Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    So I guess it's kinda like Juedy needs to develop alot like Drew Lock needs to develop? We just need to be supportive of the young players I guess?

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    As the ole saying goes.....it's still too early to know. In my opinion, the best WR so far is Jefferson.

I remember how many folks were talking about the big 3 - Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs, though a smaller group was looking at Jefferson as a possible 4th member. At the time I was thinking that maybe we could swing a deal and not take one of the "3" group, and instead, find a way to acquire Jefferson and a first round OT for example. My gut was that the "3" were getting so much attention that the 4th player. given his great resume, might end up to be the better choice including some draft capital.

Hey, it's easy now, and who knows what kind of deal we could have pulled off by dropping down a little and then fortifying with 2 firsts. But at this point in time, call it luck or not on my part, I wish we could have swung that type of deal.

But Jeudy is a really good young player, and his best days are ahead.

As for the draft....I know how hyped up the WR class was, but in the end, this draft class of receivers was amazing!!! When the top 3 are sometimes overshadowed a bit by the other WR selections - Claypool, Aiyuk, Pittman and more.
    A lot of folks considered Jefferson and Claypool to be the same as Sutton. I remember ppl saying why have two Ed Macafferys when you could have him and a Rod Smith. Like Sutton, Jeudy will get a lot better, a lot, he just needs time to adjust.

I know those drops really hurt but his potential is so high, I’m willing to give him the time he needs, I just hope this doesn’t destroy his confidence. If Bolles can do it, then so could Jeudy even if Elway has to o find a WR guru like Daryl Drake. Go over pay, get the man here!

Jeudy has a lot of heart and just needs confidence and some support. He should get it, remember how Sutton fought CHJ in defense of Garret Bolles, there is some real heart among this young team, they just need to find some consistency and grow together!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-28-2020, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    As the ole saying goes.....it's still too early to know. In my opinion, the best WR so far is Jefferson.

I remember how many folks were talking about the big 3 - Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs, though a smaller group was looking at Jefferson as a possible 4th member. At the time I was thinking that maybe we could swing a deal and not take one of the "3" group, and instead, find a way to acquire Jefferson and a first round OT for example. My gut was that the "3" were getting so much attention that the 4th player. given his great resume, might end up to be the better choice including some draft capital.

Hey, it's easy now, and who knows what kind of deal we could have pulled off by dropping down a little and then fortifying with 2 firsts. But at this point in time, call it luck or not on my part, I wish we could have swung that type of deal.

But Jeudy is a really good young player, and his best days are ahead.

As for the draft....I know how hyped up the WR class was, but in the end, this draft class of receivers was amazing!!! When the top 3 are sometimes overshadowed a bit by the other WR selections - Claypool, Aiyuk, Pittman and more.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2020, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

I was nervous about him when I saw his interviews after the draft. Now I'm really afraid we spent our top pick on a diva we who will just be a cancer to this team.

Sutton, Patrick, and hamler would have been just fine and use the top pick somewhere else. Hindsight is always 20/20 though
    I guess if he doesn't try to mash and then to propose to marry the kicking net Like OBJ, we will be ok????

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He has dropped some beautiful passes and he has dropped some that are behind him. But being a diva wide receiver in your rookie year is not acceptable. I think he will turn into a very great receiver he just has to stop the Twitter feed. And the temper tantrums and the throwing of helmets xcetera.
    I was nervous about him when I saw his interviews after the draft. Now I'm really afraid we spent our top pick on a diva we who will just be a cancer to this team.

Sutton, Patrick, and hamler would have been just fine and use the top pick somewhere else. Hindsight is always 20/20 though

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    He has dropped some beautiful passes and he has dropped some that are behind him. But being a diva wide receiver in your rookie year is not acceptable. I think he will turn into a very great receiver he just has to stop the Twitter feed. And the temper tantrums and the throwing of helmets xcetera.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Question is did we draft the wrong QB.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I remember fans debating this when we drafted DT and the Cowboys drafted Dez. There was a consensus at the time that the Broncos drafted the wrong WR too. While I certainly would never take a WR in the first round unless you're guaranteed that receiver to be the next Randy Moss, I think the DT/Dez debate favored the Broncos long-term.

Not saying that will happen again here but let's wait another season or two before we have this conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Its time this Diva WR gets called out for his drops, and tweets.
    Shut up rookie, and prove yourself and catch the darn ball.

Leave a comment:

• RockWarrior84
    replied
    Jeudy has had 3 different QBs throwing to him. I am confident he will take off. Fant has drop issues his first few games and whole those off. I think Jeudy will do the same.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Of the 4 games we have played 3 were against really good teams that are very well coached with lots of experience.

It should really be no surprise our rookies struggled. Lots of our young guys have been struggling. I just hope to see other guys get better like Ojemudia bounced back after Pitt.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    It's too early to tell.

Lamb has had the biggest impact so far, but he's also on a team with an abundance of weapons where he gets the chance to go up against the opponent's #3CB each week. We'll see if he can keep it up with Dak sidelined.

It doesn't seem too long ago since everyone was patting Shanny on the back for taking Eddie Royal over DeSean Jackson.

Leave a comment:

• maaskesr
    replied
    I think before last weeks games Jeudy was the highest rated of the 3 so far. Not sure if anyone passed him while we sat.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    I wanted to draft Jeudy and my opinion of him was, and still is, there may be other WRs in this draft that end up being better than him but that Jeudy was the most "sure thing" and had the least bust potential. It's easy to bet the "field" in hindsight but the key is to make that pick at the time of the draft and a high floor is often as good as a high ceiling. Jeudy has a very high floor IMO.

Leave a comment:

• donnyrides
    replied
    I think it won't be measurable until we see a season not riddled with injuries and covid delays. Lamb has some seasoned vets throwing to him. Pitt guy does too. That makes a big difference vs catching passes from our guys who don't really have command of the offense yet, to include Lock. Running with JuJu or Thielan or Cooper is different than running as the instant, default #1 WR. It will turn around next year. Don't forget his Moss-esque jump ball TD. That's what Denver got as a added bonus to his route running. Kid is going to be good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X