Mcmanus makes elway look smart so far this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    And that is why I say our fans are dumb. We have all of these casual fair weather fans who literally have no clue about how to run a business or a football team. There are a few simple questions you can ask to weed them out.

Should the cowboys fire their staff? How about last year or the year before or before that- going all the way back to the 90s?
    Should the colts? Eagles? Saints?

Next ask them (its been 5 years since we went from a HOF qb to not)- how many teams have gone from a HOF QB to a franchize QB in 5 years?

Next ask them about teams like:
    Jets
    Browns
    Dolphins
    Titans
    Chargers
    Bears
    Lions
    Bills
    Bengals
    Giants
    Vikings
    Bucs
    9ers
    Cheifs
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Seabirds
    Texans
    (Over half the league lololol)

The answer is all missed on QB after QB after QB. Many are still searching. The ones that are not, still suck. The few that do, are playoff teams- and of those playoff teams ALL WENT MORE THAN 5 YEARS. But they wont give the broncos 5 years. Then they like to say we cannot find a QB. We loved Wentz, We loved Dak, We loved Herbert, We loved Mahomes, We loved Baker. We were never in position for any of them aside from Dak. So that is a miss. EVERY TEAM has like 5 misses at QB at least. Somehow we are bad at it when we are right in line with the league.

They have no answers, except to move goal posts and find stupid revisionist history to cling to. As I have said- our fans are dumb and very knee jerk (at least the casual fair weather ones that have no clue). The die hards understand this.
    So the measuring stick for "diehard" Denver fans is because other teams have also been bad for extended periods of time, it is fine for us to now be entering that territory with a front office who can't seem to find answers when it comes to coaching, quarterback, and several other key positional groups that have remained the problem areas of the team for years ? Yes, good call on that dumb fans thing you mentioned I disagree with using this form of low expectation as the measuring stick, but to each their own. I think the dumb ones are those who blindly follow and support Elway year after year despite all evidence pointing to that being quite a "dumb" move, but I understand the fandom for the once great player who men of all ages still crush on. The results make it hard for me to do that however.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

So the measuring stick for "diehard" Denver fans is because other teams have also been bad for extended periods of time, it is fine for us to now be entering that territory with a front office who can't seem to find answers when it comes to coaching, quarterback, and several other key positional groups that have remained the problem areas of the team for years ? Yes, good call on that dumb fans thing you mentioned I disagree with using this form of low expectation as the measuring stick, but to each their own. I think the dumb ones are those who blindly follow and support Elway year after year despite all evidence pointing to that being quite a "dumb" move, but I understand the fandom for the once great player who men of all ages still crush on. The results make it hard for me to do that however.
      Elway as a player has no bearing on he as a GM.

You missed the point entirely or chose to ignore, I am not sure. It is not easy to find a QB in this league. Like twice, ever, has a team gone from a HOF QB to another franchise QB. ALL other teams struggle when they go through that process and it takes a lot more than 5 years to do so. It is not Other teams. It is ALL teams.

So yes, fans are dumb if they think we are the only team in the NFL that does not deserve a few years to get things right. They are dumb if they want to continously Hire and Fire GMs, Coaches, etc. They are dumb if they want to keep burning and building. This has been PROVEN over and over that is how you end up like the browns, dolphins, Jets, etc.

This is not a low form of expectations. It is the normal. If you disagree name 5 teams that have gone from HOF QB to franchise QB and competing in the playoffs again in 3 years. or 4 years....or whatever YOUR benchmark is for this low measuring stick of meadiocrity.

The fans are dumb.
      (not saying you are as I have no clue where you stand)
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

This was supposed to be more of a McManus praise thread then a Elway burn thread. People need to get more positivity here
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Maybe for you, I don't know that, but for the majority of the fan base, especially his apologists, you are delusional if you think it doesn't play a role. You take away the fact that he is John Elway, put up the results since Superbowl 50, and fans have forgotten that and calling for his head on mass based on where we are. The love for him definitely leads to subjective analysis of the results of this team.

You missed the point entirely or chose to ignore, I am not sure. It is not easy to find a QB in this league. Like twice, ever, has a team gone from a HOF QB to another franchise QB. ALL other teams struggle when they go through that process and it takes a lot more than 5 years to do so. It is not Other teams. It is ALL teams.

So yes, fans are dumb if they think we are the only team in the NFL that does not deserve a few years to get things right. They are dumb if they want to continously Hire and Fire GMs, Coaches, etc. They are dumb if they want to keep burning and building. This has been PROVEN over and over that is how you end up like the browns, dolphins, Jets, etc.

