Did we draft the wrong WR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Yes so what. Who are you to "correct" fans on OPINIONS?

Here's another great example of changing an opinion into a fact. It is only your OPINION Jeudy is a "number 2" receiver, whatever that means. Then you take your opinion and turn it into a fact and construct your entire argument on a faulty premise. My opinion is, Jeudy has "#1" potential. And as I said earlier in this thread, IMO Jeudy may not end up being the best WR in this class, but he's the least likely to bust. This is my OPINION. Now you will pretend my opinion is an incorrect fact that you "must" correct, when in reality it's unprovable. You correct "opinions". I'll correct faulty logic and fallacies.
    Your ramblings here are a poor attempt I think to make an argument from authority, and to turn this conversation into something it wasn't, completely going away from where it started. I never said it is a fact, but I believe that is what his ceiling is, and at this point it is looking more than likely that I am right, who knows how it plays out though. This conversation that we were having however surrounded me quoting a statement you made where you said Jeudy was one of the best route runners in the NFL, I took exception to that and rightfully so. You then went on to mention outlier examples of Hall of Fame guys with drop issues who corrected them, before saying it was absurd to make final judgements on Jeudy which I clearly didn't and pointed out.

Sorry if I attempted to "correct" you, but when we are discussing a player on a discussion forum and the discussion turns to statements of as you would say, "faulty logic and falacies", I am always going to tend to try and correct that. How ironic though for you to mention "faulty logic and fallacies" when you think about the statement which started mine and yours discussion, cute

Comment

• we need a QB first and no JJ will be a really good we esp when sutton returns him and patrick outside JJ and hamler in the slots with fant at TE that is a lot weapons...yes he has dropped way to many this year but he will only get better

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
        we need a QB first and no JJ will be a really good we esp when sutton returns him and patrick outside JJ and hamler in the slots with fant at TE that is a lot weapons...yes he has dropped way to many this year but he will only get better
        I had forgotten about Albert O earlier in the thread. I was so disappointed when he went out with an injury that apparently I had dismissed him without realizing it. Silly of me. I really, really want our OC to use our TE's more. He did do that a bit as the season went on and it worked. I think it helps Lock not only because QB's just generally do better with release valve types of options but because Lock does better scrambling with guys right in front of him. So I'll repeat it again for next season; #1WR Sutton, #2WR Jeudy, #1TE Fant, #2TE Albert O, and a single RB. Swap Hamler in as the #3WR in place of Albert O or in place of the RB two or three times a quarter on plays that are designed to get him in space. If Patrick and Vannett stick around then use them both as depth. We'll have more WR's and TE's than that on the roster, use them as depth as well.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• I’ve changed my mind on Jeudy.

He could very well improve and become a very good player.

So my official stance is that the jury is still out on Judge Jeudy.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• He was a good draft pick, quality WR! Just like any other young player he has to work hard on everything, to become a great NFL player.

Comment

• If Jeudy looked like a straight bum on the field, then this thread would be valid and it would be true that we took the wrong wide out. But Jeudy as a rookie looked like a player with insane potential. If he doesn't have that disastrous game against the Chargers and had a better QB, his numbers would likely be rookie of the year level.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Hmm. Sutton and Jeudy as WR#1 and WR#2. I liked Tim Patrick this year as the season went on but he's a 2021 RFA so Hamler as the #3WR and you swap him in and out with TE#2, which is Vannett right now because Fumagali and Butt are also RFA's. That would work. You can build an Offense around that.So, no, I can't say that they picked the wrong WR.
                Eligible positions are X, Y, Z/40, FB/H-Back/20, RB/TB/30

Don't know what the breakdown on personnel packages is, but Denver used 12 personnel quite a bit, maybe the most. When Sutton and Omwuegbunam return, one might expect to see Sutton X, Fant Y, Jeudy Z, Okwuegbunam Y and Gordon RB as the top group. In that lineup, being able to motion Jeudy or Okwuegbunam is valuable IMO.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Don't know what the breakdown on personnel packages is, but Denver used 12 personnel quite a bit, maybe the most. When Sutton and Omwuegbunam return, one might expect to see Sutton X, Fant Y, Jeudy Z, Okwuegbunam Y and Gordon RB as the top group. In that lineup, being able to motion Jeudy or Okwuegbunam is valuable IMO.
                  14th in the league in 12 personnel plays (21%). 11 personnel 67%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

14th in the league in 12 personnel plays (21%). 11 personnel 67%.
                    Slightly above the league average for both personnel groups.

It's interesting to see the increase in 11 personnel/decrease in 21 personnel over the years. The league average for 11 personnel in 2008 was 34% - 2020 it was 60%. The league average for 21 personnel in 2008 was 23% - 2020 it was just 8%. Teams like the 49ers and Pats still run their 21 personnel group frequently, but almost every other team hardly use it.

Comment

• I was never big on the guy. His drop issues in college were a concern. Chasing a guy because of his speed smelled too much like Al Davis Raiders. Seemed kinda the diva to me, too. Did you guys see his video poking at Mike Evans' criticism of him? What a whiner. Shut up and speak with your performance.

Comment

• The human brain isn't fully developed until you're 25yrs old. Jeudy is 21...he is young and gonna make bad decisions personality wise. As long as he improves and does good on the field, I don't care what his personality is or isn't.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Ultimately I preferred Lamb over everyone and would’ve like Reagor over Jeudy, but I understand why the team went with Jeudy. Lamb is similar to Sutton and Jeudy isn’t. Drops can be fixed, Reagor was plagued with drops in college but he only dropped 1 pass although he roughly half the targets of the other 2.

Jeudy just needs to work on his hand technique. I don’t think he has a grip issue, he just is either late with his hands or doesn’t bring them up the correct way to catch the ball. Yes this is something he should’ve been taught for years and maybe it speaks a bit on how coachable he is, but he’s also probably never been in a situation where it really mattered if he dropped the ball or not because he’s always been able to get open every single play and has always been the top target. And I still think his depth perception may play a role in it because he doesn’t always seem to read passes correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Ultimately I preferred Lamb over everyone and would’ve like Reagor over Jeudy, but I understand why the team went with Jeudy. Lamb is similar to Sutton and Jeudy isn’t. Drops can be fixed, Reagor was plagued with drops in college but he only dropped 1 pass although he roughly half the targets of the other 2.

Jeudy just needs to work on his hand technique. I don’t think he has a grip issue, he just is either late with his hands or doesn’t bring them up the correct way to catch the ball. Yes this is something he should’ve been taught for years and maybe it speaks a bit on how coachable he is, but he’s also probably never been in a situation where it really mattered if he dropped the ball or not because he’s always been able to get open every single play and has always been the top target. And I still think his depth perception may play a role in it because he doesn’t always seem to read passes correctly.
                            that could be a QB thing also. QBs throw balls at different speeds.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

that could be a QB thing also. QBs throw balls at different speeds.
                              Yes, Tua is a lefty so it could’ve exacerbated the issue

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Right. I had forgotten Al O at TE. In my mind that makes it better. That's what I want our base O to be.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X