No announcement yet.

Did we draft the wrong WR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Jeudy had a glaring weakness in college, it was his suspect hands - not only the 10 drops in 2018-2019, but also the bobbling catches. I doubt this issue will ever stop being part of his game. That's why I'd rather have CeeDee Lamb, great hands and body control. Some said he was too much like Sutton, but I'd love to have two WRs like Sutton for a QB like Lock. I'll take great hands and good route running over great route running and stone hands. Can't deny that Jeudy was considered good value at #15 based on the draft analysts, but the guys I follow [Dane Brugler, Daniel Jeremiah, Lance Zierlein] all had Lamb #1 and pointed out Jeudy's catching problems.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      Its still year one lets re visit this thread once all the wrs had developed
      Can you please coordinate the group meeting when that happens?

Comment

I was mocked for my take that we did, and that take was that Jefferson was better, not Ruggs, and he is. I was also mocked for saying Jeudy has issues beating the press and with drops, and he had an uphill battle, he has. I was okay with the pick but I couldn't see the value in adding a number 2 receiver that high, and I don't see Jeudy ever being more than that. Jeudy needs to get stronger, but I am finding him hard to like after he made comments about not getting targets, then we he does he costs us a game. He will be good in the future, but blaming Lock and Shurmur for his underdeveloped body not being able to beat a press, and his hands which can't grip a ball is wrong, Jeudy just isn't that great right now.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          If Jeudy had a glaring weakness in college, it was his suspect hands - not only the 10 drops in 2018-2019, but also the bobbling catches. I doubt this issue will ever stop being part of his game. That's why I'd rather have CeeDee Lamb, great hands and body control. Some said he was too much like Sutton, but I'd love to have two WRs like Sutton for a QB like Lock. I'll take great hands and good route running over great route running and stone hands. Can't deny that Jeudy was considered good value at #15 based on the draft analysts, but the guys I follow [Dane Brugler, Daniel Jeremiah, Lance Zierlein] all had Lamb #1 and pointed out Jeudy's catching problems.
          Watching Jeudy I can’t say for sure what it is. Some throws it looks like he has a depth perception issue and doesn’t know how close or far the ball actually is. Other plays it looks like he doesn’t know what to do with his hands to catch the ball. Some of the drops looked like he didn’t know how to position his hands or really his thumbs. That’s concerning given that he’s been a WR for awhile. I can’t imagine that he’s never had a coach try to teach him proper hand technique especially since he went to Alabama.

It’s correctable but he has to want to correct it and he has to be able to take the criticism that’s going to come with him attempting to correct it. What made me really mad though was the deep post that he didn’t reach out for, not the one he dropped although that did make me mad as well. He could’ve dove and tried to catch, it really looked like if he just reached out he would’ve got his hands on it. That’s a lack of effort and that’s unacceptable. And again it was strange to see because up to that point he turned his effort up after the first few drops. He had some incredible releases against press and ran some of his best routes all season but at that critical moment he let off the gas.

Comment

Should've shored up the o-line. The Raiders' formula doesn't work.

Comment

I think if Jerry was on the 2014 team he would be breaking records....assuming he could catch the ball. His skill sets are like Wes Welkers...except faster and quicker...and maybe worse hands.

It is easier for a WR who can go deep and catch deep balls. Not much really needs to be done by the QB except deliver the ball or by the OC except call the play.

For a WR like Jerry the OC and QB need to be little more of chess players and creative with their play calling / execution to allow Jerry to shine. There are offenses Jerry would have shined in this year...assuming he can get over his hands issue. I think the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Bucs, Packers and a few other teams would have done a lot more with Jerry than Shurmur and Lock did.

Maybe we can do better with the off season in 2021
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Watching Jeudy I can’t say for sure what it is. Some throws it looks like he has a depth perception issue and doesn’t know how close or far the ball actually is. Other plays it looks like he doesn’t know what to do with his hands to catch the ball....

It’s correctable...
                Yeah let's give him another year. But Lock's a bust, so toss him. LOL

Comment

Jeudy’s issues or more mental than physical. In the presser yesterday, he owned up to responsibility and acknowledged that he has to be better. I am curious how he will respond this week?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    I think if Jerry was on the 2014 team he would be breaking records....
                    Is there a record for running down the field? You have to hold on to the ball for it to be considered a reception.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Yeah let's give him another year. But Lock's a bust, so toss him. LOL
                      Dude you are talking in circles. Say what you feel.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Dude you are talking in circles. Say what you feel.
                        How am I talking in circles? Explain.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                          Jeudy’s issues or more mental than physical. In the presser yesterday, he owned up to responsibility and acknowledged that he has to be better. I am curious how he will respond this week?
                          In what way? He is too skinny and not very strong, a glaring weakness and projected issue that was always going to exist in the NFL, that is physical. Look at his drops and again the scouting report from his time at Bama, he is not a natural hands catcher, he struggles with it and always has, physical. I think his 2 biggest issues are actually both physical as opposed to mental, I don't even know what you would say his mental issue is ? Inflated opinion of self who thinks he should get more targets than fails to deliver when he does ? Not very clutch ? His drops were at terrible times yesterday which cost the win, so maybe that.

Comment

Jeudy has an issue he will likely grill himself about in the offseason. The guy has clear talent and can be very effective...but all of that means nothing if you don't make the catch. He's a rookie so clearly we will see what happens next season and with Sutton on the field as well...but if I was Denver I'd put Jerry in the slot and generally keep him there. We play Hamler in the slot, but I'd much rather see how the offense looks with Sutton and Patrick on the outside and Jerry in the slot. He's a small guy in comparison to most number 2s in the league, so he shouldn't be a number 2.

Something I noticed in last night's game was that his speed is a double aged sword. He moves so fast that it effects his ability to catch, we saw that in the final drive. He doesn't make that catch and almost hurt himself, mostly because he was moving too fast.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'll continue to rag on him for drops until the issue goes away but the kid can get open at will against all but the best DB's out there as a rookie. That's pretty special and he has shown that he was worth the pick.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                                I'll continue to rag on him for drops until the issue goes away but the kid can get open at will against all but the best DB's out there as a rookie. That's pretty special and he has shown that he was worth the pick.
                                Good point

When compared against other WRs on the team Jerry has the most yards, 2nd in receptions by 2. Patrick beats him in receptions (49 vs 47) and TD (6 vs 2) but Jerry has the edge on first down catches. Jerry also leads the team on average yards per reception. The big number to me that separates our top two WRs this year...Jerry got his numbers on 106 targets....Patrick got his with 75 targets.

This whole narrative on Jerry may change if he starts being more reliable with catches.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X