Gordon DUI charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Yeah that’d nice. Elway just needs to stop signing free agents, nearly every free agent signed has ended up being a disaster.
    I am not sure how that is supposed to work.

These numbers do not account for any cuts that were made that were FAs signed back in March or the expanded practice squad, etc., but on average nearly 17 free agent players were signed per team. Some teams turned over half or more of their active roster with FA players (like 26, 27, or 29 players). Denver signed 11 free agents in March. https://ftw.usatoday.com/gallery/whi...on-free-agency

No team builds entirely from the draft anymore. It really isn't possible.

Besides, we have released players we've drafted in the past who weren't trouble for us but then became trouble while on other teams - Cody Latimer comes to mind. We've also seen people who we drafted be big problems only to turn things around like Von Miller.

Free Agency is not the problem.

Regarding Gordon, outside of his contract complaints with the Chargers, was he known to be a problem? I can't find that info.

71 Mph in a 31 MMph. Freaking stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

I am not sure how that is supposed to work.

These numbers do not account for any cuts that were made that were FAs signed back in March or the expanded practice squad, etc., but on average nearly 17 free agent players were signed per team. Some teams turned over half or more of their active roster with FA players (like 26, 27, or 29 players). Denver signed 11 free agents in March. https://ftw.usatoday.com/gallery/whi...on-free-agency

No team builds entirely from the draft anymore. It really isn't possible.

Besides, we have released players we've drafted in the past who weren't trouble for us but then became trouble while on other teams - Cody Latimer comes to mind. We've also seen people who we drafted be big problems only to turn things around like Von Miller.

Free Agency is not the problem.

Regarding Gordon, outside of his contract complaints with the Chargers, was he known to be a problem? I can't find that info.

71 Mph in a 31 MMph. Freaking stupid.
      Gordon never had an issue here at UW. He was huge in the community, a fan favorite not only because he was an amazing UW running back - just just a cool fun guy.

I'm shocked and disappointed at the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

Gordon never had an issue here at UW. He was huge in the community, a fan favorite not only because he was an amazing UW running back - just just a cool fun guy.

I'm shocked and disappointed at the news.
        I’d say it’s probably drunk logic at its worst. I’m drunk and want to go to this place but I don’t want to get COVID or violate COVID protocols so I’ll drive by myself and the faster I drive the quicker I get back. Something along those lines

Comment

If Lindsay is ready to go, Gordon may struggle to get his place back.

Disappointed in Gordon. A veteran should not make this kind of mistake.

Comment

On Melvin Gordon, Broncos coach Vic Fangio said the running back was sent home Wednesday. Fangio added the team is considering additional discipline to anything that eventually comes from the NFL. Fangio said, when asked whether Gordon would be active for Sunday's game against New England or if Gordon would disciplined, Fangio said "everything is open.''

-Jeff Legwold, ESPN Senior Writer

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                On Melvin Gordon, Broncos coach Vic Fangio said the running back was sent home Wednesday. Fangio added the team is considering additional discipline to anything that eventually comes from the NFL. Fangio said, when asked whether Gordon would be active for Sunday's game against New England or if Gordon would disciplined, Fangio said "everything is open.''

Considering everything including allowing him to play on Sunday? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  What a bonehead, unbelievable in this day and age when we have Uber drivers and Lyft drivers that these guys still will get behind the wheel drinking and driving!
                  Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I’d say it’s probably drunk logic at its worst. I’m drunk and want to go to this place but I don’t want to get COVID or violate COVID protocols so I’ll drive by myself and the faster I drive the quicker I get back. Something along those lines
                  I don't know about the Covid angle, but I agree about "drunk logic". Never too drunk to drive (my parents were alcoholics).

If he has a problem, I hope he gets help.

Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Considering everything including allowing him to play on Sunday? Really?
                    If he passes all his COVID tests I don’t see why he wouldn’t. He let Kareem Jackson played from his arrest in September to his suspension for the last 2 games of the season. At least Gordon lasted until October before he got his DUI.

Comment

I hope Lindsey does great!

Comment

If he passes all his COVID tests I don’t see why he wouldn’t. He let Kareem Jackson played from his arrest in September to his suspension for the last 2 games of the season. At least Gordon lasted until October before he got his DUI.
                        Ha. The funny thing is Vic starts of by suggesting that we might impose stricter penalties on Gordon than that expected from the League, only to say straight afterwards that he might be considered for Sunday.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/aL5BMxm.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Lets hope he was referring to the restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Ha. The funny thing is Vic starts of by suggesting that we might impose stricter penalties on Gordon than that expected from the League, only to say straight afterwards that he might be considered for Sunday.
                              I do find it strange though considering what’s already happened with Jackson. Team fines generally don’t get announced so maybe there’s a team fine that’s going to be levied but usually when a team says they’re going to punish a player, it’s almost always a suspension. I imagine there might be some other issues that haven’t been reported for Vic to mention additional punishment from the team.

Comment

The NFL will. A DUI is set at a 3 game suspension under the new CBA, violating their COVID rules on top of it would obviously make it worse and could increase the length of his suspension.
                                Great points. I didn't even think of the Covid aspect on top of it.

Oof
                                Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Working...
                                X