Snow and sub zero temperatures for the KC game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow and sub zero temperatures for the KC game

The weather forecast for Denver this Sunday is for snow and temperatures of around -7C / 19F at kick off time.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the game.

Snow and cold did nothing to stop the Chefs in our game against them last December, that's for sure.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Sounds like Denver and KC will play two consecutive snow games. The last one was snowing with snow on the field and the Broncos were wearing white uniforms. We'll see what it looks like on Sunday. Denver has been balanced on the season, so far. They will be ready to do whatever it takes on offense, and their defense is starting to feel it.

I hope the whole State of Colorado gets at least a foot of the wettest snow possible as soon as possible, because they desperately need it.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
        Snow and cold did nothing to stop the Chefs in our game against them last December, that's for sure.
        I think visibility was an issue.

Comment

Just what we need for our young offense that is still having chemistry issues and drops from our receivers. Hopefully our running game is really strong and the defense plays twice as well against KC than it did against the Pats.

Meanwhile, my local forecast says it should be mid 80s on Sunday. Should move the game to Arizona.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
            Just what we need for our young offense that is still having chemistry issues and drops from our receivers. Hopefully our running game is really strong and the defense plays twice as well against KC than it did against the Pats.

Meanwhile, my local forecast says it should be mid 80s on Sunday. Should move the game to Arizona.
            Heresy!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I think visibility was an issue.

Comment

I guess we could do a pats thing, and lose all their heaters on the sidelines.

Seriously I am not sure it is a benefit to either team. I do feel like Denver is harder on opponents than many other locations, due to altitude. But Mahomes and company will prepare accordingly, and I believe we will as well. It may lower the projected score, and the ground games/short passing design will potentially dominate, but even so, a good receiver has an edge on defenders in less than wonderful weather. When I played receiver in "potentially" slippery/slick conditions, one good move and I could get open much easier than on regular turf.

Comment

For clarification, I think visibility was an issue for the Broncos on the field when it was snowing when they had the ball. Ever notice how cameras don't pick up precipitation from a distance? If they zoom in close, rain/snow falling are more visible.

Comment

I think Sam is right - Broncos did not see anything!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I think Sam is right - Broncos did not see anything!
                      Like that guy in a red shirt catching the ball in the EZ?

Comment

Sounds like Denver and KC will play two consecutive snow games. The last one was snowing with snow on the field and the Broncos were wearing white uniforms. We'll see what it looks like on Sunday. Denver has been balanced on the season, so far. They will be ready to do whatever it takes on offense, and their defense is starting to feel it.

I hope the whole State of Colorado gets at least a foot of the wettest snow possible as soon as possible, because they desperately need it.
                        That's certainly true and goes way beyond sports. The entire Southwest has been in a drought, record high temps this year with unseasonal forest fires and we need as much precipitation (and snowpack in the high country) as possible.

For clarification, I think visibility was an issue for the Broncos on the field when it was snowing when they had the ball. Ever notice how cameras don't pick up precipitation from a distance? If they zoom in close, rain/snow falling are more visible.
                        That's true. Hopefully our team can play in these conditions this Sunday as well as or better than the stinkin' Chefs have. We really need the ball to bounce our way, or the defense to force turnovers and give us the momentum for most of the game.

Comment

Big running game for Melvin Gordon And Lindsey!!!

Comment

That's certainly true and goes way beyond sports. The entire Southwest has been in a drought, record high temps this year with unseasonal forest fires and we need as much precipitation (and snowpack in the high country) as possible.

That's true. Hopefully our team can play in these conditions this Sunday as well as or better than the stinkin' Chefs have. We really need the ball to bounce our way, or the defense to force turnovers and give us the momentum for most of the game.
                            Last year's snow game in KC was 3-23. I'm looking forward to watching this game for two reasons: to cheer the Broncos; and, to cheer the snow.

P.S. Don't forget the cleat wrench and the long cleats!
                            Last edited by samparnell; 10-23-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I may be crazy, but I see Denver winning this one. I think Fant and Jeudy go off in the wintry conditions. And Lock gets to use that cannon. And I have a feeling the defense plays lights out and is inspired by playing in the elements. Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X