Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    So I saw there is a winter storm warning out with 6-9 inches.... this should be interesting

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Yep, the Chinook winds blow off the mountains and it changes everything. We don't get Chinooks as powerful as we did when I was a kid anymore. But I can remember one time (probably 25 years ago) where it was in the -20's (just below zero Fahrenheit) all day, the Chinook winds started blowing around 7pm, and it was 10 degrees (50 Fahrenheit) by 11pm, and then by the next morning the weather pattern had changed and it was back in the -20's.
    I remember when we visited the beautiful areas around Montana (Going To The Sun Road included) and edging into southern Alberta, by the mountains. In and around the mountains were incredible stories about temperature fluctuations. Unbelievable change in very short timeframe. Like summer to winter within a day! I really believe that the saying that is much overused about, "if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes (or 15 minutes, or whatever)" applies most specifically to these mountainous areas. That's why you never drive up a steep slope without some knowledge of the forecast.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and grew up in Colorado Springs, lived in Denver, lived in Aspen, lived in Rock Springs, Wyoming....during winter months and it's not uncommon to have the same wild temperature fluctuations. It's how the planet jet streams effect areas in or near the Rocky Mountains. Watch the daily weather reports closely and adjust your clothing as necessary or Mother Nature will teach you a frigid lesson. Bronco fans are super tough folks.

Yep, the Chinook winds blow off the mountains and it changes everything. We don't get Chinooks as powerful as we did when I was a kid anymore. But I can remember one time (probably 25 years ago) where it was in the -20's (just below zero Fahrenheit) all day, the Chinook winds started blowing around 7pm, and it was 10 degrees (50 Fahrenheit) by 11pm, and then by the next morning the weather pattern had changed and it was back in the -20's.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Dotst View Post
    Denver weather is crazy

High of 34/30low for today
    63/19 for Saturday
    23/10 for Sunday

How in the world does it get 30 degrees hotter for one day then drop 40 degrees? Mile high city has crazy weather
    I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and grew up in Colorado Springs, lived in Denver, lived in Aspen, lived in Rock Springs, Wyoming....during winter months and it's not uncommon to have the same wild temperature fluctuations. It's how the planet jet streams effect areas in or near the Rocky Mountains. Watch the daily weather reports closely and adjust your clothing as necessary or Mother Nature will teach you a frigid lesson. Bronco fans are super tough folks.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post

Here in Missouri, atleast once or twice a year we will have to use a heater then the A/C or vice-versa in the SAME DAY
    In Calgary that's called, May and September.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Wish I was surprised by the corner who was 3 yards behind him. Seems like he was 3 yards behind him every time we played them over the last 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post

Here in Missouri, atleast once or twice a year we will have to use a heater then the A/C or vice-versa in the SAME DAY
    Been there, done that a time or two. In fact it was near 80 here today and will barely be 50 tomorrow and then lows Sunday down in the 30's

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I hope QB "Darth Vader" has a good game and leads "the dark side" to victory!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ozzies94ta
    replied
    Originally posted by Dotst View Post
    Denver weather is crazy

63/19 for Saturday
    23/10 for Sunday

How in the world does it get 30 degrees hotter for one day then drop 40 degrees? Mile high city has crazy weather

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

There’s a reason we let CHJ walk. Cause he sure can’t run.
    Yeah he got burned a lot, but to be fair Tyreek Hill burns almost everyone.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    At this point I don’t think anybody cares one bit how the snow is going to affect a goofy football game. We desperately the snow, that’s what’s important. Hopefully it drops like 3 feet of snow.
    I didn't mean the OP to sound flippant. I don't live in the Denver area, or even in the US. As a result I didn't fully appreciate how badly hit Colorado had been hit this year by forest fires.

In the circumstances, I hope there is a prolonged period of precipitation and that the suffering of those affected significantly eases.

Leave a comment:

• Dotst
    replied
    Denver weather is crazy

63/19 for Saturday
    23/10 for Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    At this point I don’t think anybody cares one bit how the snow is going to affect a goofy football game. We desperately the snow, that’s what’s important. Hopefully it drops like 3 feet of snow.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Both teams have to deal with the conditions. Do we get a small edge due to the altitude.....yes, no, maybe?

I'm hoping for tons of moisture in the mountains to help knock back the horrible historic forest fires.
    Pulling for you folks....

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    The weather forecast for Denver this Sunday is for snow and temperatures of around -7C / 19F at kick off time.

It will be interesting to see how this affects the game.
    Both teams have to deal with the conditions. Do we get a small edge due to the altitude.....yes, no, maybe?

I'm hoping for tons of moisture in the mountains to help knock back the horrible historic forest fires.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X