We Need To Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I found it interesting how Lock was trying to make a renewed connection with Albert, at least partially. The QB/TE connections are so special, especially on some teams. I believe it will be Lock/Fant for many years, but I saw some chemistry there....though limited. I really believe The Broncos will thrive, like in old days, with a productive TE or two. It's been something I've been hoping for, for many years. Since Shannon Sharpe it's not been one of our strengths. Julius Thomas was a real factor for a couple of seasons, but it's not been as solid in the receiving side as I would have hoped.
    Yep, need TE production and has been lacking. Fant and Lock have been good, Lock and Albert O had good production. Lock delivers a good tight spiral to his receivers they just have to catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acedude View Post

Yep, need TE production and has been lacking. Fant and Lock have been good, Lock and Albert O had good production. Lock delivers a good tight spiral to his receivers they just have to catch it.
      I agree. Lock has above average arm strength, and as folks have discussed before, it's not something you can teach too much. You can strengthen it over time, but this dude has a rifle now. And I believe he can throw the soft pass. Maybe it's simple mechanics that have to be worked on (as if anyone doesn't need work) but I love his game, his rifle, his quickness, and his leadership. And for me, just get the ball into Fant's hands, because he is a tank once he gets the ball!
      Last edited by CanDB; 10-22-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Interesting to me that after 6 weeks we have not yet faced an AFC West rival. But that changes now, with 3 of the next 4 games:

KC - week 7
        LAC - week 8
        LV - week 10

By the time we hit week 11, we will probably have a much firmer view about this team and it's positioning, in light of your comment.
        Kicking ass in your own Division is usually the key to making the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Acedude View Post
          Kicking ass in your own Division is usually the key to making the playoffs.
          This may be too obvious, but yes:

1) You get 6 cracks at your division, which is getting close to 40% of your games
          2) If you play in a weaker division (think The pats in some years), you have a distinct playoff advantage
          3) If you are so fortunate as to have a weaker division, and no real threat, it makes it so much easier to make the playoffs. #1 priority for teams is to make it to the first round, and having that luxury of a sub par group is a nice ticket to the post season, while some teams in other divisions can't get in with better, make that, sometimes much better records.

Comment

One more thing....when healthy, we have some of the best weapons in the league. In the not too distant future, a group comprised on Lock, Lindsay, Gordon, Sutton, Fant, Jeudy, Hamler and so on, should be among the best. But as we know, injuries often have one upside...they provide the time and opportunity for other players to develop, with actual game time experience. In this case, I believe Tim Patrick will be one of the beneficiaries. He may have bought himself more targets once the others return. Good on him. Good for us!

Comment

I’m happy for Patrick, I thought he showed real upside a few seasons ago coming off an injury only for him to get hurt again and miss some more time and become the forgotten guy. Now he’s healthy and starting to become the go to guy on the offense as the young guys find their footing. Hopefully he can stay healthy because there have been some scares the past few weeks with him. He’s a size mismatch with deceptive speed and decent route running. Once Fant comes back they’ll compliment each other nicely and open up a lot of matchups for AO, Jeudy, Hamler, and the RBs out of the backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Does not surprise me that most of those games came before 2000

On the WR issue...we need to give Patrick and Juedy those chances and imo give 17 less reps and he seems to be very inconsistent and not very reliable at making the tough plays.
                Does surprise me that 3 of those were with Elway at QB

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

The 1971 Chicago Bears D was 12th in points, 23rd in yards; O was 25th in points, 24th in yards and they were 6-8.

The 1988 San Diego Chargers D was 18th in points, 21st in yards; O was 27th in points, 26th in yards and they were 6-10.

The 1991 New England Patriots D was 15th in points, 26th in yards; O was 25th in points, 22nd in yards and they were 6-10.

The 1992 Cleveland Browns D was 10th in points, 14th in yards; O was 20th in points, 18th in yards and they were 7-9.

The 2006 Kansas City Chiefs D was 11th in points, 16th in yards; O was 15th in points, 16th in yards and they were 9-7, 2nd in AFCW and lost to the Colts in the Wild Card round.
                  Interesting. Pretty bad offenses except the Chiefs. Thanks for the stats Sam. As always, you do great homework.

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Is our O as creative as it was in that 4 and 1 stretch with Lock as a rookie? I seem to recall some variety and creative design, sort of what you expect from Reid and company. This is not a fact, but it appears that way, given what I recall from last season.

Comment

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X