How do you throw it there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you throw it there?

I am generally not a "FIRE ________" guy, but I don't see the point in continuing with a head coach that does not have an understanding of timeouts and clock management that any decent high school coach has. Hopefully next year we will be in contention and close losses because of coaching stupidity will matter. It's one thing to be aggressive or make a gut call that maybe doesn't work out, but Vic has shown utter cluelessness in timeouts, managing leads, end of half, etc. Time to move on. Great win though!!!!

Lol.... what
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ltsft View Post
      I am generally not a "FIRE ________" guy, but I don't see the point in continuing with a head coach that does not have an understanding of timeouts and clock management that any decent high school coach has. Hopefully next year we will be in contention and close losses because of coaching stupidity will matter. It's one thing to be aggressive or make a gut call that maybe doesn't work out, but Vic has shown utter cluelessness in timeouts, managing leads, end of half, etc. Time to move on. Great win though!!!!
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

You know how you end up like the Cleveland Browns? By firing your coach every year. Be patient.

We just won. I think Aaron Rodgers put it best, R-E-L-A-X.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
          You know how you end up like the Cleveland Browns? By firing your coach every year. Be patient.

We just won. I think Aaron Rodgers put it best, R-E-L-A-X.
          I totally agree with this in general, but my point is how do you win over time in the NFL with a coach who doesn't understand timeouts and clock management basics? So many games in this league are so close. Nothing wrong with being a great coordinator i.e. Wade, sometimes it just doesn't translate to gameday management. Vic has blown it several times over the last couple years. It would be different if it were improving.
          Throwing on first down with 3+ minutes left yesterday is what the title refers to for those who seem confused. (Terrible decision even if not intercepted)

Comment

I totally agree with this in general, but my point is how do you win over time in the NFL with a coach who doesn't understand timeouts and clock management basics? So many games in this league are so close. Nothing wrong with being a great coordinator i.e. Wade, sometimes it just doesn't translate to gameday management. Vic has blown it several times over the last couple years. It would be different if it were improving.
            Throwing on first down with 3+ minutes left yesterday is what the title refers to for those who seem confused. (Terrible decision even if not intercepted)
            Should the Patriots fire Belichick for not challenging the spot where the refs said their RB was down on a third down play that resulted in them coming up short and punting with 13 minutes left in the game?

At that point in the game it was 18-3 Denver. Had they gone on to score on that drive, well, that could have been a difference maker with how we seem to finish games. Pretty easy call that Belichick did not make.

No coach is perfect and having a head coaching carousel is the last thing this team needs right now.

Comment

This Head Coach does not call the offensive plays. But with the Patriots selling out to stop the run and Denver losing yardage several run plays in a row, I don't have a problem with them calling the pass play. I have more of a problem with the QB trying to go deep both times, rather than taking something more high percentage.

Comment

Andy Reid was bad with clock management for years. Like anyone that is doing something new, there’s a learning curve.

Comment

Bill Belichick...is this you?

Comment

OK so you're post here is meant to target our OC. I agree. he has had many suspect play calls. However that does not directly translate into the HC and his clock management skills. We need to let the OC have the same QB and OL for more than one game in a row. We also need to let our guts get back into it...16 days between games is substantive.

We have a young gunslinger as a QB. His game is risk it all. It will be our OC's job to reign that in. This is the NFL. Sometimes the quick passes and Intermediate throws are the way to go.

The thing you should be talking about is why Hamilton is getting targets on critical 3rd downs. He is playing some atrocious football.

Comment

You know how you also end up like the Cleveland Browns?

By constantly hiring bad head coaches....a trend which were in at the moment.

I have no idea what this team saw in Fangio that made them feel like he was head coaching material but I never saw it.... still don't. And Shurmur? This is what I expected our offense to look like when they hired him.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                        You know how you also end up like the Cleveland Browns?

By constantly hiring bad head coaches....a trend which were in at the moment.

I have no idea what this team saw in Fangio that made them feel like he was head coaching material but I never saw it.... still don't. And Shurmur? This is what I expected our offense to look like when they hired him.
                        Denver is 2-3 and lost to two 5-0 teams by a combined 7 points. The only game they clearly were not in was the one game Driskell started. No matter how you feel about Fangio the team clearly seems to like him since they're playing hard for him and have won the last two games for him.

Fangio coached a good game yesterday. His defense was excellent, he made zero errors as a head coach, what is your axe to grind with him yesterday? And before you say the passes keep in mind: 1. He doesn't call offensive plays 2. He didn't tell the QB to try and throw it deep.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Denver is 2-3 and lost to two 5-0 teams by a combined 7 points. The only game they clearly were not in was the one game Driskell started. No matter how you feel about Fangio the team clearly seems to like him since they're playing hard for him and have won the last two games for him.

Fangio coached a good game yesterday. His defense was excellent, he made zero errors as a head coach, what is your axe to grind with him yesterday? And before you say the passes keep in mind: 1. He doesn't call offensive plays 2. He didn't tell the QB to try and throw it deep.
                          That seven man double A Gap Safety Blitz on Pats 4th down at the end was psycho!
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

This Head Coach does not call the offensive plays. But with the Patriots selling out to stop the run and Denver losing yardage several run plays in a row, I don't have a problem with them calling the pass play. I have more of a problem with the QB trying to go deep both times, rather than taking something more high percentage.
                            Yeah. This is huge. It's hard to tell when watching because the TV coverage tends to follow the ball...so I don't know if shorter routes are there and Lock just isn't hitting them, or the plays aren't attacking the short and intermediate areas of the Defense. That was something I thought Rypien was better at then the other guys we've tried this year but there was still that INT down in the End Zone that he threw so it's a problem with everyone we've tried at QB. Have you been able to follow closely enough to see if it's the plays or the QB?

Comment

Good points, but if your HC doesn't make sure the OC knows what to do in that situation, he is not a good organizational leader. I like Vic, i want him to succeed, but for a guy who talks about preventing death by inches, he makes a lot of small (and huge) mistakes that add up in the NFL and it happens consistently. Timeout and clock management are important, and the closer the game, the more critical. It's easy to let slide against Pats because the team for sure played hard and got the win, but if they would have lost, it would have been on the coaches, again...

Comment

Working...
                              X