Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next four games can change the season. Anyone else optimistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still optimistic. But having realistic expectations to begin with has a lot to do with it. So expecting us to be superbowl contenders was never something I entertained. I thought we would be in position to battle for a wild card spot. Which is still obtainable now that we have the toughest part of the schedule behind us. Although the chargers and raiders play tough those games will be huge for us. Lock is 5-3 as a starter. He had a ton of poor decisions today just as any young quarterback will have. Easily could have checked down and had positive plays early in the game. Our defense is very good tough to overcome 4 turnovers vs anyone. At one point without the pick 6 and kick off return the score was 10 to 9 offensively speaking. Loosing lindsay on a helmet to helmet no call was huge. He is so explosive and the offense was starting to roll. Benching a young qb after 8 games is crazy. Vic has implemented a great defense and a culture. Special teams is the biggest issue I have not including McManus he is fine. Everything else I'm willing to let evolve and grow.

Comment

Punch drunk how much are you willing to bet on 4 games or less. I'd happily take the over.

Comment

can they win the next 4 games? nope
        will they win the next 4 games? nope

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
          Broncos are going to win 4 games this year.
          and thats a maybe....we can't score tds. Idc how good the def plays if the def holds a team to 14 pts they did their jobs hell we can score that.
          In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

I’m still optimistic, it was one game and the Chiefs are a team that doesn’t let you make mistakes and get away with it.
            Gotta beat the Chargers.
            sigpic

Comment

Well.... there is one win. Not exactly as i would have expected but a win none the less. lol

On to ATL. Go Broncos!

Comment

I think the SD game was pretty much our problems in a nut shell.

When they had Bosa we did not have the talent on offense to deal with their front seven....and we scored 3 points. This is what happened in the other losses...our talent on offense (in particular the OL) did not match up at all with the opposing front 7.

When they lost Bosa our offensive talent level was more in line with what the Chargers had...and we scored points.

If we want to be contenders again we need to figure out why our talent acquisition for the OL is so horrible....or make trades. If PM years are taken away it is been a LONG time since we had the ability to play pass protection even with average ability. I think the issue runs deep into the scouting area of the team.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

If I had any faith in the coaching staff, I might be optimistic.

For now, I’ll just say the games are winnable.
                  You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    I think the SD game was pretty much our problems in a nut shell.

When they had Bosa we did not have the talent on offense to deal with their front seven....and we scored 3 points. This is what happened in the other losses...our talent on offense (in particular the OL) did not match up at all with the opposing front 7.

When they lost Bosa our offensive talent level was more in line with what the Chargers had...and we scored points.

If we want to be contenders again we need to figure out why our talent acquisition for the OL is so horrible....or make trades. If PM years are taken away it is been a LONG time since we had the ability to play pass protection even with average ability. I think the issue runs deep into the scouting area of the team.
                    Re-watched the game. As far as I could tell, Joey Bosa left the game in the 4th quarter around the time that the score was 24-17.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      I’m still optimistic, it was one game and the Chiefs are a team that doesn’t let you make mistakes and get away with it.
                      Gotta beat the Chargers.
                      Beat the Chargers.....check!!!!!
                      one week at a time.
                      Let’s beat Atlanta!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Re-watched the game. As far as I could tell, Joey Bosa left the game in the 4th quarter around the time that the score was 24-17.
                        So we scored 17 points in 3+ qtrs with Bosa on the field and 14 points in less than a qtr with him off the field.
                        Last edited by Hadez; 11-05-2020, 10:49 AM.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

So we scored 17 points in 3+ qtrs with Bosa on the field and 14 points in less than a qtr with him off the field.
                          The seventeenth point occurred at 11:42 in the 4th quarter, so that sounds about right. Tried to see exactly when Bosa left. Not sure exactly when. Denver's next possession after the seventeenth point began at 7:57.

P.S. Joey Bosa is in concussion protocol and did not practice yesterday. He is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Raiders.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 11-05-2020, 11:47 AM.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I dont think it was as much as bosa getting pressure as it was the playcalling and Drew not trusting his Oline. A lot of plays he would just run when there wasnt much pressure at all

I'm a bit nervous about this game. Atlanta has all the weapons they need. Will they finally piece it together this game? Hope not. Hoping Drew found his rhythm and Shurmur knows what he can do and what he is most comfortable doing

We just need to run the ball down their throats with lindsay and keep the drive alive. No more long balls on third and short to kill the drive

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Beat the Chargers.....check!!!!!
                              one week at a time.
                              Let’s beat Atlanta!!!!
                              whos covering Julio?

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

whos covering Julio?
                                Hopefully 2 people every play especially if Ridley is out. OJ is probably the best matchup size wise but Callahan plays bigger than he is so he’ll get some looks as well. But Simmons and Jackson should always be in the vicinity. I think the real problem is, if one of our Safeties is doubling up on Julio, are we trusting our LBs to cover Hurst on an island and Gurley out of the backfield? Either way the pass rush is going to have to bring it all game, especially Chubb. He looked a little gassed in the 2nd half against the Chargers and understandably so. The offense will have to keep them off the field as well, they shouldn’t have too much trouble with that because Atlanta doesn’t have a great defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X