This is not a low form of expectations. It is the normal. If you disagree name 5 teams that have gone from HOF QB to franchise QB and competing in the playoffs again in 3 years. or 4 years....or whatever YOUR benchmark is for this low measuring stick of meadiocrity.

The fans are dumb.
          I didn't miss the point, I just don't care for it, it's an apologists excuse in my opinion, and dumb as you would say. The low expectations laid out to defend an organization who continues to produce piss poor results is being played down again and blamed placed everywhere else but at the top. Why ? I think I know why, but as I said, people can blame whoever they want. Just remember, despite all the change over the last 5 years, the two constants, the management and the poor results remain.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Maybe for you, I don't know that, but for the majority of the fan base, especially his apologists, you are delusional if you think it doesn't play a role. You take away the fact that he is John Elway, put up the results since Superbowl 50, and fans have forgotten that and calling for his head on mass based on where we are. The love for him definitely leads to subjective analysis of the results of this team.

I didn't miss the point, I just don't care for it, it's an apologists excuse in my opinion, and dumb as you would say. The low expectations laid out to defend an organization who continues to produce piss poor results is being played down again and blamed placed everywhere else but at the top. Why ? I think I know why, but as I said, people can blame whoever they want. Just remember, despite all the change over the last 5 years, the two constants, the management and the poor results remain.
            Id say the constant is lack of QB. Which as history has shown is THE DEFINING FACTOR. Not management, coaches, etc. Just a QB. Every team that is good now, was good before has a QB. Every team that is not, does not have one.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I like our kicker and I like our GM!
              And I love the Broncos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                This was supposed to be more of a McManus praise thread then a Elway burn thread. People need to get more positivity here
                We just got a road win @NE, isn't it time to fire the GM?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

The fans are dumb.

How about the S.F. 49's....Montana then Young. I'll admit, it's very rare.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Id say the constant is lack of QB. Which as history has shown is THE DEFINING FACTOR. Not management, coaches, etc. Just a QB. Every team that is good now, was good before has a QB. Every team that is not, does not have one.
                    No doubt Elway has missed on finding a QB from 2016 to present ( Drew Lock looks like he could be the guy, Needs more games to really know)
                    The hiring of Vance Joseph, missing in the draft and Free Agency also hurt our franchise and Elway should get 100% blame for all of it. But that is not the whole story, building one of the greatest offenses and defenses of all time, winning 5 division titles, 2 afc championships, and a SB title is the reason Elway has a contract through 2021.
                    I give Elway credit for this teams past success, failures, and the good players we got right now like Garret Bolles ( who 99% of the fans calling for Elaays head wanted cut),Tim Patrick, Shelby Harris, Michael Ojemudia ( probably one of the best cb’s in this years draft so far, and one Brandon McManus to name a few!!! Team is trending up, Chiefs game will be a real gauge of how far we have come, gonna need more than McManus this week!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

How about the S.F. 49's....Montana then Young. I'll admit, it's very rare.
                      49ers were awesome!!!!!......Haven’t found a SB since 1994!
                      Cowboys
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

No doubt Elway has missed on finding a QB from 2016 to present ( Drew Lock looks like he could be the guy, Needs more games to really know)
                        The hiring of Vance Joseph, missing in the draft and Free Agency also hurt our franchise and Elway should get 100% blame for all of it. But that is not the whole story, building one of the greatest offenses and defenses of all time, winning 5 division titles, 2 afc championships, and a SB title is the reason Elway has a contract through 2021.
                        I give Elway credit for this teams past success, failures, and the good players we got right now like Garret Bolles ( who 99% of the fans calling for Elaays head wanted cut),Tim Patrick, Shelby Harris, Michael Ojemudia ( probably one of the best cb’s in this years draft so far, and one Brandon McManus to name a few!!! Team is trending up, Chiefs game will be a real gauge of how far we have come, gonna need more than McManus this week!
                        You are absolutely right that Elway deserves credit for especially the 2012-15 run. The 2011 results seem a lot more like something that he did not have the faintest idea would come around and that he deserved very little credit for.

I would say that Elway should also be given credit for the 2016 results that were better than we expected. In the same realm he deserves all the critism for VJ who was totally inept and for failing to have a vision after the SB of how the team should succeed.

Is the team trending up as you claim - defense looks good but offense where Elway has spend the ressources are not performing very well.

The last 3-4 years have been historically bad in the past 50 years of Broncos history

Comment

Working...
                        X