Fangio says postponement ‘identifies the whiners’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fangio says postponement ‘identifies the whiners’

The presser is on DenverBroncos.com . I thought it was interesting how much he talked about how the NFLPA is heavily involved in decisions about games being moved.

Link to presser

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ise-and-adjust

Here is some of what he said

“In a weird way, I’m really happy it’s happening for our team. It identifies the whiners — who are the whiners. Who can’t handle adversity? Who gets hijacked by inconveniences? We don’t want those guys. We want people who deal with this without the whining, who take this inconvenience as an opportunity to get better.”

“All of this stuff is going to seem unfair when you’re initially hit with it,” Fangio said via transcript released by the Broncos. “We’ve prepared for a game and the game first got moved for one day but now it’s getting moved totally. So, yeah it’s going to seem unfair and you’re going to ask, ‘Why are we doing this?’

“My message to them and to anybody is that we were inconvenienced by this — but it easily could have been turned around where we had the positive test and the Patriots were inconvenienced by it,” he said. “I’m happy that the positive tests weren’t in our building but I’m under no illusion that at some point we might have a positive test or two and be the cause of a game getting moved down the road.

“We’re all in this together,” said Fangio. “The entire league is. We compete like hell on Sundays to beat each other but ultimately we’re all in on this thing together. It doesn’t matter who’s at fault or who has the positive tests, we all just have to deal with it.”
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

I hope it also identifies "the winners".

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I hope it also identifies "the winners".

LOL LOL 2 Funny !!

Comment

That overrated safety everyone wanted to pay 15 plus million a year too was whinging on his little twitter feed about it.

Comment

I actually understand both sides of the argument.

On one hand, I doubt anyone here is guilty-free of complaining or whining about something relating to Covid-19 that's impacted our everyday lives, so I don't fault the players for having the initial reaction they had in losing the bye week. All we know is what's in our world and if something negatively disrupts that, regardless if it's impacting someone far more negatively you're going to have a naturally human reaction to it.

On the other hand, Fangio is absolutely right in that it's time to buckle down, deal with it, and move on. Whining isn't going to solve or change anything.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            I actually understand both sides of the argument.

On one hand, I doubt anyone here is guilty-free of complaining or whining about something relating to Covid-19 that's impacted our everyday lives, so I don't fault the players for having the initial reaction they had in losing the bye week. All we know is what's in our world and if something negatively disrupts that, regardless if it's impacting someone far more negatively you're going to have a naturally human reaction to it.

On the other hand, Fangio is absolutely right in that it's time to buckle down, deal with it, and move on. Whining isn't going to solve or change anything.
            I like what Fangio said a lot in his 2nd quote in the OP. Yea it does feel unfair at first. Think that is a natural human reaction.

We as fans and the media can dwell on that feeling of unfairness if we want to. I do not think Vic directed his whiner comment to fans and media. Players and coaches on the other hand....the players and coaches need to get over it asap and win a game. Someone good at managing their human side can even use the emotions being felt towards NE to fuel them in preparing to beat NE.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              That overrated safety everyone wanted to pay 15 plus million a year too was whinging on his little twitter feed about it.
              As was Shelby Harris and a few others were as well I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I like what Fangio said a lot in his 2nd quote in the OP. Yea it does feel unfair at first. Think that is a natural human reaction.

We as fans and the media can dwell on that feeling of unfairness if we want to. I do not think Vic directed his whiner comment to fans and media. Players and coaches on the other hand....the players and coaches need to get over it asap and win a game. Someone good at managing their human side can even use the emotions being felt towards NE to fuel them in preparing to beat NE.
                Right. One of the most important things coaches must learn is how to keep the team focused. One way to do that is to ignore or disregard distractions. IMO Vic Fangio handled the scheduling issue correctly. The best coaches teach their staff and players to expect chaos and learn to adapt, improvise and overcome adversity. Broncos organization has done an excellent job, so far, of preventing covid.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  The presser is on DenverBroncos.com . I thought it was interesting how much he talked about how the NFLPA is heavily involved in decisions about games being moved.

Link to presser

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ise-and-adjust

Here is some of what he said

Vic is spot on. The Patriots are at the mercy of the league's Covid protocols and this likely would have ended in much a similar way - but to whine about it when everybody league wide is dealing with similar issues or the very possibly outbreak not to mention all the freaking injuries this year. Has Vic whined? Nope.

That's a leader. Head up, shoulders back, keep pressing on even when it hurts; that's your job.

Hey Patriots, do your job!

Comment

Working...
                  X