings here are a poor attempt I think to make an argument from authority, and to turn this conversation into something it wasn't, completely going away from where it started. I never said it is a fact, but I believe that is what his ceiling is, and at this point it is looking more than likely that I am right, who knows how it plays out though. This conversation that we were having however surrounded me quoting a statement you made where you said Jeudy was one of the best route runners in the NFL, I took exception to that and rightfully so. You then went on to mention outlier examples of Hall of Fame guys with drop issues who corrected them, before saying it was absurd to make final judgements on Jeudy which I clearly didn't and pointed out.

Sorry if I attempted to "correct" you, but when we are discussing a player on a discussion forum and the discussion turns to statements of as you would say, "faulty logic and falacies", I am always going to tend to try and correct that. How ironic though for you to mention "faulty logic and fallacies" when you think about the statement which started mine and yours discussion, cute

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    No, they did not draft the wrong receiver....they drafted a stud and the next dozen years will prove it
    Spot On !!

Leave a comment:

• Tdeng88
    replied
    I think Judy's biggest issue this year was adjusting to the velocity in which lock delivers the ball. I think if they put in the time and effort they can correct this issue. Lock can put more touch on the ball and jeudy just getting more reps and chemistry with his new QB.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Doesn't change the value of taking a number 2 receiver that high. I think if he becomes Calvin Ridley, a better comparison to anyone else both coming out skill wise, and projection wise, it will be a win. But something fans always love to do, pick the outlier comparison of a guy with similar struggles early and attach it to one guy who became successful. If you want to play that game when projecting a struggling rookie, you will find the drop issues of most guys early doesn't lead to elite level projection like Davante Adams.

Also, Adams coming out was regarded as a guy who could beat the press and didn't have that issue that Jeudy had due to his thin frame. Adams from memory was regarded as a natural hands catcher who just had some drops early on, something Jeudy wasn't. I would say skill-wise early on they were not alike at all and the comparison is actually horrible outside of some drop issues early. The issues of the 2 players and the reasons for the subsequent drops really doesn't actually compare, not a good comparison.
    Here's another great example of changing an opinion into a fact. It is only your OPINION Jeudy is a "number 2" receiver, whatever that means. Then you take your opinion and turn it into a fact and construct your entire argument on a faulty premise. My opinion is, Jeudy has "#1" potential. And as I said earlier in this thread, IMO Jeudy may not end up being the best WR in this class, but he's the least likely to bust. This is my OPINION. Now you will pretend my opinion is an incorrect fact that you "must" correct, when in reality it's unprovable. You correct "opinions". I'll correct faulty logic and fallacies.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Who made a final judgement on Jeudy ? I just mentioned the issues evident at Alabama are what we are seeing right now. I have constantly said I think Jeudy will be fine, I see his ceiling as a good number 2 with Calvin Ridley being the best we can hope for, that is reasonable but not guaranteed either.

But what I said doesn't change regardless of what his career turns into. Jeudy is a guy you see every year enter the NFL draft, he wasn't an elite home run prospect like people seem to be alluding to with these grandiose claims of him being top 5 in other situations, or being the best route runner in the league, that is absurd no matter how you try to spin it off.

PS: So what ? Correcting fans ? This is a discussion forum and when you are having a discussion trying to make your point, and you say something completely left field and made up, I think it is more than reasonable to point that out as irrelevant to what you are trying to say.
    Yes so what. Who are you to "correct" fans on OPINIONS?

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Hmm. Sutton and Jeudy as WR#1 and WR#2. I liked Tim Patrick this year as the season went on but he's a 2021 RFA so Hamler as the #3WR and you swap him in and out with TE#2, which is Vannett right now because Fumagali and Butt are also RFA's. That would work. You can build an Offense around that.So, no, I can't say that they picked the wrong WR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X