Denvers Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denvers Defense

I can't feel that we want to get Rid of Vic Fangio. he has been doing a great job building this defense with elway. i think we are 1 or 2 piece away from an elite unit. Oj has been one of the better rookie CBs. Bassey has also been impressive and Callahan has been proving he isn't just a nickle CB. i feel they all have look really good.

but what i love is the deguise and deception around Fangios scheme is it hard to pin point who is rushing even though it is generally 4. i feel this defense has been stepping up and can be a special unit.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Denver's D is starting to feel it. Guys who weren't starters or even on the team when the season began, are making plays. They are feeding off each other. Regardless of how some feel about the coaching staff, there's no denying the team is playing hard with a lot of heart.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Denver's D is starting to feel it. Guys who weren't starters or even on the team when the season began, are making plays. They are feeding off each other. Regardless of how some feel about the coaching staff, there's no denying the team is playing hard with a lot of heart.

I really hope they can continue to play at the level they did last week. The Pats had averaged 29 PPG with Cam as their QB in weeks 1-3.

Comment

We knew that the O was going to lag behind the D going into this season. The O has just been worse than, probably, anyone expected because of injuries. I am more concerned with fixing the O-Line than making coaching changes.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I've been noticing they've been starting to whack some people pretty good. It's nice when you have a defense that can intimidate other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            I've been noticing they've been starting to whack some people pretty good.
            I want to beat the Chiefs......but.........I really want to WHACK

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I dislike The Raiders, and the Chargers, but I really dislike the Chiefs.
              (There Is something about Mahomes that reminds me of "Kermit the Frog")

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                I can't feel that we want to get Rid of Vic Fangio. he has been doing a great job building this defense with elway. i think we are 1 or 2 piece away from an elite unit. Oj has been one of the better rookie CBs. Bassey has also been impressive and Callahan has been proving he isn't just a nickle CB. i feel they all have look really good.

but what i love is the deguise and deception around Fangios scheme is it hard to pin point who is rushing even though it is generally 4. i feel this defense has been stepping up and can be a special unit.

its really coming together even without the much anticipated Miller/Casey duo at the start of the season. Ojemudia is really coming into his own, Chubb is playing elite right now, Harris is a stud. Bouye and Jones are back. Its reasonable to think that this unit can only get better

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Yep! For 43 years I'm still getting a huge grin on my face when any team beats the Raiders, even the "Dallas Crapboys".

And when the Broncos beat the Raiders, it puts me in a great mood for a week, especially when we do it in their home stadium.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Who ever created this...... ....................well I you !!!!

Comment

That’s why I really wanted us to hire Fangio. And why I have really high hopes with Fangio. The true test will be tomorrow. If we can hold the Chiefs to around 20, then we know this defense is ready to compete with anyone.

Just need the offense to find its stride, and this could be a very good teams. There is a lot of potential here and I am really excited for it.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I see things very differently. We played the jets and we almost loss and they almost put up 30. Almost loss the a suspect N.E. offense. Let's see how they do vs k.c. and other "good" offenses first imo.
                        In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

No one is doubting Fangio as a good defensive coach.

It's that he is failing, miserably, as a head coach. Two years, two offensive coordinators and an offense that struggles to score 20 points. Numerous times he's mismanaged games and we lost at the end. And this team, constantly, comes out unprepared or starts very slow.

That's the problem.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                            No one is doubting Fangio as a good defensive coach.

It's that he is failing, miserably, as a head coach. Two years, two offensive coordinators and an offense that struggles to score 20 points. Numerous times he's mismanaged games and we lost at the end. And this team, constantly, comes out unprepared or starts very slow.

That's the problem.

​​​
                            Failing? Miserably??
                            un prepared?

#shakingmyhead
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

The Broncos D has overachieved in my opinion, and that says a load about the players, and yes, the coaches. We are currently 6th in total passing yards, and tied for 5th in yards per attempt. We are 7th in total rushing yards and tied for 13th in yards per carry. I did not find yards per game stats, given some teams have had byes including us, but the yards per attempt and per carry are good indicators of performance, team by team. If you told me we would lose Von for the entire season, have Chubb start a bit slow, lose Casey and Bouye to injury time, I would not expect us to be anywhere near the position we are in. Giving up only 22 points per game given our situation is quite impressive!

Comment

Working...
                              X