Home Field Advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Field Advantage

Denver Needs To Get Back To Wining At Home And A Win This Sunday Just Might Start Kick What Needs To Be What Used To Be True Home Field Advantage. I Remember When Any Team In The NFL When They Came To Play In Denver They Got The Loss Because Of Home Field Advantage Denver Needs To Get That Back !!

Ehhh, home field advantage doesn’t seem to have much effect on the games this years, with empty to nearly empty stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Ehhh, home field advantage doesn’t seem to have much effect on the games this years, with empty to nearly empty stadiums.
      Totally Understand However with Stadiums allowing Fans Now ie Limited Capacity Like 5 K or Less or More I am just sick and Tired of hearing about well it is hard to win in Denver ect however time and time again as of lately No Teams mind coming into Denver Whipping Our Tails off Like KC has Tampa Bay did it already I am just sick of the so called Home Field Advantage when in reality there is none when playing in Denver well I wish there was again just like in the 90's when visiting teams would always get the Loss and Home Field Advantage was Real unlike now you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Totally Understand However with Stadiums allowing Fans Now ie Limited Capacity Like 5 K or Less or More I am just sick and Tired of hearing about well it is hard to win in Denver ect however time and time again as of lately No Teams mind coming into Denver Whipping Our Tails off Like KC has Tampa Bay did it already I am just sick of the so called Home Field Advantage when in reality there is none when playing in Denver well I wish there was again just like in the 90's when visiting teams would always get the Loss and Home Field Advantage was Real unlike now you know what I mean.
        Oh for sure. I know they designed the new stadium to shake with the crowd noise, but nothing like the old one, that would shake cause it was a rickety and old, ready to collapse at any moment. I don’t think there’s been quite the home field advantage ever since they new stadium opened.

Comment

Is it too early or too late to talk about playoff home-field advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I don’t think there’s been quite the home field advantage ever since they new stadium opened.
            Broncos Country can still flex it's "home field advantage" muscles - look at the 2015 AFC championship game. I don't think the actual stadium itself has a whole lot to do with it. The old stadium was probably more rickety, but who wants to go watch a game in a dump? I happen to think the home field advantage in Denver comes from the fans and the altitude, not the stadium itself.

Comment

Yeah LOL As I was Saying

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Broncos Country can still flex it's "home field advantage" muscles - look at the 2015 AFC championship game. I don't think the actual stadium itself has a whole lot to do with it. The old stadium was probably more rickety, but who wants to go watch a game in a dump? I happen to think the home field advantage in Denver comes from the fans and the altitude, not the stadium itself.
                Exactly. And to that point, trash performances do not promote the attitude and lead to more fans re-selling their tickets. So you have more visiting fans.

So I’m summary, the easiest way to get back to “United in Orange” (once we can pack the stadiums again) is for the team to actually show up and show out on Sundays.
                #swapping

Comment

Just like when the Dolphins moved out of the Orange Bowl into that piece of crap they've been playing in since 87, the same exact thing can be said for our Broncos since moving out of the real Mile High Stadium. If Peyton Manning wouldn't have come to Denver, we'd have a losing record in this stadium and I stand by what I'd always said, if any team in the league attempted a 90 yard field goal to beat the Broncos in Denver, it would sail right through the uprights as time expired. This has pretty much been the story of the Denver Broncos since we departed the true Mile High Stadium that was a true home field advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

The new stadium can still rock - but the old one would swing so much that you were afraid it would collapse. Those steel plates would be NOISY when you stomped, and everything moved.

Comment

The pandemic has changed the fans in the stands audience so much so, that after 9 weeks, the visiting teams are up 67-65-1. The last time that the visitors were up this late in the season was 1983, a year in which the homes teams eventually rallied and ended up with 15 more victories. The last time the road teams won the season battles was 1968.

This could be a big factor as the season plays out. Often in tight games, that home field advantage is the real deal, with fans playing their part, Depending on who you follow, it's usually at least worth a FG. When the games on the line, those 3 or more points are big. Ask visiting QBs and their mates how hard it is to hear themselves in front of a loud crowd.

Then again, we talk about level playing fields, and in this case, given what we all know and have had time to evaluate, by now home teams aren't expecting any favours.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        The pandemic has changed the fans in the stands audience so much so, that after 9 weeks, the visiting teams are up 67-65-1. The last time that the visitors were up this late in the season was 1983, a year in which the homes teams eventually rallied and ended up with 15 more victories. The last time the road teams won the season battles was 1968.

This could be a big factor as the season plays out. Often in tight games, that home field advantage is the real deal, with fans playing their part, Depending on who you follow, it's usually at least worth a FG. When the games on the line, those 3 or more points are big. Ask visiting QBs and their mates how hard it is to hear themselves in front of a loud crowd.

Then again, we talk about level playing fields, and in this case, given what we all know and have had time to evaluate, by now home teams aren't expecting any favours.
                        It's strange but understandable at the same time. It also makes you wonder whether it will matter that much whether a team ends the season as the no.1 o the no.7 seed. Perhaps having a first round bye will be the only post-season advantage this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The new stadium can still rock - but the old one would swing so much that you were afraid it would collapse. Those steel plates would be NOISY when you stomped, and everything moved.

Yes It Was Old Mile High Stadium Rocked !!

Comment

Working...
                          X