No announcement yet.

Gordon DUI charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume it's an expensive car with more power than necessary. So he could have called any teammate for the ride number and this would just have been a "Let's just get you home and we'll talk tomorrow" thing? Instead, he's going to be out more money than what he paid for the car, I'll wager. And that's just the fines and lawyer bills and a rehab stint. Good luck with the next contract negotiation whether it's with the Broncos or someone else.
    I thought this stuff was drilled into these guys. They're rich compared to the crowd I run with so I just don't get it at all. I have a great driving record and my finances dictate I drive a compact so I personally have no sympathy for this.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
      I assume it's an expensive car with more power than necessary. So he could have called any teammate for the ride number and this would just have been a "Let's just get you home and we'll talk tomorrow" thing? Instead, he's going to be out more money than what he paid for the car, I'll wager. And that's just the fines and lawyer bills and a rehab stint. Good luck with the next contract negotiation whether it's with the Broncos or someone else.
      I thought this stuff was drilled into these guys. They're rich compared to the crowd I run with so I just don't get it at all. I have a great driving record and my finances dictate I drive a compact so I personally have no sympathy for this.
      Purely speculation on my part but I imagine high profile guys wouldn’t want to call an Uber or something like that because of their status. He should’ve called a teammate absolutely, but it’s his first year here, not a real offseason either so he probably doesn’t feel comfortable with them yet.

Not trying to make excuses for him, it was absolutely the wrong decision no matter what he thought at the time. But when you’re under the influence it will impair your judgement.

What I am surprised at though, is how does the team not have their own personal Uber like system? This isn’t a new thing for the Broncos or Denver teams in general. I’m pretty sure the Broncos lead the league in arrests over the past 20 years and a good number of them have to do with alcohol. Quite a few DUIs and other incidents at night clubs. The rest are almost all assault in some way shape or form. It’s like being in Denver just makes these guys angry drunks. That’s just the arrests to, there’s been numerous stories over the years of guys like seen at bars late at night where they haven’t been arrested, Jay Cutler, Kyle Orton, even Montee Ball was an alcoholic. Darrent Williams was killed because of alcohol for crying out loud. Like what has to happen for the team to make a change.

Comment

Pretty sure the NFL has a partnership with Lyft. Players ride for free.

So I’m not sure what the point of criticizing the Broncos organization for not doing enough could be.

players are grown men, they need to make grown up decisions just like the rest of us. He made a selfish dumb *** decision.

Disappointing.

Comment

Ole' Demon Alcohol, it will break y'all !

Comment

Gordon is talented but has his flaws, and that list just grew by one DUI.

Lindsay is a homegrown talent, high skill, high character, likeable kid. I'm going to view this as a blessing in disguise and root for Lindsay to take his number one spot back.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

So I’m not sure what the point of criticizing the Broncos organization for not doing enough could be.

players are grown men, they need to make grown up decisions just like the rest of us. He made a selfish dumb *** decision.

Disappointing.
              It’s a recurring issue within the Broncos organization for years and it isn’t just the players. Clearly something needs to be done because fines, suspensions, and getting cut isn’t working.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Disappointing.
                Any millionaire athlete who drinks and drives and gets caught prove they don't think things through. If I were a millionaire sports figure, especially a famous one, and wanted to go party and be seen, I would spend a little of my money and find and pay a person to drive me to whatever bar or happening spot and hang out close by until I texted them to pick up me and my party pals and take us to the next club or home. Fail safe! AND I would get to show off that I have my personal chauffeur for the night.

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Any millionaire athlete who drinks and drives and gets caught prove they don't think things through. If I were a millionaire sports figure, especially a famous one, and wanted to go party and be seen, I would spend a little of my money and find and pay a person to drive me to whatever bar or happening spot and hang out close by until I texted them to pick up me and my party pals and take us to the next club or home. Fail safe! AND I would get to show off that I have my personal chauffeur for the night.

Someone doesn’t have to be a millionaire to make the smart choice.

But I agree that the wealth and access to resources “should” make it easier to make it.

And I was naive enough to think it would be his fumbles and bad attitude that would be an issue this year.

We can assume the NFL will take their time before assessing his 3 game suspension. Just remains to be seen if the Broncos choose to start it this weekend.

Comment

I would think if you made Millions, you could have a personal assistant/Security/Handler on the payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                      Make a call to LeVeon Bell.
                      missed this opportunity
                      Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

I can not judge him, was a stupid decision. He is human just like me.
                        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

He screwed up. We all agree. Thank goodness it didn’t end badly like we all know it could have.

Learn from this Gordon, from what I read you are a good person with a good heart. You made a mistake, I’m almost certain all of us have in some way or another. You made a mistake and you know this. You have my support to come back an even better person and also help our team!

sigpic

Comment

They should put a clause in NFL contracts that makes the contract null and void if the person is caught driving under the influence. Or at least, a clause that gives the team the opportunity to pull out of a contract without any cap penalty if a situation likr that arises

Comment

Ruled out for our game. Must be a bad hangover

Comment

Looks like he's benched for tomorrow. Go get 'em Phillip.

Comment

Working...
                                X