No announcement yet.

Denvers Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Kermit et. Al. Will score closer to 30 on us..how we do offensively I have no idea... I can’t predict that side of the ball yet...

I don’t see a win... but maybe some good plays or series..setting up the next meeting.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      No one is doubting Fangio as a good defensive coach.

It's that he is failing, miserably, as a head coach. Two years, two offensive coordinators and an offense that struggles to score 20 points. Numerous times he's mismanaged games and we lost at the end. And this team, constantly, comes out unprepared or starts very slow.

That's the problem.

​​​
      Not totally but in the red zone....absolutely. Very weak imagination to get touchdowns, even with our offensive injuries.

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

this defense is still one of the best in the nfl. i would put them at least top ten.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          this defense is still one of the best in the nfl. i would put them at least top ten.
          losing purcell hurt us so much. him being out is why they rushed for so much

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post

losing purcell hurt us so much. him being out is why they rushed for so much
            A lot of the big runs happened when either Williams would try to go under his block and leave a gaping hole or they’d double team Demarcus Walker and go straight at him. Hopefully they look at some run stuffers this week

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

A lot of the big runs happened when either Williams would try to go under his block and leave a gaping hole or they’d double team Demarcus Walker and go straight at him. Hopefully they look at some run stuffers this week
              Sylvester Williams played 24 snaps (28%) Need to re-watch the game, but it may be a lot of Charger's rushing yards may have come when Denver had two down linemen. Sylvester had four tackles and a deflected pass, but that doesn't account for soaking up blocks which can only be evaluated by watching each of his snaps, which I hope to do.

Dre'Mont and DeMarcus are back, so it may take some time to coordinate the run D better.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Sylvester Williams played 24 snaps (28%) Need to re-watch the game, but it may be a lot of Charger's rushing yards may have come when Denver had two down linemen. Sylvester had four tackles and a deflected pass, but that doesn't account for soaking up blocks which can only be evaluated by watching each of his snaps, which I hope to do.

Dre'Mont and DeMarcus are back, so it may take some time to coordinate the run D better.
                My bad, I meant Dashawn Williams. Didn’t really notice Sylvester too much outside of short yardage situations. Walker played with a ton of energy and was chasing guys way down the field, unfortunately he just isn’t big/strong enough to hold his own against double teams. Alexander Johnson had a couple bad run fits too when he would blitz, that kind of exacerbated D. Williams going under blocks.

Comment

My bad, I meant Dashawn Williams. Didn’t really notice Sylvester too much outside of short yardage situations. Walker played with a ton of energy and was chasing guys way down the field, unfortunately he just isn’t big/strong enough to hold his own against double teams. Alexander Johnson had a couple bad run fits too when he would blitz, that kind of exacerbated D. Williams going under blocks.
                  Did you see what Sylvester did at NE right after he stopped Cam on the 2XPA? He got up and went straight to the sideline, gatorade bucket and the bench. Priorities.

Comment

Did you see what Sylvester did at NE right after he stopped Cam on the 2XPA? He got up and went straight to the sideline, gatorade bucket and the bench. Priorities.
                    It’s rough in those trenches, pushing 300 lb bodies around isn’t easy. Got to stay hydrated lol

Comment

It’s rough in those trenches, pushing 300 lb bodies around isn’t easy. Got to stay hydrated lol
                      Don't be gettin' between Sylvester and the Gatorade bucket.

Comment

Don't be gettin' between Sylvester and the Gatorade bucket.
                        You gave me a good laugh with your statement

Either way I still feel denver defense is definitely going in the right direction
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

You gave me a good laugh with your statement

Either way I still feel denver defense is definitely going in the right direction
                          Me, too!

Comment

Denver's defensive improvement owes a significant nod to one Kareem Jackson!

He reminds me of Lynch and TJ when he lays the wood What a great signing by JE and the gang. Perfect in Fangio's scheme.

Can you believe he's 5' 10" and 190 lbs.... Wow
                            Last edited by Taos_Broncomaniac; 11-03-2020, 10:44 AM.
                            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                              Denver's defensive improvement owes a significant nod to one Kareem Jackson!

He reminds me of Lynch and TJ when he lays the wood What a great signing by JE and the gang. Perfect in Fangio's scheme.

Can you believe he's 5' 10" and 190 lbs.... Wow
                              I feel he also way better in overage then Lynch or Ward
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

I can't feel that we want to get Rid of Vic Fangio. he has been doing a great job building this defense with elway. i think we are 1 or 2 piece away from an elite unit. Oj has been one of the better rookie CBs. Bassey has also been impressive and Callahan has been proving he isn't just a nickle CB. i feel they all have look really good.

but what i love is the deguise and deception around Fangios scheme is it hard to pin point who is rushing even though it is generally 4. i feel this defense has been stepping up and can be a special unit.
                                I think Vic is definitely a good defensive coach. Last year and this year our defense has shown some really good signs. He has gotten more experience in Denver at learning to adjust with injuries than he already has.

If we can improve some of the other areas on this team I am pretty sure Vic can coach a defense good enough to be a contender.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X