Snow and sub zero temperatures for the KC game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Yep, the Chinook winds blow off the mountains and it changes everything. We don't get Chinooks as powerful as we did when I was a kid anymore. But I can remember one time (probably 25 years ago) where it was in the -20's (just below zero Fahrenheit) all day, the Chinook winds started blowing around 7pm, and it was 10 degrees (50 Fahrenheit) by 11pm, and then by the next morning the weather pattern had changed and it was back in the -20's.
    I remember when we visited the beautiful areas around Montana (Going To The Sun Road included) and edging into southern Alberta, by the mountains. In and around the mountains were incredible stories about temperature fluctuations. Unbelievable change in very short timeframe. Like summer to winter within a day! I really believe that the saying that is much overused about, "if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes (or 15 minutes, or whatever)" applies most specifically to these mountainous areas. That's why you never drive up a steep slope without some knowledge of the forecast.

Comment

So I saw there is a winter storm warning out with 6-9 inches.... this should be interesting
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        So I saw there is a winter storm warning out with 6-9 inches.... this should be interesting
        I hope three feet of snow gets dumped on the fires.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Currently (09:18 am) it's 16 degrees in Denver and a 60% chance of snow, 16 degrees at kickoff with 60% chance of snow, 19 degrees at 1:00 pm with 70% chance of snow, 19 degrees at 2:00 pm with 80% chance of snow.

Definitely "interesting". Nobody can predict how this game will turn out.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I miss living in Colorado. Maryland is sticky

Comment

Gordon will save his job after suspension if he can go for 100+ and a TD

Comment

Never mind the Chefs, this weather brings an existential threat.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

That will slow down speed.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                    Never mind the Chefs, this weather brings an existential threat.

Good thing the Giants suck this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Good thing the Giants suck this year.
                      Yeah they're overrated.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Yeah they're overrated.

If a giant is running at you at full speed, just stay still. He'll trip and fall fifteen yards in front of you.

Comment

​​​​​​

Comment

Much respect to any fan that showed up for this game.

Any that stayed around into the fourth. I question your sanity!

Comment

The Chiefs looked incredibly intimidated by the sort of snowy conditions and sort of NFL caliber Broncos team today. And Drew Lock is the biggest bust since... Paxton Lynch.

Comment

our record in these games at home is not very good less than .500.cold weather kills us.man I got my doubts about Lock I like him, but time will tell.
                                I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Working...
                                X