• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Yeah let's give him another year. But Lock's a bust, so toss him. LOL
    Dude you are talking in circles. Say what you feel.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I think if Jerry was on the 2014 team he would be breaking records....
    Is there a record for running down the field? You have to hold on to the ball for it to be considered a reception.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Jeudy’s issues or more mental than physical. In the presser yesterday, he owned up to responsibility and acknowledged that he has to be better. I am curious how he will respond this week?

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Watching Jeudy I can’t say for sure what it is. Some throws it looks like he has a depth perception issue and doesn’t know how close or far the ball actually is. Other plays it looks like he doesn’t know what to do with his hands to catch the ball....

It’s correctable...
    Yeah let's give him another year. But Lock's a bust, so toss him. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I think if Jerry was on the 2014 team he would be breaking records....assuming he could catch the ball. His skill sets are like Wes Welkers...except faster and quicker...and maybe worse hands.

It is easier for a WR who can go deep and catch deep balls. Not much really needs to be done by the QB except deliver the ball or by the OC except call the play.

For a WR like Jerry the OC and QB need to be little more of chess players and creative with their play calling / execution to allow Jerry to shine. There are offenses Jerry would have shined in this year...assuming he can get over his hands issue. I think the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Bucs, Packers and a few other teams would have done a lot more with Jerry than Shurmur and Lock did.

Maybe we can do better with the off season in 2021

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Should've shored up the o-line. The Raiders' formula doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    If Jeudy had a glaring weakness in college, it was his suspect hands - not only the 10 drops in 2018-2019, but also the bobbling catches. I doubt this issue will ever stop being part of his game. That's why I'd rather have CeeDee Lamb, great hands and body control. Some said he was too much like Sutton, but I'd love to have two WRs like Sutton for a QB like Lock. I'll take great hands and good route running over great route running and stone hands. Can't deny that Jeudy was considered good value at #15 based on the draft analysts, but the guys I follow [Dane Brugler, Daniel Jeremiah, Lance Zierlein] all had Lamb #1 and pointed out Jeudy's catching problems.
    Watching Jeudy I can’t say for sure what it is. Some throws it looks like he has a depth perception issue and doesn’t know how close or far the ball actually is. Other plays it looks like he doesn’t know what to do with his hands to catch the ball. Some of the drops looked like he didn’t know how to position his hands or really his thumbs. That’s concerning given that he’s been a WR for awhile. I can’t imagine that he’s never had a coach try to teach him proper hand technique especially since he went to Alabama.

It’s correctable but he has to want to correct it and he has to be able to take the criticism that’s going to come with him attempting to correct it. What made me really mad though was the deep post that he didn’t reach out for, not the one he dropped although that did make me mad as well. He could’ve dove and tried to catch, it really looked like if he just reached out he would’ve got his hands on it. That’s a lack of effort and that’s unacceptable. And again it was strange to see because up to that point he turned his effort up after the first few drops. He had some incredible releases against press and ran some of his best routes all season but at that critical moment he let off the gas.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    I was mocked for my take that we did, and that take was that Jefferson was better, not Ruggs, and he is. I was also mocked for saying Jeudy has issues beating the press and with drops, and he had an uphill battle, he has. I was okay with the pick but I couldn't see the value in adding a number 2 receiver that high, and I don't see Jeudy ever being more than that. Jeudy needs to get stronger, but I am finding him hard to like after he made comments about not getting targets, then we he does he costs us a game. He will be good in the future, but blaming Lock and Shurmur for his underdeveloped body not being able to beat a press, and his hands which can't grip a ball is wrong, Jeudy just isn't that great right now.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Its still year one lets re visit this thread once all the wrs had developed
    Can you please coordinate the group meeting when that happens?

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    If Jeudy had a glaring weakness in college, it was his suspect hands - not only the 10 drops in 2018-2019, but also the bobbling catches. I doubt this issue will ever stop being part of his game. That's why I'd rather have CeeDee Lamb, great hands and body control. Some said he was too much like Sutton, but I'd love to have two WRs like Sutton for a QB like Lock. I'll take great hands and good route running over great route running and stone hands. Can't deny that Jeudy was considered good value at #15 based on the draft analysts, but the guys I follow [Dane Brugler, Daniel Jeremiah, Lance Zierlein] all had Lamb #1 and pointed out Jeudy's catching problems.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Its still year one lets re visit this thread once all the wrs had developed

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    Justin Jefferson has has a good year, he should quit running his mouth too but Jefferson has played very well. Juedy was not drop prone in college any more so than Jefferson. Jeudy runs insanely good routes. Unfortunately he is in his own head right now. Its like watching Maverick try to fly after Goose dies in Top Gun. It may take an off-season to work with another vet to clear his head, but I think Jeudy will put in the work. A person isn't born naturally that runs routes that well, so I believe work ethic is not the issue.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

A lot of folks considered Jefferson and Claypool to be the same as Sutton. I remember ppl saying why have two Ed Macafferys when you could have him and a Rod Smith. Like Sutton, Jeudy will get a lot better, a lot, he just needs time to adjust.

I know those drops really hurt but his potential is so high, I’m willing to give him the time he needs, I just hope this doesn’t destroy his confidence. If Bolles can do it, then so could Jeudy even if Elway has to o find a WR guru like Daryl Drake. Go over pay, get the man here!

Jeudy has a lot of heart and just needs confidence and some support. He should get it, remember how Sutton fought CHJ in defense of Garret Bolles, there is some real heart among this young team, they just need to find some consistency and grow together!
    I am certainly not disappointed with Jeudy. As you say, he needs to develop as he should.

It just brought back my views back in the draft, and how I could see a home run deal by sacrificing one of the so called top 3, if the right deal was to be had. Trade back a little, to ensure Jefferson was likely to be there, and use the draft capital (ours plus the trade capital) to not only land Jefferson but another first rounder as well. I thought it was an opportunity that was emerging given the love affair with the top 3, and the reality that Jefferson was not really a decline in value....though it may have been perceived that way by some GMs.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I remember fans debating this when we drafted DT and the Cowboys drafted Dez. There was a consensus at the time that the Broncos drafted the wrong WR too. While I certainly would never take a WR in the first round unless you're guaranteed that receiver to be the next Randy Moss, I think the DT/Dez debate favored the Broncos long-term.

Not saying that will happen again here but let's wait another season or two before we have this conversation.
    No, there was absolutely not a consensus that Dez was the better choice! While McDaniels did right in getting 2 x 2s for BMarsh and not paying him insane money, it would have been idiotic to draft a diva WR. There were debates about the draft but not that many wanted Dez!

The thing is that it is the QB that has to make the WR great and not the other way around. Though DT with tebow lead the NFL in receiving in December and January (2011 season), it was not until Manning came in and tought him how to run routes that DT became elite. Our QB just do not have the mental level to lift the receivers.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    The kid has shown desire to get more targets. If I was the coaching staff there would be a list of drop rate for everyone targeted. Would even include easy drops and hard drops. Would than give Jerry a package labeled "Self Improvement Opportunities". Inside would be a video of all his drops this year. Would give him verbal feedback that if he wants more targets he needs to be more reliable.

I have seen a Teamster job be even more direct and sharing of information of employee names. The list would show number of errors and ability to maintain expected efficiency of job, It would also include the weekly bonus amount if the employee earned it.

Once the employees know where they stand...and that others are doing better...it is up to them to make the self improvement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X