Here Comes The Cavalry....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Comes The Cavalry....

Lots of reinforcements returning to the Broncos this week. Fant, Hamler and Gordon have all been cleared to play. AJ Bouye and Dre'Mont Jones will both be activated from IR before the game, both will play. And the coaches are currently debating on whether DeMarcus Walker will also be activated from IR for the game, he's practiced all week.

Whether it helps end this miserable streak the Broncos are currently on against the Chefs remains to be seen. But it's certainly a good thing that the Broncos are getting healthier, hopefully it stays that way.

I think we keep Vannett and Butt off the field and have Fant and Albert O in the snaps every play on every drive. Use them to block or chip and run out to the flat for easy yardage. Thats the one thing this team can't do is quick, short routes for easy 4-5 yard pick ups.

Run a no huddle offense. Think of some plays that have Lock keep the ball and run for easy yards. I just wish Jeudy could get more familiar with Lock cause I heard he kind of roams around until he gets open but it's never in the same spot so Lock doesn't know where to throw it because of that. The timing is off cause of all the quick steps he takes to get open

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
      I think we keep Vannett and Butt off the field and have Fant and Albert O in the snaps every play on every drive. Use them to block or chip and run out to the flat for easy yardage. Thats the one thing this team can't do is quick, short routes for easy 4-5 yard pick ups.

Run a no huddle offense. Think of some plays that have Lock keep the ball and run for easy yards. I just wish Jeudy could get more familiar with Lock cause I heard he kind of roams around until he gets open but it's never in the same spot so Lock doesn't know where to throw it because of that. The timing is off cause of all the quick steps he takes to get open
      I have been hoping and waiting to see Fant and Albert O on the field together. With Dotson at RT hopefully providing improved pass pro I really, really want to see what 2WR/2TE/1RB sets can do. Patrick/Jeudy/Fant/Albert O with Lindsay and Gordon subbing each other out. Throw Hamler in to replace Albert O every once in a while, and throw Hamler in to get 5 guys in a route every once in a while as well. That's what I have been waiting for since the draft except that I was expecting Sutton instead of Patrick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post

Vannett or beck are still good blockers and the best blocking te we have
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Despite the drops, Albert O flashed against the Pats. I think Butt looks the most likely to be inactive vs the Chiefs.

Edit: Both Butt and Beck are listed as questionable.
          Last edited by Bootleg; 10-24-2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Chiefs still win big.

Going on 10 straight losses to KC.

Embarrassing.

Comment

They will be going Kelce, we should be going Fant.....time for the tank! I don't mind Lock going home run a few times, and most definitely 20 plus yarders throughout, because even though we have a pretty good run game, we need to keep them spread out.

It's abc stuff....move the chains, even if just 4-5 yarders. Spread them out to give us room. If healthy, give Fant the ball.

On D, rotate the big boys often, and stay fresh, as Mahomes will make you run.

Stay close, and if we can manufacture turnovers, we can win this in Q4.
              Last edited by CanDB; 10-24-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                Chiefs still win big.

Going on 10 straight losses to KC.

Embarrassing.
                Wonderful attitude
                sigpic

Comment

Great news.... no more excuses about this person hurt and that person is hurt.
                  In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Happy to get Hamler back. In his first full game it looked like they were trying to get him the ball. I like the way the 49ers use Samuel-even behind the LOS- to create the threat. Hamler is a big key to this offense as he brings our top speed. I expect we take a few shots at him.

I also expect Jeudy to get some good looks this game. Jeudy is such a precise route runner, I think the possibility of slick conditions plays into his strength. He knows where he's going/cutting the defense is going to have a hard time staying close.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      Happy to get Hamler back. In his first full game it looked like they were trying to get him the ball. I like the way the 49ers use Samuel-even behind the LOS- to create the threat. Hamler is a big key to this offense as he brings our top speed. I expect we take a few shots at him.

I also expect Jeudy to get some good looks this game. Jeudy is such a precise route runner, I think the possibility of slick conditions plays into his strength. He knows where he's going/cutting the defense is going to have a hard time staying close.

KC's secondary better not sleep on us. Our personnel are eerily similar to LV with Hamler and Fant back, and Lock is way more aggressive downfield than Carr is.

Check it:
                      Agholor - Patrick
                      Ruggs - Hamler
                      (S) Renfrow - Jeudy
                      Waller - Fant

They dropped 40 on KC. Nobody else has scored more than 20. It wasn't cold and snowing and stuff, but yeah.
                      Last edited by Spice 1; 10-24-2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

KC's secondary better not sleep on us. Our personnel are eerily similar to LV with Hamler and Fant back, and Lock is way more aggressive downfield than Carr is.

Check it:
                        Agholor - Patrick
                        Ruggs - Hamler
                        (S) Renfrow - Jeudy
                        Waller - Fant

They dropped 40 on KC. Nobody else has scored more than 20. It wasn't cold and snowing and stuff, but yeah.
                        Exactly- I know we aren't at full strength, but this is close. I'm ready to see what Shurmer finally has in store.

Comment

It is great getting more players back. Sometimes I notice however that the players holding up the fort when others are down do an admirable job. So I often feel like the true benefit of getting good players back comes a little later, maybe game two. There's some transition. But then again, we're in it for the long run, and any experience gained by those backing up is like money in the bank. It's an investment in the future. It's experience you can not get in practice only. And it's a confidence builder, because these guys now know they can play with the big boys.

Comment

Keep Lindsay on the field. Gotta keep establishing the run. Lindsay is gold. LET HIM PROVE IT.

Don’t throw bombs on 3rd and short. Get the 1st down before taking a shot down field.

No turnovers on offense, but get turnovers on defense.

I’m a rudimentary, elementary, basic type of gal. I know this is NOT rocket science but it is GOOD science.

LISTEN TO IT. !!!!!!
                            Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-24-2020, 04:31 PM.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Keep Lindsay on the field. Don’t throw bombs on 3rd and short. Get the 1st down before taking a shot down field.

No turnovers on offense, but get turnovers on defense.

I’m a rudimentary, elementary, basic type of gal.
                              Elementary my dear......

Comment

Working...
                              X